forum

User Rating Request [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Hi, I just want to Request that people must only be allowed to rate a certain map if and only if they passed all the diff of the map. This is to prevent spam ratings. I guess it's not enough to judge a map by passing one of its difficulty.
Luna
So only Insane players can rate maps? And even then they have to force themselves through Easy/Normal diffs just to be eligible?
wtf no
Cyclohexane
Obvious flaws, unreasonable idea. No support.

The player should be able to rate the mapset according to the difficulty he played. Not only the hardest difficulty should be evaluated.
-Athena-
Different ratings for each diff, and then a total average of such ratings for every map then? or is the system already like that?
bomber34
Well even if we do what you want it won't change anything.
People seem to rate after following aspects
- If they like the song
- If they like the mapper
- If it is easy to get massive amounts of points
- If it is an anime/vocaloid map

there are more aspects but these seem to me as the main aspects of rating, because I cannot understand why some average or crappy maps get a 8.9-9.2
rating and other maps not.
Just ignore the user rating. There is no way to get a fair rating
Deif
Moreover, most players won't play absolutely all the difficulties of every single map... just the one that suits to their level.

Not supporting this.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
nope
Sey
What about players that cannot play insane or hard maps because they do not have the skill for it yet?
Nah, can't support this.
ampzz
It's painful enough going through a nightcore map once, forcing people to play the same song countless times would make a few players lose their sanity.
Azure_Kite
I don't think most people play a beatmap only to rate it, ampzz. Those who would play through every difficulty would either REALLY ENJOY THE SONG, be PP farming and/or accuracy farming.

Because of that, the rating would likely be skewed so that every map would have a 9 or 10 rating.