forum

osu! Windows 60 fps animated cursors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Just put together a few animated cursors (rotating at 60 fps) for Windows using the old osu! cursor image and some imagemagick wizardry :v

Easier said than done to post screenshots :P, but here's the base image:

And what you get:

(Recommended to use _slow for normal cursor, _hand for 'pointer'/link/hand cursor, _busy for background busy cursor)

The final cursor is 32x32px due to Windows limitations (roughly half of the cursor size in osu)

Download: http://shit.weeaboo.com/osu_cursors.zip
Randy96
Definitely does have some novelty, I'll give it that lol
Nyu_old2
Haha definitely using that on my laptop now.
Mithos
Using it. It is surprisingly smooth. Most novelty cursors I get are choppy, but 60 fps is awesome.

Great job!
Papi Bear
Yay!
Sakisan
Thank you. I've been looking for something like this. :D
laport
No thanks. I have not been looking for this.
ziin
Perhaps. I may or may not have been looking for this.
Amefuri Koneko
Nice! Gonna use it, thank you :3
Zerostarry
This is cute, i'll use it <3
Pereira006
that nice
Derekku
I've been looking for a new cursor, and this one is small/cute enough; awesome! :)
Mithos
Im surprised this works for average use on the computer. Perhaps you can create a mouse set that turns the spinning aero sphere on loading times into the osu cursor, so the normal cursor still looks the same?
Espionage724

laport wrote:

...I have not been looking for this.
Neither of I. Can't say I even thought about this being done ever. Still pretty awesome though, and I'm using these cursors now :p

This may be the first time I actually changed my cursor on Windows 7 now that I think about it
boat
Feels really odd to use this, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Its cute, I like it.
T-Scarlet
OMG thanks!
nanashiRei
Can you tell me how you got imagemagick to create the cursor? Like pasting the commandline to pastebin.com or something ^^ i would love to have my own cursor :D (i can post it back here if anyone wants it)
XPJ38
This is pretty neat :)
Fixumi
Great :)
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

nanashiRei wrote:

Can you tell me how you got imagemagick to create the cursor? Like pasting the commandline to pastebin.com or something ^^ i would love to have my own cursor :D (i can post it back here if anyone wants it)
Very late reply but for anyone interested I guess...

Autohotkey to generate rotated frames: (150 w/ multiplier = slow mode, 89 and no multiplier = fast)
Loop, 150
{
rotation := (a_index-1) *0.59602649
Runwait C:\imagemagick\convert.exe -virtual-pixel transparent -distort SRT %rotation% -background transparent cursor.png pointer/pointer%a_index%.png
}

Autohotkey to convert frame files to spritesheet
derp := ""
Loop, 150
{
derp=%derp% pointer/pointer%a_index%.png
}

Runwait C:\imagemagick\montage.exe %derp% -geometry +1+1 -background transparent -tile x2 point_animated.png

Then I simply loaded the spritesheet into Axialis CursorWorkshop and cast some spells to produce the final .ani
show more