forum

[duplicate] PP/score altering sliders for CS, BPM, AR, etc

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Semaphia
At the moment, we're limited to Hard Rock/Easy & Double Time/Half-time. All are great mods, but sometimes there's a song you just really want to play that's a little bit too fast, or the circles are a little bit too small. Turning on Easy is overkill, so you're only left with two choices: don't play the song you want to play, or manually edit the mp3 & map to a lower BPM/CS so you can play your favourite song in a way that's both challenging & fulfilling.

So my idea is simple: add sliders for BPM between the current HT & DT. 0.50x, 0.55x, 0.60x, etc, all the way up to 1.40x, 1.45x, 1.50x. Every 0.05x under 1.00x is a reduction in PP/score, while every 0.05x over is an increase, with the current HT/DT values being the same as they currently are.

For CS, similar. Bigger circles? Less PP/score. Smaller circles? More PP/score.

AR is a bit more difficult, but low AR plays tend to be underweighted as-is, so if we assume 8-10 AR is most peoples comfort zone, why not increase PP/score gains from AR 10.1+ & 7.9- plays?

Upsides
It gives people a chance to play maps they really want to play, but for whatever reason aren't able to.
It also allows people to slow down maps a touch to practice without resorting to editing MP3 files & beatmaps, much like a musician will practice a difficult song slow before building up to speed.

Downsides
Could potentially stop people from playing maps they'd otherwise try out in favour of just playing the same few songs with varying degrees of difficulty.
Might devalue the mod system somewhat. HR/DT are known quantities, but if someone submitted an <Insert map here> 1.15x AR11 CS7 edit play, it just wouldn't be the same.

Alternative idea
If the above rings true, I'd still like a BPM/CS/AR slider system implemented purely as a practice tool, without any PP/scoring being allowed for maps edited outside the HR/EZ DT/HT norm.

I did a search to see if anything similar has been suggested recently but couldn't find anything, but there's a chance my search terms just didn't pick them up. If that's the case & this is a duplicate request, then I apologise wholeheartedly.

Thanks.
abraker