forum

osu! Windows 60 fps animated cursors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Just put together a few animated cursors (rotating at 60 fps) for Windows using the old osu! cursor image and some imagemagick wizardry :v

Easier said than done to post screenshots :P, but here's the base image:

And what you get:

(Recommended to use _slow for normal cursor, _hand for 'pointer'/link/hand cursor, _busy for background busy cursor)

The final cursor is 32x32px due to Windows limitations (roughly half of the cursor size in osu)

Download: http://shit.weeaboo.com/osu_cursors.zip
Randy96
Definitely does have some novelty, I'll give it that lol
Nyu_old2
Haha definitely using that on my laptop now.
Mithos
Using it. It is surprisingly smooth. Most novelty cursors I get are choppy, but 60 fps is awesome.

Great job!
Papi Bear
Yay!
Sakisan
Thank you. I've been looking for something like this. :D
laport
No thanks. I have not been looking for this.
ziin
Perhaps. I may or may not have been looking for this.
Amefuri Koneko
Nice! Gonna use it, thank you :3
Zerostarry
This is cute, i'll use it <3
Pereira006
that nice
Derekku
I've been looking for a new cursor, and this one is small/cute enough; awesome! :)
Mithos
Im surprised this works for average use on the computer. Perhaps you can create a mouse set that turns the spinning aero sphere on loading times into the osu cursor, so the normal cursor still looks the same?
Espionage724

laport wrote:

...I have not been looking for this.
Neither of I. Can't say I even thought about this being done ever. Still pretty awesome though, and I'm using these cursors now :p

This may be the first time I actually changed my cursor on Windows 7 now that I think about it
boat
Feels really odd to use this, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Its cute, I like it.
T-Scarlet
OMG thanks!
nanashiRei
Can you tell me how you got imagemagick to create the cursor? Like pasting the commandline to pastebin.com or something ^^ i would love to have my own cursor :D (i can post it back here if anyone wants it)
XPJ38
This is pretty neat :)
Fixumi
Great :)
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

nanashiRei wrote:

Can you tell me how you got imagemagick to create the cursor? Like pasting the commandline to pastebin.com or something ^^ i would love to have my own cursor :D (i can post it back here if anyone wants it)
Very late reply but for anyone interested I guess...

Autohotkey to generate rotated frames: (150 w/ multiplier = slow mode, 89 and no multiplier = fast)
Loop, 150
{
rotation := (a_index-1) *0.59602649
Runwait C:\imagemagick\convert.exe -virtual-pixel transparent -distort SRT %rotation% -background transparent cursor.png pointer/pointer%a_index%.png
}

Autohotkey to convert frame files to spritesheet
derp := ""
Loop, 150
{
derp=%derp% pointer/pointer%a_index%.png
}

Runwait C:\imagemagick\montage.exe %derp% -geometry +1+1 -background transparent -tile x2 point_animated.png

Then I simply loaded the spritesheet into Axialis CursorWorkshop and cast some spells to produce the final .ani
Axelblazer88
Hi! Is there any updated version of the cursor such as the one used in OSU!,If there is could you please share the link?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DarkAngel88 wrote:

Hi! Is there any updated version of the cursor such as the one used in OSU!,If there is could you please share the link?
I'm not interested in doing the new osu! cursor, as it doesn't converge on a single pixel and so is useless for Windows desktop use.
eldnl

Darkimmortal wrote:

DarkAngel88 wrote:

I'm not interested in doing the new osu! cursor, as it doesn't converge on a single pixel and so is useless for Windows desktop use.
comeon
Ritz_old
woah.. nice :)
Angelo
I maked the same but in blue if someone is interested :P :

Download link :arrow: http://puu.sh/4CM1Z.rar or https://mega.co.nz/#!IgcQ1IhA!TLTkexc5l ... sxuUkpeL2o
scottyyy
These cursors suddenly started feeling laggy/sluggish in Windows. Any ideas what's up with that? Is it possible to remove the animation from it?
- L A U R A -

CrafterOfSunDAY wrote:

I maked the same but in blue if someone is interested :P :

Download link :arrow: http://puu.sh/4CM1Z.rar or https://mega.co.nz/#!IgcQ1IhA!TLTkexc5l ... sxuUkpeL2o
Blue looks so nice^^
[TIM]
Nice!
petterroea
I cant download it because your server is down. Could you mail it to me? I can host a mirrior, if you need somewhere to put it while you wait to get your new server up.
Tekklorn
Oh... My..... God.....

This is amazing, ty ty ty
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

petterroea wrote:

I cant download it because your server is down. Could you mail it to me? I can host a mirrior, if you need somewhere to put it while you wait to get your new server up.
fixed
QuadPiece
This cursor is strangely addicting...
Kuchibiiru
Sorry for the 17 day gravedig
I'm going to use this because I have no idea why but it looks so cool
Yellowpalmtree
I like it its really cute :D
Momonim
nice indeed :P
Nik0
>Finds out how to add cursors on XP just for this
>Ends up making my own cursors and using those

aaaaa
Yuunee
This is actually very nice and cute :3 I might use it :D
R a

Nyu_old2 wrote:

Haha definitely using that on my laptop now.
:3
show more