forum

Help Correctly Installing Skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SirOxion
I need some help downloading and installing skins, I've placed the skins I've found in the skins folder in their own subfolders however when I select them in osu! Nothing changes what am I doing wrong?
Matt2e2
If they're an .osk file you can just double click on them and osu will extract them for you. Otherwise, if they're a .zip or .rar archive, extract the folder found inside to your Skins folder (no need to make another new folder if the skin files are already in one in the archive).
RockRoller

Matt2e2 wrote:

Otherwise, if they're a .zip or .rar archive, extract the folder found inside to your Skins folder (no need to make another new folder if the skin files are already in one in the archive).

But make sure that the folder you drop into your skin folder actually contains the skin files and that there isn't a nested folder that holds the files.
Topic Starter
SirOxion

Matt2e2 wrote:

If they're an .osk file you can just double click on them and osu will extract them for you. Otherwise, if they're a .zip or .rar archive, extract the folder found inside to your Skins folder (no need to make another new folder if the skin files are already in one in the archive).

RockRoller wrote:

Matt2e2 wrote:

Otherwise, if they're a .zip or .rar archive, extract the folder found inside to your Skins folder (no need to make another new folder if the skin files are already in one in the archive).

But make sure that the folder you drop into your skin folder actually contains the skin files and that there isn't a nested folder that holds the files.

Thanks so much to both of you I got it working!