forum

Checking up with Beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
galactiknight
I wanted to check on the current state of my beatmap "Kids" by OneRepublic. Last time I asked whether the spacing was an issue, and I think I am more accustomed to the speed.

I got into 1:15:00 of the song, and I just wanna check whether it's fine.
The song: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/960089#osu/2010037

Some notes on what I did and some questions in no particular order:

1. It was recommended that I change the bpm to 100, but I kept it at 200 bpm for now just to not get the annoying 1/8 warning. Also, I heard some people won't mod the beatmap if it's under a certain bpm, will this become an issue?
  2. I have the spacing based on the "intensity" (big words :P) of the song. For example, quieter or less exciting parts have smaller spacing than louder and more exciting ones.
  3. I have the spacing before a drumbeat be a significant distance away to represent the drumbeat.
  4. I changed the comboburst sprite to another furry :D, it's several pixels wide and I wanted to check whether it's too wide.
  5. I'm having trouble getting the volume right as it gets louder. For example, I am having to change the hitsound volume by a large amount. I want to make sure that the hitsounds are audible, but not annoying (especially the normal ones).
  6. Should I map the guitar sounds where it's just being strum repeatedly. It's the one that isn't a big strum, but the little ones (can you tell I'm not a guitarist ;)).
  7. At around 1:00:00 section, is there a way to make that sound more interesting other than the groups of 3 I have?
  8. If you find anything else wrong with it, also note it.

Sorry for this wall of text. But please check it :D. Thanks!
xenal
­

galactiknight wrote:

I kept it at 200 bpm for now just to not get the annoying 1/8

Just use 1/4 whenever you are not using stream, use 1/8 when needed. 1/8 message disapear after a short time anyway (and reappear every time you press alt). Get used to it.

­

galactiknight wrote:

I heard some people won't mod the beatmap if it's under a certain bpm, will this become an issue?

Yes and no. 100bpm can basically equals 200bpm. While some people just turn around when they see 100, most don't and just double it in their head (because a 100bpm 5* would kinda need to be like cross screen stuff or idk).

­

galactiknight wrote:

comboburst sprite to another furry

furry Seems to be fine, tho I don't think people would really like a furry to jump at them every so often (that is, for thoses who still have comboburst enabled).

­

galactiknight wrote:

I want to make sure that the hitsounds are audible

They are more than audible.

­

galactiknight wrote:

At around 1:00:00 section, is there a way to make that sound more interesting other than the groups of 3 I have?

Don't be so focused on the drum if it's too boring, focus on something else. Here vocal are the main thing.
Topic Starter
galactiknight
xenal i have read your post, i am currently a bit busy.
Thanks! :D