forum

Turn the language specific forum "Svenska" into "Skandinavia [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
theowest
Because Norway and Denmark wants to join.

and we need a bit more active users around too. I've tried my best to increase the popularity of the forum and I have succeeded. But it's far from enough. We need Norway and Denmark. ;v; They would also like a place to express themselves.

Swedish, Norwegian and Danish aren't too far apart language wise.
maal
pls

It would make us way happier, and more satisfied.

+1 Support.
Mara
nej helvete

support
CXu
Hi
kriers
Hej support
Derekku
Language forums are normally written in the native language, but for a grouping I'm not sure what to name it... I guess "Scandinavian" with "Danish/Norwegian/Swedish" as the description.

Also, I'm a bit confused about Scandinavian vs. Skandinavian.
thelewa

Derekku wrote:

Language forums are normally written in the native language, but for a grouping I'm not sure what to name it... I guess "Scandinavian" with "Danish/Norwegian/Swedish" as the description.

Also, I'm a bit confused about Scandinavian vs. Skandinavian.
Scandinavian is the English way to write it and Skandinavian is the Nordic way to write it.

So it should be called Skandinavian.

edit: scratch that I'm way too tired to think logically
Topic Starter
theowest
then why is it called #skandinavian as a channel?

It doesn't really matter to me or anyone else in the region what way it's called. But I'm guessing you'll have to go with Scandinavian.

but since it's always native in language for names, shouldn't it be "Skandinavien"? Only Norweigian say it differently; "Skandinavia".

Skandinavian it is then?
maal
I think you should go with "Skandinavien" since 2 out 3 countries, which are in Scandinavia, call it Skandinavian.
Derekku
Skandinavien it is; done!
Topic Starter
theowest
wooo \:D/
Mercurial
Somebody move this to "Complete Request"