forum

Taiko: Draft Masters [Winners: Euro Gamers + Jaye!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Backfire

Discord | Database | Registration | Teams | Stream | Bracket

Let the Draft Begin...

Welcome to Taiko: Draft Masters, this is a 2v2 team tournament for 4 players based around a drafting card-game style of tournament. Each of the teams will draft their very own challenging map-pools out of 400 unique maps and battle it out head-to-head, double elimination style, in rounds of everyone's favorite rhythm game, Taiko.

1. This is a 2v2 tournament consisting of a maximum of 4 Players per team. Please register with the link above.
  2. This is a Taiko tournament.
  3. This is an international tournament.
  4. The tournament will be played in scorev2.
  5. There will be no rank limit and the top 32 teams based on rank will be accepted at the end of the registration period.
  6. This tournament is going to be difficult, matching Taiko World Cup's level of difficulty.
  7. To score a point, this tournament will be using the highest total score out of either team to decide.
  8. The tournament is double elimination and there will be a group stage that decides your bracket placement.
  9. All match times are in UTC.
  10. No staff members are allowed to play other than streamers, commentators, and graphics designers.

1. The Draft will be held 1 week before Group Stage. You will only draft ONCE.
  2. Drafts will be conducted in groups of 4. There will be 8 groups in total.
  3. Drafting is a simple process, which will be automated by our friend Acrith. Each team will get a pack of 12 Maps. A team will select one map and pass the pack to the next team in order, until each team has selected 12 maps in total from 4 packs.
  4. Tie-Breakers will have their own pack, and teams will only select ONE.
  5. Each pack will consist of 5 mods: No Mod, Hard Rock, Hidden, Double Time and Free Mod.
  6. In addition, there are rarities. Rarities will correlate with Difficulty, so make sure to choose wisely for your teams ability!
  7. You may select as many of one mod as you like, or a mix. All Hard Rock? Ok! A mixture? Fine too! The freedom and choice is entirely up to the teams!
  8. Teams will be given a dashboard where they will manage their map-pool. They MUST select 8 maps (of their 12) to bring per match, along with their Tie-Breaker. This will be required 5 days in advance. The remaining maps will be in their "side-board" and can be used in other matches. This adds an element of strategy to your pool building!
  9. The Referee will invite you to the match and you will be expected to join within 15 minutes of the written time. You may swap team members during the match at any time.
  10. Teams will select from the enemy team's map pool for play. There are no bans.
  11. Free Mod must be played with one of these selected mods: Hidden, Hard Rock or Both.
  12. The Tie-Breakers will be played with Free Mod. To decide the tie-breaker, teams will use the !roll function, and the team that rolls highest may choose between each of them.
  13. Group Stage is BO7, RO16 & QF is BO9, SF & Finals is BO11 and Grand Finals is BO13.
  14. One last additional rule: From RO16 & Beyond, the Winner of a matchup must choose a map of their own to swap with their choice of the opponents pool. We have added a rewards system internally that is reflected on the sheet and has been used via Discord, join there to see the rest of the details.

Staff:

Tournament Organizers: Backfire and Lno
Map-pool Database + Programmer: Acrith
Streamer: Deroo, ITotallyGetThat
Commentators: Catulus, Beat43210, and any other Volunteers
Graphic Designer: Backfire
Referees: All Staff + Raoul, Mimir, Akali393394, Starger, Axer
If you are interested in helping with any of these, please join the discord by clicking the link at the top of the post!

Tournament Dates:

Drafting: July 13th - July 14th
Tournament Start: July 20th (Group Stage)
Tournament End: August 24th (Grand Finals)

Championship Prize:

First Place: A Profile Badge Hopefully
Noko_BSF
Hype uwu
Beat43210
Complicated ruleset but I've been through more complicated stuff. LETS DO THIS
CrowWhite
I want it! I want it!! I WANT IT!!!
Topic Starter
Backfire
One thing I'd like to mention is the database is not finished yet, but it will be public and finished as soon as it is. It will hopefully answer any questions you have about rarity, packs, difficulty and so on. For now, please ask me questions in the discord or be patient for those answers <3
Chromoxx
Interesting concept!
Reminds me of mtg booster drafts back in the days :)
Topic Starter
Backfire

Chromoxx wrote:

Interesting concept!
Reminds me of mtg booster drafts back in the days :)
It's precisely what it's based upon :)
Acrith
HYPE
Topic Starter
Backfire
If you'd like to check out all of the ins and outs of the drafting, you may now do so, as the maps available as well as various statistics are now available through the Database
Acrith
We are after test drafts of my programmed and scripted google sheet especially for this project.

Everything automated, with player filling up stuff through the rules. Player is the one choosing, without staff assisting, with all the interactions.
Hope it will convice you to take part!
Topic Starter
Backfire
Registration has closed now, we have 24 teams in total, so a good even number for drafting and groups! Hope you guys will have fun. Drafting will commence tomorrow!
Topic Starter
Backfire
All drafts have been completed!

Groups and Schedule coming later tonight.
Topic Starter
Backfire
Some additional rules/clarifications here, this will be integral to the "Map Swapping" aspect of the tournament

1. You have essentially 12 maps. You need to select 8 maps out of 12 to be used during your matchup. I think we will settle a deadline for selecting such pool until Wednesday 23:59 UTC+0 for each matchup separately.
2. During Group Stage:
-> If you won your group, you are granted a "BYE", which means they advance one additional round without playing.
-> If you lose your group (#3 place), you still go to Double Elimination, AND you are allowed to pick any free map in Database to switch it over any map in your map-pool.

3. During Double Elimination
-> For each win in bracket, you have right to switch one map between yours and enemy's pool.
-> For each turn that you are present in loser bracket, you have right to pick any free map in Database to switch it over any map in your map-pool.

This essentially creates a situation, where winner of loser bracket matchup can "switch" two maps in total, which should start giving you serious advantage