forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Green Platinum

Kwonaiden wrote:

I need a recommendation on animes to watch The theme I like is:

Female protaganist like Saber, shana, Erza(fairy tale), Clare/Teresa (yea claymore) like personalities (I love swords and the quiet personalities!)

Suspense ! (similar to Mirai nikki, Kaiji)

gore (optional)

Ecchi/harem I think goes together with hilarious! (I like things that make me laugh out loud like an idiot too or put a goofy grin on my face)

Doesn't have to be together in one!

Thanks in advance
Denpa teki na Kanojo
Higurashi no naku koroni
Durarara
Monster
since you like Claymore try Blood+ (Won't recommend Blood-C tho)
Hanabei
A good anime like SAO is Log Horizon, it's better than SAO in my opinion.
Rizumu Tenshi
I'll need a color lover for this...and I know it'll be hard to find a recommendation for this but...

I'll need help selecting an Anime that's VERY VERY colorful my retinas would burn. Any genre is okay, Mecha less recommended.
Only condition is it must not include as many fanservices as an Anime like HenNeko and Noucome would include (dropped the latter, regret completing the former). This means it can not be ecchi too. G recommended, and PG would be better (PG-13 is okay but condition applies). Beyond is not accepted (not even ampzz will accept it).

I'm not the type to track Anime online, but what's for sure is I won't accept Pretty Rhythm, be it Aurora Dream, Dear My Future or Rainbow Live, as I'm currently watching it (Aurora Dream complete, now Rainbow Live, unsure of Dear My Future). Pri Para also counts as a Pretty Rhythm (but is not a Pretty Rhythm!). Also no Love Live!, finished S1 and I have that in 1080p. And currently watching S2.

Leaving it to you. Also Allah knows I'm writing this, so part of the request is up to you and the rest is up to Allah. And lastly, thank you. :)
silmarilen
mhh very colorful? Nerawareta Gakuen comes to mind (that's a movie tho)
or maybe gatchaman crowds? i cant remember exactly how it was but iirc it was colorful.
Green Platinum

Baka Tenshi wrote:

I'll need a color lover for this...and I know it'll be hard to find a recommendation for this but...

I'll need help selecting an Anime that's VERY VERY colorful my retinas would burn. Any genre is okay, Mecha less recommended.
Only condition is it must not include as many fanservices as an Anime like HenNeko and Noucome would include (dropped the latter, regret completing the former). This means it can not be ecchi too. G recommended, and PG would be better (PG-13 is okay but condition applies). Beyond is not accepted (not even ampzz will accept it).
Do you want Aikatsu!? because it seems like you are requesting Aikatsu!
Heartcatch Precure
Dog Days maybe.... not
Acchi Kocchi
Shugo Chara
Rizumu Tenshi
Rewriting post because Smart Link hanged

Green Platinum wrote:

Baka Tenshi wrote:

Do you want Aikatsu!? because it seems like you are requesting Aikatsu!
Heartcatch Precure
Dog Days maybe.... not
Acchi Kocchi
Shugo Chara
A friend recommended Aikatsu! but its length...
A Precure after all xD
Near-dropped Dog Days, restarting it
Did you read my Acchi Kocchi review? :P (see my userpage for this--I didn't expect Acchi Kocchi to be a suggestion)
Shugo Chara...one of my gf's sisters has a real-life folder dedicated to this Anime. I didn't expect this in Egypt xD

Starting with Heartcatch Precure! because 49 episodes of PG epicness. Added Shugo Chara! and Aikatsu! (for real this time) too. gj TV Tokyo, a channel dedicated to people of such tastes like me xD I love you
Rauf543
So Genre something like

Supernatural, Fantasy and IDK

things I have enjoyed

Strike the blood
The Blade dance of the elementalists
Highschool DXD

and many More I cant remember

and no game no lfie

Oh and Something preferebly new pls

Thnx
Green Platinum

Rauf543 wrote:

So Genre something like

Supernatural, Fantasy and IDK

things I have enjoyed

Strike the blood
The Blade dance of the elementalists
Highschool DXD

and many More I cant remember

and no game no lfie

Oh and Something preferebly new pls

Thnx
Why are you asking for anime when there are like 4 of those generic harem shounens airing this season?
Popolittz
So I'm coming off of crying after Mirai Nikki's ending. I would like something along the lines of that and other examples might be (Guilty Crown, Zetsuen No Tempest, BTOOOMM!!!) I love gore, action with romance involved. I love that combination. Doesn't necessarily need gore. Just at the least action and romance.

EDIT: It would be preferable if it was canon, I hate it when the writers puts around the fact that the two love eachother. Passionate outspoken love it good, I may be a guy but I got my soft spots.
kutora
Have a feeling a lot of people have heard of these buttt
If you're looking for a pile of feels
- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
- Clannad (After Story)
- Shuffle! (Similar to Clannad in that it's supposed to be a harem, but not really)
More Recently Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso I think is really good. Made me feel really sad watching it... maybe it's just cause I don't have real friends haha.
Also the Steins;Gate Movie came out subbed not too long ago if I remember correctly. It's really good and concludes the series.
Tokyo Ravens is not too recent but it's surprisingly really good, kind of obscure and not too many feels but they're in there somewhere.

Also looking for suggestions for more "feely" anime hehe
Popolittz
Do those contain Harems? I really don't like animes such as that, I mean I deal with it but it frustrates me.
Green Platinum

Popolittz wrote:

Do those contain Harems? I really don't like animes such as that, I mean I deal with it but it frustrates me.
No they don't. Shuffle is pretty bad but nothing worse than what you included in your original request.
Chihara Minori
Umm, i 'm out of SoL animes.
I need some SoL Genres Anime suggestion
well, maybe there's some SoL suggestion before. I just have no time for read each post.
Can someone re-tell me (if it does)
pandaBee

eclipselotus wrote:

I need some SoL Genres Anime suggestion
There are a few recent ones that are pretty good:
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?
Non Non Biyori

If you want something that isn't so recent:
Aria
Haibane Renmei
Chihara Minori
I know that someone will notice me this animes:
-Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?
-Non Non Biyori
-Aria
Both are great SoL anime, and thats why i watch it already ^^
(Sorry for not give spesific reason because i'm afraid that i may give spoilers)
and of course i would like to see this one:
-Haibane Renmei (my friend also already reccomend this one, i just always forget to watch it xD)

Any others SoL suggestion? (or maybe Drama genres)
because maybe ill just finish a season/ day (one week holiday)
pandaBee

eclipselotus wrote:

Shigatsu wa kimi no uso
jinrui wa suitai shimashita
Tari Tari
Gj-Bu
Rizumu Tenshi

eclipselotus wrote:

I'm hoping you have watched Acchi Kocchi
If you didn't, up to you. First SoL I obtained permanently, so you can tell how it was great for me, and hopefully for you too~ :)
Keihyan
Does anyone know the ''Phycho-pass'' its really exciting anime. its a story about the police in future . I hope everyone will start to like this anime~~ and my flag shows Im German but Im Japanese so I have some knowlidge about anime so If anyone have question about anime ,please ask me~~~
Chihara Minori

Baka Tenshi wrote:

I'm hoping you have watched Acchi Kocchi
Of course i did. Because its Pony Canyon, Sentai Filmworks and TBS works on it (there more actually). I like they works
Its fun to watch it, they have right proportion on mixing School-Comedy-SoL
Come with light humor, its easy to enjoy it (even if you're not an otaku)
for extra "it's cute" (^,^*)v
zeno61
Gonna be recommending:

For people liking action shounen type anime:
Yumekui Merry
Ixion Saga DT (If you liked Gintama then try this)

RomCom types:
NyanKoi

Well that's it for now :)
[ yogurt ]
Is ToLoveRu super interesting? I thought I could give it a shot since there's new Darkness season in Summer.
Wishs

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Is ToLoveRu super interesting? I thought I could give it a shot since there's new Darkness season in Summer.
I can't say it is super interesting. It's more like an ecchi harem comedy anime with little story that starts to get interesting and really progress in first darkness, which is like 2rd or 3rd season of the serie. But i quite enjoyed it when i liked ecchi animes. You can give it a try and see for yourself.
Navizel

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Skip to Darkness. You don't really need to watch the prequels because nothing really happened that is important. But even in Darkness, they almost removed Lala by giving the others more screentime for the sake of the "story".
Green Platinum

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

You might as well watch like the intro episode for To-love-Ru. From there I'd say jump to Motto! It's short and conveys the style of the first season well and will get you familiar with the characters before jumping into Darkness.
Szymek
Green Platinum

Sp0of wrote:

Does anyone have any school fantasy anime ??? i really enjoy those.
Like what in particular?
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Can anyone suggest me a comedy anime. More specifically, slapstick comedy.

Something with comedic elements that's also present in Nichijou and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.
Green Platinum

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Can anyone suggest me a comedy anime. More specifically, slapstick comedy.

Something with comedic elements that's also present in Nichijou and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.
I found all these pretty funny and entertaining:
Full Metal Panic for Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei
Eyeshield 21
Working!
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Green Platinum wrote:

I found all these pretty funny and entertaining:
Full Metal Panic for Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei
Eyeshield 21
Working!
-I'm currently watching Working!
-I plan to watch the whole Full Metal Panic series sometime soon.
-I've heard about Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei. Would you say the comedy is comparable to, say, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou?
-Eyeshield 21 seems interesting. I might watch it in the future, though I have a bad history when it comes to animes with a lot of episodes.

Also, I forgot to mention, animes that parodies anything is welcomed. :p
Green Platinum

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

-I've heard about Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei. Would you say the comedy is comparable to, say, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou?
The characters and their situations are generally pretty absurd like nichijou but the series often comes back to satire, while Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou was specifically school life Zetsubou-Sensei covers a much broader range of topics.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I see. I'll definitely give that anime a shot. Thank you for the suggestions.
Szymek
Green Platinum
I mean examples of series' you've seen and liked (disliked helps too I guess) Sp0of
Szymek
Green Platinum

Sp0of wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

I mean examples of series' you've seen and liked (disliked helps too I guess) Sp0of
like Kaichow wa maid sama.
I wouldn't put that as a shounen but...

SkipBeat has a similar feel to Kaichou wa maid-sama
Ao no Exorcist
Kampfer
Baka to test to shoukanjuu
The world god only knows
GunterGaming
Does anyone know any good harem romance anime?
Wishs

GunterGaming wrote:

Which anime have you seen already?
[Superstar]_old
I enjoyed Shuffle! and Mashifoni. If you didn't watch them yet, maybe try :3
[ yogurt ]

GunterGaming wrote:

Those exist?
Szymek
show more