forum

Princess Boo Skin V2

posted
Total Posts
18
Topic Starter
inori_somakuun
I make new skin, Princess Boo. Check it out




RockRoller
Please add screenshots to your post, no pics no clicks.
Topic Starter
inori_somakuun

RockRoller wrote:

Please add screenshots to your post, no pics no clicks.
Apologies, I'll add pictures, I assumed a video of the skin would do. I assumed wrong.
CRikhard
uhh that's booette

pretty sure that circle is stolen from somewhere

despite that, i love it
Topic Starter
inori_somakuun

CRikhard wrote:

uhh that's booette

pretty sure that circle is stolen from somewhere

despite that, i love it
That's Princess King Boo

The circle isn't stolen

Thank you for loving it <3
M4XBL0N3S
I think in my opinion it's a good skin it's a little bit inappropriate, but btw good job
RockRoller
So I took a look at this skin and here are a few of the things I noticed. I could probably list a lot more things, but this should do for the beginning. (just don't wanna waste my time on this feedback if this just is a cheap meme skin that wouldn't get any support from its creator. If I see that you do work on this I will get back to this.)
some of the glows of the -over elements look cut off, like this one on random
The diagonal lines of the button-left/right look jagged af
the animation on menu-back looks kinda bad imo
you may wanna use the activa and inactive text ini commands, the black text on the menu-button-background is quite unreadable
the booette n the top makes it hard to read the song information
why default hitsounds? they are terrible
this mirrored image looks terrible. maybe do smt similar to the pause screen. Also, arrow.pause is not skinned.
Why is the gear for selection.options not filles but all other parts are? rn it just looks like the filling failed misserably.
The combo counter is so small that you could just leave it out imo. It may just be me, but I cant read it while playing.
This may also just be me, but I can't distinguish between hit-50 and 100 during intense gameplay.
too me it looks like pause-continue would be darker than the other 2 buttons.
the skip button interfers with the inputoverlay
the outline on your ranking letters is jagged af aswell
Topic Starter
inori_somakuun

RockRoller wrote:

So I took a look at this skin and here are a few of the things I noticed. I could probably list a lot more things, but this should do for the beginning. (just don't wanna waste my time on this feedback if this just is a cheap meme skin that wouldn't get any support from its creator. If I see that you do work on this I will get back to this.)
some of the glows of the -over elements look cut off, like this one on random
The diagonal lines of the button-left/right look jagged af
the animation on menu-back looks kinda bad imo
you may wanna use the activa and inactive text ini commands, the black text on the menu-button-background is quite unreadable
the booette n the top makes it hard to read the song information
why default hitsounds? they are terrible
this mirrored image looks terrible. maybe do smt similar to the pause screen. Also, arrow.pause is not skinned.
Why is the gear for selection.options not filles but all other parts are? rn it just looks like the filling failed misserably.
The combo counter is so small that you could just leave it out imo. It may just be me, but I cant read it while playing.
This may also just be me, but I can't distinguish between hit-50 and 100 during intense gameplay.
too me it looks like pause-continue would be darker than the other 2 buttons.
the skip button interfers with the inputoverlay
the outline on your ranking letters is jagged af aswell
Thanks for the feedback, I will look to fix the random and options over to make it look nicer.
I kinda like the way the button left looks.
I was thinking of redoing the back button into something better, I will work on that.
I'll look into adding the text commands and also about osusmall I'll figure something out to improving text clarity.
For the hit sounds, I like default sounds, if people feel otherwise, they are more than welcome to add their own.
Regarding arrow pause, I completely forgot that was a thing, I just use my mouse cursor.
I feel the combo counter is fine. I will probably revisit the 50 and 100 hits to make them more clear when playing.
Thank you! <3
RockRoller

inori_somakuun wrote:

I kinda like the way the button left looks.
I'm not talking about the overall design, I'm just talking about the jagged diagonal parts.
lulku
;owo;
cool<3
Topic Starter
inori_somakuun

RockRoller wrote:

inori_somakuun wrote:

I kinda like the way the button left looks.
I'm not talking about the overall design, I'm just talking about the jagged diagonal parts.
I’ll take a look at it.
Shoy
Gonna try it tonight and give a feedback.

From what I can see, I'm afraid those 2 circles for a single hit makes the reading harder, especially in HD when single hits are stacked.

Overall it looks quite good. Maybe a little too much Booette on the map select screen tho.
_______

Edit : Alright, I gave a try.

To be honest, HD reading is easier than I thought about stacks (still harder than skins I'm used to normally tho).

Dislikes :
- I changed instantly hitsounds (for Seouless' skins ones). I like to have loud hitsounds, yours are just way too discreet for me.
- I would have removed those stars popping from both sides when it comes to combos (just preference tho).
- Spinners are hard to notice when they pop actually. The star in the middle should be more visible.
- As someone else said, remove the Booette in the top-left in map select screen.
- The end screen is a little bit hard to read (just an exemple : https://zupimages.net/up/18/41/cs9e.jpg). Moreover the Booette from the "Back" icon goes above Max Combo actually.
- The point in the middle of cursor... Just... why ? :p (really minor change here, but since the point is in the cursor pic' and not in a cursormiddle one, the player will have to replace the whole cursor to remove it actually).

Likes:

- Booette.
- More seriously, 100's, 50's, and misses are quite discreet, but still noticeable.
- Lifebar is pretty simple, but does its job well.
- The tab (icons) and ranks (SS, S, A, ...) is cool and fits well.
- Except that Booette in the top-left, I like the map select interface actually.
- The right bar on replays is clearly visible (preference once again).

I can't say I would use this skin at the moment.
It's pretty and fun but doesn't do totally its job when it comes to gameplay.
It's easy to say I know, but you may give a shot about the readibility and hitsounds first.
Aesthetic points are minor changes and can come after.

Keep up the good work. ;)
Topic Starter
inori_somakuun

Shoy wrote:

Gonna try it tonight and give a feedback.

From what I can see, I'm afraid those 2 circles for a single hit makes the reading harder, especially in HD when single hits are stacked.

Overall it looks quite good. Maybe a little too much Booette on the map select screen tho.
_______

Edit : Alright, I gave a try.

To be honest, HD reading is easier than I thought about stacks (still harder than skins I'm used to normally tho).

Dislikes :
- I changed instantly hitsounds (for Seouless' skins ones). I like to have loud hitsounds, yours are just way too discreet for me.
- I would have removed those stars popping from both sides when it comes to combos (just preference tho).
- Spinners are hard to notice when they pop actually. The star in the middle should be more visible.
- As someone else said, remove the Booette in the top-left in map select screen.
- The end screen is a little bit hard to read (just an exemple : https://zupimages.net/up/18/41/cs9e.jpg). Moreover the Booette from the "Back" icon goes above Max Combo actually.
- The point in the middle of cursor... Just... why ? :p (really minor change here, but since the point is in the cursor pic' and not in a cursormiddle one, the player will have to replace the whole cursor to remove it actually).

Likes:

- Booette.
- More seriously, 100's, 50's, and misses are quite discreet, but still noticeable.
- Lifebar is pretty simple, but does its job well.
- The tab (icons) and ranks (SS, S, A, ...) is cool and fits well.
- Except that Booette in the top-left, I like the map select interface actually.
- The right bar on replays is clearly visible (preference once again).

I can't say I would use this skin at the moment.
It's pretty and fun but doesn't do totally its job when it comes to gameplay.
It's easy to say I know, but you may give a shot about the readibility and hitsounds first.
Aesthetic points are minor changes and can come after.

Keep up the good work. ;)
Thank you! I’m definitely trying to fix things around the skin to make it better. Just have to find the time to implement changes.
Rabbit2811
Personally, I think we should fix the sound of the skin :/
CrazyGalaxyy
nice skin! but can you update skin? because theres not a hit sound xd but i think with hit sound will be better ;D
Topic Starter
inori_somakuun

CrazyGalaxyy wrote:

nice skin! but can you update skin? because theres not a hit sound xd but i think with hit sound will be better ;D
What exactly you mean by no hit sound? From what I've noticed after many uses of the skin, sounds are fine, but I could be missing something.
Sasamonica
Thank's Skin
I like Skin u, Princess king Boo ^^
Topic Starter
inori_somakuun

Sasamonica wrote:

Thank's Skin
I like Skin u, Princess king Boo ^^
thank you for liking the skin *^*!
Please sign in to reply.

New reply