forum

Newbie Mafia 8 (Flawless Town Win)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rantai
Kayne is clearly distance voting his scum buddy.
Jayel
Unvote: Kanye West

Sorry, I think I can't participate this game... (goodness...)
I need replacement. :cry:
Jinxy

Jayel wrote:

Somehow I read this as "someone's suspicious of distance votings and I distance voted gotta bail"
bmin11
Umm.... ya, I think that's a record for fast replacement call if we have any.

I'm surprised someone actually suggested a massclaim already. Care to explain your thoughts, akro?

It has been 33 hours already since the start of the day, meaning we have around 70 hours left, and yet you start a random vote. Kayne, are you sure your vote is not going to impact the lynch result, or you simply don't care?
bmin11

JInxyjem wrote:

Jayel wrote:

Somehow I read this as "someone's suspicious of distance votings and I distance voted gotta bail"
To say the least, he is either having real life issues, or hyper-paranoid.
Rantai
D:
Nyquill

Kanye West wrote:

let's get this party started
I'm cool with this

vote: bmin11
Lincolm
Although I don't cooperate with Kanye, random told me to Vote : Sync :lol:
Kanye West

bmin11 wrote:

Umm.... ya, I think that's a record for fast replacement call if we have any.

I'm surprised someone actually suggested a massclaim already. Care to explain your thoughts, akro?

It has been 33 hours already since the start of the day, meaning we have around 70 hours left, and yet you start a random vote. Kayne, are you sure your vote is not going to impact the lynch result, or you simply don't care?
I thought akro was joking with the massclaim thing so i random voted, lol
Jayel
I suggested the replacement because I cannot have internet access for two days.
No other reasons.
bmin11

Kayne West wrote:

I thought akro was joking with the massclaim thing so i random voted, lol
What made you believe in that? I couldn't notice that at all :<

And are you guys really want a random-vote-fest while we only have 56 hours left? Remember, we are not in the same time zone (I'm in S.Korea for example) and this means we will be taking atleast a day or two to actually have some kind of a discussion. So please, hold you votes back.

I'm actually surprised you guys just disregarded my post
Nyquill
Thought I'd like to mention when kanye started the random vote it was not late at all, 70 hours to discuss and provide results. In fact, we had even less time for anime mafia and a random vote proved somewhat useful.

But seriously if we're doing a random vote we need everyone to follow through, if we started one at around the time bmin posted, it wouldn't have been too late

unvote
Lincolm
Nyquill got the point, but maybe discussion better.

Unvote
akrolsmir

bmin11 wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

And if everyone claims VT we're back to square one.
thatsthejoke.jpg

Nyquill wrote:

But seriously if we're doing a random vote we need everyone to follow through, if we started one at around the time bmin posted, it wouldn't have been too late
I'm not sure your idea of a random vote squares with mine, but having everyone follow through is absolutely not necessary to create enough useful information to discuss which IMO is the point of rvs.

For instance, vote: bmin11 on a perceived unwillingness to have votes flying around lest he be lynched.
Rantai

Jayel wrote:

I suggested the replacement because I cannot have internet access for two days.
No other reasons.
If it's only 2 days then you should be fine to get back into it, if you wanted to.

@Akro - Could just be overly cautious (which doesn't make much sense when I think about it, for the first day).
bmin11
I wouldn't have been this cautious if the forum was only more active.

I'm worried of townies getting lynched from lurker's random vote. I'm skeptical that people will fully participate D1, after watching several games before this one.

I know this went well for Themeless Mafia, but the chance of this happening is 2/9 + mafia lurking, which I think it's quite slim.

akro wrote:

thatsthejoke.jpg
Please don't make this kinds of joke in Newbie Mafia. Anywhere, but not in Newbie Mafia.
Jinxy

akrolsmir wrote:

For instance, vote: bmin11 on a perceived unwillingness to have votes flying around lest he be lynched.
I see subtle scumpainting of bmin here. bmin was unwilling because he felt there wasn't enough time and a townie could end up being lynched, not himself.
Rantai
However, that entire sentiment (for lack of better words) still includes himself.
bmin11
I don't see the point of this argument at all. Are you suggesting that disagreeing with risking possible town lynches leads to being over-cautious of it's own life?

Anyway, the day ends in 40 hours. I'm thinking of prodding Sync, since he hasn't posted a single post, while having two votes on him. If anyone agrees, do the prodding for me.

Heading to bed. Good night.
Rantai
Unless you're outright claiming mafia right now, yes.

Especially with a lynch that is based purely on words and no actions. The thing that got me raising an eyebrow was this is coming straight off a player with a vote on him. Not much but it's curious.
akrolsmir
@bmin We're always going to be risking town lynches, unless we have a claimed cop. Our chances with a lynch (2/9) are much better than our chances of waiting for the nk (0/9).

Also, what is up with explicitly pointing out Sync's lurking and NOT prodding him? (prod:Sync)

Thus far I have not been dissuaded of lynching bmin.
bmin11

Rantai wrote:

Unless you're outright claiming mafia right now, yes.

Especially with a lynch that is based purely on words and no actions. The thing that got me raising an eyebrow was this is coming straight off a player with a vote on him. Not much but it's curious.
It's uncharacteristic of you that you have gotten your facts wrong. Sync was the one that got the first vote and was the only vote when I started rambling about "it's too late and dangerous to start a RVS"

I guess it could be taken that way if we look at Nyquill's vote (which came after my post) and my second post following that, but why should I suddenly change my thoughts just from that single vote?
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Prodded Sync

VOTE COUNT:
Sync (1) - Kanye West
bmin11 (1) - akrolsmir

Not Voting (7) - JInxyjem, Rantai, bmin11, Nyquill, Sync, Lincolm, Jayel

DEADLINE IS IN AROUND 24 HOURS.

Edit: Fixed the incorrect votes.
Rantai
Well ok point taken, but you still continue to urge us to be cautious but present no other alternatives at this moment.

Until I see something else your over-cautiousness is still unwarranted.
Sync
fff, I was expecting a PM at the start of D1

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with random voting D1 -- even at the very start. As long as someone doesn't hammer in without town's consensus (aka scum or stupid newbtown) then we're fine.
akrolsmir
... prod: everyone not named Rantai, bmin or Sync

What do you all think about lynching one of the many lurkers day 1?
bmin11
Can we have another 24 or 48 hours? I'm going to be gone for a day.

Even though I don't know how this is related to me being cautious of single vote lynch, but I'll try to think of one. Actually, everyone else should as well for the better good of town.
Lincolm
12 Hours left?

I don't have any idea to vote whom. The best idea still random vote in first day.

Well, maybe bmin really like to analyze every single kind of vote (and post) that coming trough which make him cautious. A good player, isn't he?
Nyquill

Lincolm wrote:

I don't have any idea to vote whom. The best idea still random vote in first day.
Not really an option anymore, as a reactionary guage will no longer work at this point.

Kanye where the hell are you we haven't seen you in 2 pages along with Jayel (but he has internet problems?).

And my point still stands that bmin called off kanye's random vote way too early. Being "cautious" has its limits.
Jayel
Sorry for the inactivity, guys.

Well, I do not have any idea whom I should vote, either.
Maybe Sync is the only one I have doubt on.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
I'm extending the deadline by 24 hours.
This will be your only extension for this day.
Kanye West
Cool, thanks for the extension; I was out of town yesterday. Sure we could lynch lurkers, but no one's really lurking anymore, are they? I guess my RV still stands for now anyway. I don't really want to vote bmin unless town reaches a solid consensus. Being cautious =/= mafia.
Lincolm
Vote : No-Lynch

Sorry, just don't want pick anyone without reason even I like using random.
akrolsmir
@Lincolm - Well, if we go no-lynch, that gives us a 0% chance of hitting mafia while they have 100% chance of hitting town tonight. And when we start up tomorrow, we'll be in the same place as today not knowing who to lynch, and be down one person. Meanwhile, if we do lynch someone, even if it's town we'll have a record of who was willing to lynch that person and who abstained, which is useful information as we move on. For that reason, no-lynch day 1 is usually a bad idea.

@Kanye- Are you really comfortable lynching Sync with your 1 random vote? Because that's the way things are looking so far.
Sync

Jayel wrote:

Sorry for the inactivity, guys.

Well, I do not have any idea whom I should vote, either.
Maybe Sync is the only one I have doubt on.
Don't point your finger without telling us why.

vote: Jayel

Basically parroting, added nothing with his post and simply posted so he wouldn't be deemed as a lurker in aims that the spotlight wouldn't be on him. Unless you guys want to lynch a lurker or somebody random, Jayel is probably the best bet in terms of a D1 lynch.

What do you guys think?
Rantai
I was attributing that to being new (mainly because I haven't seen him play enough to know better).
Jinxy
Sorry for slight inactivity, schoolwork and stuff the past few days

Rantai wrote:

I was attributing that to being new (mainly because I haven't seen him play enough to know better).

Jayel wrote:

It is sort of complicated.... since I'm a newbie here, though I've played Mafia games in many other places... :/
Honestly, I wouldn't dismiss him that easily, considering he claims to have played before.
bmin11
I was thinking of no-lynch, but the chance of having no pro-town roles has just made the plan to sound even worse then it was.

Well... I hate how scummy this is going to sound like, but if akro doesn't unvote me (even though I have made a post how his reasoning does not make sense), I'll be voting someone else just to save myself. I know lynching me is going to be a town lynch with a chance of 100%, so I would rathershoot for the 1/4 chance now.
Jayel
The reason I doubted Sync was sort of simple: he was silently waiting while others are talking -- (it was solely based on my prejudice, but)
Now I've got to have my decision.

Vote: Sync

I think he is being aggressive on me after I said I have doubt on him.
Lincolm
@akro : Thought of that also. I just thinking for the save search also. Maybe with more people we get more informations. Although I agree with yours also. I will thinking of that but I still on my option.

4 hours left
show more