forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
pandaBee

eclipselotus wrote:

Any others SoL suggestion? (or maybe Drama genres)
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso
jinrui wa suitai shimashita
Tari Tari
Gj-Bu
Rizumu Tenshi

eclipselotus wrote:

Any others SoL suggestion? (or maybe Drama genres)
I'm hoping you have watched Acchi Kocchi
If you didn't, up to you. First SoL I obtained permanently, so you can tell how it was great for me, and hopefully for you too~ :)
Keihyan
Does anyone know the ''Phycho-pass'' its really exciting anime. its a story about the police in future . I hope everyone will start to like this anime~~ and my flag shows Im German but Im Japanese so I have some knowlidge about anime so If anyone have question about anime ,please ask me~~~
Chihara Minori

Baka Tenshi wrote:

I'm hoping you have watched Acchi Kocchi
Of course i did. Because its Pony Canyon, Sentai Filmworks and TBS works on it (there more actually). I like they works
Its fun to watch it, they have right proportion on mixing School-Comedy-SoL
Come with light humor, its easy to enjoy it (even if you're not an otaku)
for extra "it's cute" (^,^*)v
zeno61
Gonna be recommending:

For people liking action shounen type anime:
Yumekui Merry
Ixion Saga DT (If you liked Gintama then try this)

RomCom types:
NyanKoi

Well that's it for now :)
[ yogurt ]
Is ToLoveRu super interesting? I thought I could give it a shot since there's new Darkness season in Summer.
Wishs

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Is ToLoveRu super interesting? I thought I could give it a shot since there's new Darkness season in Summer.
I can't say it is super interesting. It's more like an ecchi harem comedy anime with little story that starts to get interesting and really progress in first darkness, which is like 2rd or 3rd season of the serie. But i quite enjoyed it when i liked ecchi animes. You can give it a try and see for yourself.
Navizel

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Skip to Darkness. You don't really need to watch the prequels because nothing really happened that is important. But even in Darkness, they almost removed Lala by giving the others more screentime for the sake of the "story".
Green Platinum

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

You might as well watch like the intro episode for To-love-Ru. From there I'd say jump to Motto! It's short and conveys the style of the first season well and will get you familiar with the characters before jumping into Darkness.
Szymek
Green Platinum

Sp0of wrote:

Does anyone have any school fantasy anime ??? i really enjoy those.
Like what in particular?
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Can anyone suggest me a comedy anime. More specifically, slapstick comedy.

Something with comedic elements that's also present in Nichijou and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.
Green Platinum

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Can anyone suggest me a comedy anime. More specifically, slapstick comedy.

Something with comedic elements that's also present in Nichijou and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.
I found all these pretty funny and entertaining:
Full Metal Panic for Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei
Eyeshield 21
Working!
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Green Platinum wrote:

I found all these pretty funny and entertaining:
Full Metal Panic for Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei
Eyeshield 21
Working!
-I'm currently watching Working!
-I plan to watch the whole Full Metal Panic series sometime soon.
-I've heard about Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei. Would you say the comedy is comparable to, say, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou?
-Eyeshield 21 seems interesting. I might watch it in the future, though I have a bad history when it comes to animes with a lot of episodes.

Also, I forgot to mention, animes that parodies anything is welcomed. :p
Green Platinum

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

-I've heard about Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei. Would you say the comedy is comparable to, say, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou?
The characters and their situations are generally pretty absurd like nichijou but the series often comes back to satire, while Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou was specifically school life Zetsubou-Sensei covers a much broader range of topics.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I see. I'll definitely give that anime a shot. Thank you for the suggestions.
Szymek
Green Platinum
I mean examples of series' you've seen and liked (disliked helps too I guess) Sp0of
Szymek
Green Platinum

Sp0of wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

I mean examples of series' you've seen and liked (disliked helps too I guess) Sp0of
like Kaichow wa maid sama.
I wouldn't put that as a shounen but...

SkipBeat has a similar feel to Kaichou wa maid-sama
Ao no Exorcist
Kampfer
Baka to test to shoukanjuu
The world god only knows
GunterGaming
Does anyone know any good harem romance anime?
Wishs

GunterGaming wrote:

Which anime have you seen already?
[Superstar]_old
I enjoyed Shuffle! and Mashifoni. If you didn't watch them yet, maybe try :3
[ yogurt ]

GunterGaming wrote:

Those exist?
Szymek
-Makishima S-
Can someone suggest me few titles (you can check my MAL) in cattegory Supernatural / Superpower / Magic with exeption to titles with bunch of lolis spamming all the time same shiz? Good example of what i need is Slayers.

Cheers and thanks buds ^^
Veracion

aisakatayga wrote:

Can someone suggest me few titles (you can check my MAL) in cattegory Supernatural / Superpower / Magic with exeption to titles with bunch of lolis spamming all the time same shiz? Good example of what i need is Slayers.

Cheers and thanks buds ^^
With loli spamming you mean things like precure and such? Then I know what you mean.
Here some that would match that description:

mahouka koukou no rettousei
darker than black
inou battle wa nichijou kei no naka de
log horizon
bakemonogatari, nisemonogatari, etc.
imawa no kuni no alice (through it's quite short)
rokujouma no shinryakusha
Green Platinum
What the hell is wrong with Precure? Atleast I watch the show before I criticise it like that garbage Mahouka. The rest is above average atleast.

I recommend trying:
-Shinsekai yori
-Shiki
-Deathnote
-Katanagatari
-Atleast the Nanoha movies
-Wolf Children
[Superstar]_old

Green Platinum wrote:

[...]
-Atleast the Nanoha movies
[...]
I agree with this!!

Also recommend all the Monogatari titles
Veracion

Green Platinum wrote:

What the hell is wrong with Precure? Atleast I watch the show before I criticise it like that garbage Mahouka. The rest is above average atleast.
Nothing against Precure, just wanted to confirm what he meant. But let's not discuss that here.

Forgot to mention Code Geass for the supernatural genre.
PatZar
Someone can give me a recommend anime? like clannad , angel beats , air ?
i need more feels btw :')
thanks
JamesHappy

Genocide wrote:

thanks
Anohana
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso >i haven't watch it yet
-SayaKai

Genocide wrote:

thanks
Anohana movie >w<
[Superstar]_old
ef, Little Busters!, One Week Friends, Kanon (2006), Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Myself Yourself, Sora no Method

What I recommend the most from the above are both the ef seasons (a tale of memories & a tale of melodies).
But the most extreme, I would say is Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Pure Hell for your kokoro.
Green Platinum

JamesHappy15 wrote:

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
People need to stop treating this like it's the most depressing thing ever.

[Superstar] wrote:

But the most extreme, I would say is Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Pure Hell for your kokoro.
This was kinda like school days to me. A shitty situation that could have easily been avoided if the protagonist wasn't so stupid.

Genocide wrote:

thanks
Other than what's been mentioned
-Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
-Ashita no Joe has some of the best feels especially in shounen anime history
-Kids on the slope maybe
-Wolf Children
PatZar
anohana, sad ending ever :') watched btw.
also, shigatsu wa kimi no uso is it fun to watch?

[Superstar] wrote:

ef, Little Busters!, One Week Friends, Kanon (2006), Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Myself Yourself, Sora no Method

What I recommend the most from the above are both the ef seasons (a tale of memories & a tale of melodies).
ef? el a tale of memories?, little buster isn't that sad ending except season2 everyone are dead ;___;.

Green Platinum wrote:

Other than what's been mentioned
-Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
-Ashita no Joe has some of the best feels especially in shounen anime history
-Kids on the slope maybe
-Wolf Children
and
One Week Friends, Kanon (2006), Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Myself Yourself, Sora no Method
are listed! thanks for suggestion guys!
karlabos
Where should I start with the Monogatari series? There's a lot of saga's. Does it matter, is there a timeline or something? Which is the order?
Navizel
Watch it by release order. Bake > Nise > Neko Kuro > Monogatari S2 > Hana > Tsuki. Kizu never.

Ore Monogatari and Katanagatari are not related to Monogatari series just in case although Katanagatari is also made by Nisio Isin.
-SayaKai
Nisemonogatari :v
Ochinchi-sama
I recommend you watch 'Cory in the house'. It's not very well known but it's really good. It has breathtaking animation and artistic imagery. Definetely my favourite Anime.

show more