forum

Can't Decide on the Rhythm

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
galactiknight
I have been working on "Kids" by OneRepublic, but I cannot decide what rhythm I want for 00:57:722.

For the first part of the section, I have it as an active rhythm that involves the drum sounds. For the second part, I have a relaxed rhythm. focusing more on the vocals than the drums.
When I "sing it"/ imagine it, I want to use the latter, but when looking at the AI play it, I want to use the first one mentioned.

I know I already asked about this, but please help :P

Thanks!
xenal
There is too much needless repetition. Too much focus on vocal, lack of emphasis of the drum which is the main mapped instrument. White ticks > blue ticks. Here's a rhythm which would put more on white ticks
There are other stuff in music you can use to break repetition, like the sounds at 01:00:301 - 01:00:901 - 01:02:701 - which would change last screenshot into something more like this

Idk if the "second part" is 01:07:501 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20) - but that's bad and I hate it.
Topic Starter
galactiknight
(oof okay)

For that second part, I had my suspicions that it was boring. I was confused about how to focus on the vocals as you said in a previous post, https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/900993. I did feel as if the drums are a necessary part of this section.

Your screenshot, for the most part, did appear to be similar to what I had, except for the beginnings and the end. I put in your suggestion and it did feel better, but the longer slider does look strange even though it matches the vocals. It's like there should be something in between. Would a decreased slider velocity (x0.5) or a 2 circle separation also work?

Also, your second screenshot seems to be the same as the previous one. I am not sure if this was intended.
xenal
First screenshot in wrong one, oups. Doesn't really matter.

Other than begenning and ending, NC are set on white ticks instead of blue ticks for "White ticks > blue ticks". While I would agree that first slider I put kinda look out of place, the 2 other longs aren't really. They aren't to vocals, but on that thing that is exclusive there, so mapped it differently to break the "There is too much needless repetition".

I did say to focus more on vocals, I didn't meant to put all in vocals (maybe I should explain myself better from time to time -.-"). Drum is on all white ticks, there is a minor sound each 1/4 barely audible, hitsounds mask it, so only variation is in the vocals where he sings for either 1/2 or 1/4 (and 01:02:701 - full beat) and different words. To some extends, this variation is needed, because you have 40 seconds of this constant music (20sec at 1 minute and 20sec more at 3:24)