forum

pp: new ranking system

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
Please re-read the clarifications. I think you'll find that TAG4 will have no effect.
Aqo
Isn't the system flawed if Cookiezi is #1? He hasn't played for three weeks already and said he's quitting.
[Luanny]
I think his ??? will decrease with time
Aqo
Well I'm kinda saying this because it's been three weeks already. If it was only a few days then obviously there would be no effect, but other top players still play regularly and it's quite a while now... more time it is then.
-Athena-
I was just joking there XD
But in all seriousness he deserves his #1 right now, he'll probably lose it soon though
[Luanny]

-A t H e N a- wrote:

I was just joking there XD
But in all seriousness he deserves his #1 right now, he'll probably lose it soon though
+1
He still have 984876987798699868761777 top ranks in IMPOSSIBLE stuff
As I can see, doesn't matter how much time he stopped playing, he still have many points to consider
The time will change it and put everyone on their correct place
Remilia--_old

peppy wrote:

Please re-read the clarifications. I think you'll find that TAG4 will have no effect.
yessssssssssssss now I don't have to waste my time on that & be idle again :>

No but in all seriousness, I'm glad those diff's aren't a problem
RaneFire
Degradation of skill over time is not a matter of weeks, you play too much. If 2-3 months go by then it's valid, degredation starts. People claim they have taken month long breaks and return even better, so there's no validity there.

EDIT: no reference to play count pls, it's invalid with spunout and offline play.
dNextGen

Emaal wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

definitely need to spam DT on most Hard/Insane maps more

???: 5,246 (#447)

???: 4,640 (#1,978)

shut the fuck up dng
lol ,why so nuub emaal

anyway this new ranking stuff is cool so no more chance for score-whorer to get into the top ranks \:D/
Tom69_old

ShadowSoul wrote:

\:D/
Why is your rank so high. D:
You and your millions of #1s. :/

To be honest, I think I should be higher IF this
favours skill, cannot be farmed (trust me).
is actually going to be enforced.
See the february chart. Note that about 500 of my plays were to get the last 2-3 million points though.

I'm probably just playing too many non-approved and non-ranked maps though. Them being a lot harder than the "official" stuff makes lots of them so much more appealing in my opinion. D:
xsrsbsns
ITT we flaunt

no really

peppy wrote:

Keep in mind even if you are a skilled player, you will still need to play the game to have a high rank.
-Athena-

xsrsbsns wrote:

ITT we flaunt

no really

peppy wrote:

Keep in mind even if you are a skilled player, you will still need to play the game to have a high rank.
Lol hahaha so true
No offense there Tom <3
Wishy

CXu wrote:

So how many times did said pro players play 140bpm maps with DT? I'm not saying that particular map he did in 1 or 2 plays, I'm talking about the progress of getting to that point of skillevel. It's probably a whole amount more than the amount of plays that went into an FL score.

I'm just saying that if a player can FC a 140bpm map with DT in a few tries, it's "essentially" the same as a player that can FC a map with FL in a few times, because they're both a skill aquired after a certain amount of grinding.

Well, that's how I see it anyway.
You develop your skills by playing mods that make the map harder. When you are pro you can go DT maps without having to play them 300 times to FC them. Now, Mesita theoretically by what he says has something like 10.000 FL plays or something like that, I still don't see him 3 min long FL scores in a few plays (5 tops), get the point?
Tom69_old

-A t H e N a- wrote:

peppy wrote:

Lol hahaha so true
No offense there Tom <3
Did you even check my profile? Getting several top6 Ranks in Insanes (or hardest diff of the map respectively) per day should be enough to be "playing the game", shouldn't it? Well..
I just didn't do this for a lot of months like most players higher up in the ranking.

No offense you two. <3 .........

Also it's a matter of fact that even though the system puts players in the proper skill cathegories it still doesn't sort by capability that well.
xsrsbsns
That's why, it's an automated system.

You still need to "farm" them, except now the plays have to be decent.
Drafura
Is accuarcy involved in CtB ? I have something like 100 D FC........ I'm worry about that you know peppy ? xD
-Athena-
Perhaps you just aren't playing enough for it to count Tom, I know the people in the top 100 play a whole damn lot, and I don't mean farming, you just dot play as much as the average
Besides, keep calm and consider for a moment that you made it Ito the top 100 of a fairly accurate ranking system, and your play count is among the lowest in the top 100, holy shit man that proves that you're good enough
thelewa
He'll get to the top 50 in less than a month
ReVeNg3r
Tom i think, you cannot expect from system to rank you high if you play unrankable maps..
[Luanny]
/me turns HD or HR on

RANK IN EVERY MAP!
Alice S
So how can I see the ??? ranking for a certain country, like I saw in an earlier post?
GladiOol
I am almost top 100. Big big yeah!!!

then I can finally return to my old playing habit > 250 plays a month~
YodaSnipe

GladiOol wrote:

I am almost top 100. Big big yeah!!!

then I can finally return to my old playing habit > 250 plays a month~
It's teh gladi way.
Laharl

Something's wrong here. My rank should be 5-digit.
OnosakiHito
The informations about the ??? ranking on the main site of it seams legit.
Now we can imagine more how this system is working. I will take it for now how it is and wait for further changes.
thelewa
The top 50 is pretty accurate except for the fact that I'm way too up. Like, 100 ranks too high.
Topic Starter
kriers

ragelewa wrote:

The top 50 is pretty accurate except for the fact that I'm way too up. Like, 100 ranks too high.
well it seems that this system puts the most weight on our absolute best scores, which makes sense because you play a lot of incredible hhr that few else can manage and you have insane acc on your best scores.

It makes sense that you're so far up, because you're just wicked at your best
BlazingFX
Dropping 1 ??? point a day ftw <3
[Luanny]
^See you alfter some years
Daru
Just to clarify, does accuracy directly affect ???, or does it affect the earning of ??? because high accuracy is needed to get the highest scores on maps?

From what I'm reading, people seem to be assuming that getting low accuracy on, for example, WiW will negatively impact ???.

Also it's weird calling it "???". Can we call it "Peppy Points" or something that doesn't involve using punctuation marks as nouns?
Drafura

Daru wrote:

Just to clarify, does accuracy directly affect ???, or does it affect the earning of ??? because high accuracy is needed to get the highest scores on maps?
And we don't need good acc to take the highest score in CtB, please don't use acc for the CtB score calculation (I won't FC again all my troll ranks :( some of them are kinda hard).
RaneFire
Just call it performance rating, since it's based on results. I think using the word skill it just slightly inappropriate, considering the way it works.
cacipan
Please add to the Tab of the Extended Chat Console Rank2
E14
i just saw my points are added only 1 pt ( last saw was 2699, and then 2700) and there's a rank...

i hope peppy will reveal what is that "???" is all about. :D
peppy
how does "pp" sound as a term? "performance points" or "peppy points" as you will :p.
Sander-Don
Pretty neat, boss.
ychao
Sounds good!

Funny how 'pp' also sounds so close to 'peppy'/'pippi'. :)
PROGUY
I like "Performance Points" better, and PP in short would suit it well (for displaying it in-game or in rankings). So yeah, go for it. :)
Aqo
Peppy points sounds nice :D although "PP" will eternally sound like the abbreviation of Penguin Plug in this context (an old ladder program). The system looks really good at the moment, I'd like to see what it does.
Topic Starter
kriers

Aqo wrote:

Peppy points sounds nice :D although "PP" will eternally sound like the abbreviation of Penguin Plug in this context (an old ladder program). The system looks really good at the moment, I'd like to see what it does.
I don't think this game has any problems creating its own terms :P I have never heard of Penguin Plug before, and if I ever see that version of pp, I'll think of performance/peppy points. ;)
show more