forum

Database growing larger... [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Due partly to the number of people playing over the weekend, and partly to the total number of plays recorded in the database, we experienced a few downtimes. In order to combat this, I will be starting to restructure things, but in the mean-time I have made a decision to turn off accuracy calculations for the time being (this has since been resolved). This means that you accuracy will not update in-game or in your profile. Once things are restored, your accuracy will be updated to the correct value.

ijou desu
Spudman
Well yeah, 8.1 million ranked plays alone will do that to a server. xD

Anyways, at least I can play some songs and feel special for not killing my accuracy rating for the time being.
Topic Starter
peppy
MySQL really has a fine line when it comes to getting decent performance on a demanding system. I do have half a mind to migrate to PostgreSQL, but I'll probably save that for another day (since it will require a fair amount more work).

Keep in mind that songs you play during this period in time will affect your accuracy once calculations are enabled again.
Spudman
Well, it's just a project to plan for until it's a necessity to switch.

Yeah yeah, I know :( Oh well, I don't suck THAT bad to make my accuracy fall another past 2% at the most.
ThePassingShadow
A clever solution to combat downtimes.

Sometimes I wonder if there is anything peppy can't do.
foulcoon

ThePassingShadow wrote:

fly.
RemmyX25

ThePassingShadow wrote:

Jeffro wrote:

peppy wrote:

Butanero wrote:

But peppy can code anything, so who knows.
Starrodkirby86
That's all right, since it'll still count back in the end. Get the database to grow finely, peppy! :)

quote="RemmyX25"

Jeffro wrote:

peppy wrote:

Butanero wrote:

But peppy can code anything, so who knows.
/quote
eee
when the downtime is over. . .
will the accuracy be counted as of how it originally was before the downtime or calculate those obtained and lost during the downtime
ThePassingShadow

eee wrote:

when the downtime is over. . .
will the accuracy be counted as of how it originally was before the downtime or calculate those obtained and lost during the downtime
It will calculate those obtained and lost.
Larto

foulcoon wrote:

ThePassingShadow wrote:

fly.

Changelog wrote:

2011-04-27
(+) Added osu! plane to osu!direct features.
;P
Randomosity_old
Haha no wonder. I thought my scores were too close to my average to effect it or something. ;O
Topic Starter
peppy
Accuracy calculations are back in place now. I made some relatively large changes which should keep us going for some time to come. I really do need to take osu! down for about 10 hours to do some vital restructuring, but I'll put this off until I can figure out when to do it :P.
Starrodkirby86
Love you lots peppy, making the world happier. :)

Looks like I only lost 0.03%...not that bad...I sucked on one song anyway. XD

You should do it when everyone's asleep/offline or something (wink wink).

Though I wonder why I can't see my Total number of hits. D: Is that disabled too? o.o
awp

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

You should do it when everyone's asleep/offline or something (wink wink).
Impossible, given osu!'s diverse geographical player-base. Someone is always online.

The question is which part of the world to hate on~
RemmyX25
Have fun, eastern side of the globe! not including australia
Echo
9-ish my time (5-ish Perth time?) is usually devoid of chat.