forum

problem with my streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
T-Scarlet
before i bought a tablet, i was able to stream chipscape's whatever but now i can't even stream 200bpm for 2 seconds.
i'm a lefty but use my tablet pen with my right hand which i thought it would give me an advantage on everything(except spinners) because i can stream with the cursor following better than mouse(shit my english). but idk.. when streaming, my hands just suddenly stop which results me in failing maps :cry:

anyways, what i want to ask is how to maintain your streamings for long time or at least how to stream faster.
i can't practice that much because of studying(i was supposed to go to school today but i'm sick lolol).
or should i get a mechanical keyboard or something?? i heard it helps a lot

edit: i should have made this a bit clearer. i know there isnt any magical spellls for streaming like a pro. all i want to know is "is there any faster way?" because as i said above, i dont have time to practice alot. i have a 32kg handgrip(dont know how its called in english) but it doesnt really seem to help me except at stamina
darkmiz
Topic Starter
T-Scarlet
lol 1st method
kriers
Find a techique that's comfortable to you and start slow (120-140 bpm) and build a technique you're confident with. Once you have the basics of this technique, you can push yourself with faster bpm. Following this route can take a lot of time, but you will experience better accuracy and at the stage when you can play 200 bpm comfortably, you'll be able to hit the longer streams too, not just random spam \o/
Topic Starter
T-Scarlet
i can already stream http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17972 this with not much trouble so i guess it'll take shorter lol
Liut
really ... no problem here , you are just using the pen with the wrong hand .
Or are you able to write both with your right and with your left hand ?
Topic Starter
T-Scarlet
well.. i'm both handed for special cases. for sports, i use right hand mainly(as long as it doesnt have anything to do with throwing) and when writing, i use my left. but since osu is just cursor-moving, i just used my right hand for it. besides, even if i used my left hand for holding pen, my right hand would stream only upto 160bpm and will not maintain its speed.
Liut

T-Scarlet wrote:

well.. i'm both handed for special cases. for sports, i use right hand mainly(as long as it doesnt have anything to do with throwing) and when writing, i use my left. but since osu is just cursor-moving, i just used my right hand for it. besides, even if i used my left hand for holding pen, my right hand would stream only upto 160bpm and will not maintain its speed.
Most of the players are using their main hand to hold the pen so i suggest you to do the same :lol:
The other hand will get faster with more and more practice.
But , well you are free to do what ya want
Topic Starter
T-Scarlet
thanks :) but i'll just stick with using my right for pen because i don't have much time to practice for my left hand and the way i grab a pen with my left hand is uncomfortable for playing osu T_T
kriers
I'm not sure if I should be jealous or feel sorry for ambidextrous people haha
-Athena-

kriers wrote:

I use both hands to play mouse-only, am I baus? (yea left hand hold, right hand spam stream for stable stuff, I'm trying to stop doing it orz)

btw on topic there really doesn't exist a miracle stream technique or something, already a thread about this anyway, you'll need to keep practicing.
tolliken

T-Scarlet wrote:

thanks :) but i'll just stick with using my right for pen because i don't have much time to practice for my left hand and the way i grab a pen with my left hand is uncomfortable for playing osu T_T
Hi! I think, you shouldn't worry about it.

I'm left-handed, but i hold the pen with my right hand. As you, yes. ;) ( But for another reason - my right hand's fingers are slow as a sh*t, can't stream anything higher than 160bpm)

It took about a month to get confident about pen's movements, or even more. ( kinda confident, ofc, there's still a room for improvement)

So, take it easy, you will be better with time
Topic Starter
T-Scarlet
@kriers - i guess.. both? lol

@-Athena- - maybe i need to quit doing touhou series for a while because i take 50%of my playing time in touhou, 10% in minecraft, and the rest in osu which might not be enough time for practicing

edit: @tolliken - wow just in a month..... it took me 3 months and i can't even spin over 300 that often. (i suck at jumps too..)
tolliken

T-Scarlet wrote:

i can't even spin over 300 that often.
Me too :? Spinning is a really big issue for this playstyle.
I guess, this playstyle isn't very hard for me, because i use my left hand only for writing and...that's all.
eat, cut, fap and many other things - here a work for my right hand.
And, when I was training in boxing, my right hand was main
Maybe here is my little pony secret
JAKACHAN

-Athena- wrote:

kriers wrote:

I use both hands to play mouse-only, am I baus? (yea left hand hold, right hand spam stream for stable stuff, I'm trying to stop doing it orz)

btw on topic there really doesn't exist a miracle stream technique or something, already a thread about this anyway, you'll need to keep practicing.
TTTL has done that it doesn't work to badly when you get used to it.
Nyu_old2
Streaming + tablet is hard to learn at first. I remember also having trouble doing that. It comes with time, just keep practicing. There's no way to suddenly have all your problems fixed and instantly stream like a pro in 1 day :P
Topic Starter
T-Scarlet
then... is there a short way? i dont have much time to practice except on weekends
Topic Starter
T-Scarlet
nvm... i figured out how to do it and it only took me 5mins to do.