forum

Thread Necromancy

posted
Total Posts
show more
lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

ps!dave: "i remember this one time when cornwall was making a corn related joke, and cresswell joined in on it. so, cornwall said 'why do you never tell secrets in a corn maze?' and cresswell replied with 'because the corn has ears.' and cornwall went 'exactly.' before the two started laughing. it was cute, hehe!"
ps!bambi: "so, there was this one time where ambrose said 'you know how ps!expunged really likes skeleton puns?' and haywood went 'yeah. i guess you could say se has a TON of fun with them!' then ps!expunged proceeded to bust out laughing. it was so goofy, lol."
for everyone: dinner? water :>
dave: "we had cheeseburgers for dinner! we made some for the ps!au so they didn't have to worry about making dinner tonight. ^^"
bambi: "mhm. we all had soda."
expunged: "hehe... also,, my hands are really shaky for some reason? uh,,, i mean sometimes they shake but wow why am i so shaky right now"
bandu, making direct eye-contact with ex: "your skeleton is ready to hatch :>"

ps!dave: "we appreciate the haywalls making dinner for us tonight."
ps!bambi: "mhm. ambrose and i had... quite a long day... we've been out all day running errands, so we're both pretty tired, heh."
ps!expunged: "i'm glad ps!bandu's eating again."
ps!bandu: "i feel better now than i did earlier today!!"

also!! with the goofy animatic, i plan on making something short with ex listening to bad romance ft dave, bambi and bandu hehe <33
Achromalia

lostsilver wrote:

dave: "we had cheeseburgers for dinner! we made some for the ps!au so they didn't have to worry about making dinner tonight. ^^"
expunged: "hehe... also,, my hands are really shaky for some reason? uh,,, i mean sometimes they shake but wow why am i so shaky right now"

ps!bambi: "mhm. ambrose and i had... quite a long day... we've been out all day running errands, so we're both pretty tired, heh."

also!! with the goofy animatic, i plan on making something short with ex listening to bad romance ft dave, bambi and bandu hehe <33
yippee congrats ps!bandu ^^ im glad-- pfff bandu what lol

sorry for ex, i get that sometimes, be careful with tremors :c

and the animatic with the fam seems sweet :>
lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

expunged: "yeah... also i agree with you, what bandu--"
bandu: "what?? i heard kandi say it!!"

ps!expunged: "hehe."
ps!bandu: "ty!! and lostie's workin on one if the animatics right now!! hopefully she has it out before she falls asleep lol,, also i bet since i feel really good right now it's all gonna crash and burn in the middle of the night by making my body spasm HAHA--"
sametdze
what do you call bruce wayne when he gets beaten up? bruised wayne.
lostsilver

sametdze wrote:

what do you call bruce wayne when he gets beaten up? bruised wayne.
im stealing this ty

also good night ya'll!! see you tomorrow ^^
Achromalia
goodnight...

in the meanwhile, more browsing
Stomiks
f
Achromalia
inattention!! wonderful <3
Stomiks
f
Achromalia
a quiet night

sure hope nothing happens
sametdze
oh yeah, night time in amerima.
Achromalia
time is zoning for real :c
sametdze
almost night time down here :L
NicNock
what is your personal definition of night? is it when the sun goes below the horizon or just after a specific time? (or maybe some other thing?)
Rhythm32
sametdze

NicNock wrote:

what is your personal definition of night? is it when the sun goes below the horizon or just after a specific time? (or maybe some other thing?)
when the moon is in the sky
reffty_gag
imbackasalways

IM ALWAYS COME (J.S) BACH
Achromalia
welcome back reffty ^^ o/
Stomiks
g
Achromalia
i wouldve preferred to have a more consistently reliable art style... one day i cant draw anything, the next day i start to feel like i shouldve done so much with myself that i feel violated by my own idle hands when i see what i managed to do, even if it isnt very much
sametdze
why on earth is it this weather at this hour?
lostsilver

lostsilver wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

expunged: "yeah... also i agree with you, what bandu--"
bandu: "what?? i heard kandi say it!!"

ps!expunged: "hehe."
ps!bandu: "ty!! and lostie's workin on one if the animatics right now!! hopefully she has it out before she falls asleep lol,, also i bet since i feel really good right now it's all gonna crash and burn in the middle of the night by making my body spasm HAHA--"
good morning guys!!

expunged: "heyoo <3"
bandu: "hihi!!"

ps!expunged: "hello, everyone."
ps!bandu: "hi guys!! and look, i was right about the body spasm thing...!! i woke up violently sick in the middle of the night, which woke up mr. ambrose, who then woke up mr. cresswell and ps!expunged,,, yay.... :')"
GamlA
lostsilver
wow...
2 hours and no posts
i'll help!! :>
Achromalia
mmn... good morning...

lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

mmn... good morning...

awww,,, fluffy birb,,, <33
Achromalia
for dave: what a feature of expunged's origin form that you're curious about? how do you like to spend time together with them when they're in this form?
for expunged: do you remember a moment where dave accidentally experienced a freudian slip while making conversation with you?

qna queue:
ps!expunged: "give me something about ps!bandu."
ps!bandu: "give me something about ps!expunged!!"
lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

for dave: what a feature of expunged's origin form that you're curious about? how do you like to spend time together with them when they're in this form?
for expunged: do you remember a moment where dave accidentally experienced a freudian slip while making conversation with you?

qna queue:
ps!expunged: "give me something about ps!bandu."
ps!bandu: "give me something about ps!expunged!!"
dave: "i'm curious as to why they only have one eye in that form... but other than that, i enjoy cuddling with them and/or playing/running around with them in their origin form."
expunged: "idk if this counts but he once called bandu by bendu's name,,, both of them answered lol"
Achromalia
not the name mix-up,,, x'))

but they do sound so similar!! so its kinda understandable lolll

lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

not the name mix-up,,, x'))

but they do sound so similar!! so its kinda understandable lolll

expunged: "yeah lol,,, also, lostie's working on that goofy animatic right now, so be on the lookout for it!!"

also... i've been thinking about what the ashwood-cornbluff fam and the ambwell-bandello fam's fears would be, and i have them wrote down now, so here they are!

dave: arachnophobia (fear of spiders)
bambi: none/unknown
expunged: hemophobia (fear of blood), autophobia (fear of being alone)
bandu: thanatophobia (fear of death), autophobia (fear of being alone)

ps!dave: none/unknown
ps!bambi: none/unknown
ps!expunged: agateophobia (fear of insanity), slight claustrophobia (fear of small or enclosed spaces)
ps!bandu: trypanophobia (fear of needles/injections), isolophobia (fear of isolation and/or solitude)
Achromalia
...i had another nap

for everyone: lunch & sips & stretch <3

lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

...i had another nap

for everyone: lunch & sips & stretch <3

dave: "we had grilled cheeses for lunch!"
bambi: "dave makes some good grilled cheeses, dude."
expunged: "mr. haywood and mr. cornwall had soda, bandu and i had lemonade ^^"
bandu: "yummy!!"

ps!dave: "we went out for lunch today."
ps!bambi: "yep. we went to wendy's, lol."
ps!expunged: "heh... surprisingly, i ate."
ps!bandu: "we all had soda!!"

also, you don't have to reply but i'm a lil curious as to what you thought of the fears thing!
Achromalia

lostsilver wrote:

also, you don't have to reply but i'm a lil curious as to what you thought of the fears thing!

lostsilver wrote:

ps!expunged: agateophobia (fear of insanity), slight claustrophobia (fear of small or enclosed spaces)
ps!bandu: trypanophobia (fear of needles/injections), isolophobia (fear of isolation and/or solitude)
i feel ok sharing ^^ some of them seem interestinggg...

what i say abt them is more like a headcanon of what could make sense in my heart if i was writing a lil bit abt them, all from how it felt like to be part of something with them over the past few months

im gonna do it piece by piece bc i have a lot of thoughts and love to ramble...
i hope reading it can be enjoyable enough to make it maybe worth it... <3

autophobia:
the ashbluffs being such close siblings for each other and feeling so attached to having someone they can trust and be safe with and share their love with, someone who wont reject them... i feel like some of it can be bigger bc of having such a terrible sad early childhood at the hands of the chaos god parents, where ex feels like the only presence of love they know and understand is that of little baby bandu, and where baby bandu relied a lot on his own older sibling to be his guardian and parent for a little while as his source of love and care and attention...

and when theyre abandoned and find themselves in the human world, they face that sudden extreme trauma of complete alienation from anything and everything except each other... the siblings realize they only have each other, that ultimately the only way to be ok is for them to not be alone bc they dont know who they are on their own at that time or what they can be if theyre alone without each other ;o;

so when the haywalls find them and pick them up, something interesting happens-- maybe it could be that this fear still exists, because although the new dads mean so much and have been so much for them now, the siblings still probably learn that all of this depends on there Being Someone There With Them And For Them... its just that its easier for them to bear, because they now feel like they are part of a loving and "whole" family. but everything from the past still hurts so much, and they dont look like they ever really learned to detach from the dads or each other at all... however, i think they can do a lot of things independently, its just that they might feel like they first have to feel reassured in trusting that everything will be ok, and that nothing will separate their family, and that nobody will be alone, before one of the siblings can move forward in doing something. but just because they can do something on their own... doesnt mean they dont still really really prefer to be with each other and with the dads, so theyre still very attached which can be both to their benefit and detriment :')
sametdze
wowowowooowowowowoowowowow
lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

i feel ok sharing ^^ some of them seem interestinggg...

what i say abt them is more like a headcanon of what could make sense in my heart if i was writing a lil bit abt them, all from how it felt like to be part of something with them over the past few months

im gonna do it piece by piece bc i have a lot of thoughts and love to ramble...
i hope reading it can be enjoyable enough to make it maybe worth it... <3

autophobia:
the ashbluffs being such close siblings for each other and feeling so attached to having someone they can trust and be safe with and share their love with, someone who wont reject them... i feel like some of it can be bigger bc of having such a terrible sad early childhood at the hands of the chaos god parents, where ex feels like the only presence of love they know and understand is that of little baby bandu, and where baby bandu relied a lot on his own older sibling to be his guardian and parent for a little while as his source of love and care and attention...

and when theyre abandoned and find themselves in the human world, they face that sudden extreme trauma of complete alienation from anything and everything except each other... the siblings realize they only have each other, that ultimately the only way to be ok is for them to not be alone bc they dont know who they are on their own at that time or what they can be if theyre alone without each other ;o;

so when the haywalls find them and pick them up, something interesting happens-- maybe it could be that this fear still exists, because although the new dads mean so much and have been so much for them now, the siblings still probably learn that all of this depends on there Being Someone There With Them And For Them... its just that its easier for them to bear, because they now feel like they are part of a loving and "whole" family. but everything from the past still hurts so much, and they dont look like they ever really learned to detach from the dads or each other at all... however, i think they can do a lot of things independently, its just that they might feel like they first have to feel reassured in trusting that everything will be ok, and that nothing will separate their family, and that nobody will be alone, before one of the siblings can move forward in doing something. but just because they can do something on their own... doesnt mean they dont still really really prefer to be with each other and with the dads, so theyre still very attached which can be both to their benefit and detriment :')
that's exactly what was running through my head when i gave the two that fear! they were too traumatized from being abandoned at such a young age that they can't fathom the fact that it would've happened again... but haywood and cornwall were happy to take the two in and keep them safe!! <3
sametdze
saw myself from the side for about the 7th time ever, not very pretty
Achromalia
here is some more for the ashbluffs ^^

hemophobia + thanatophobia:
i dont have many thoughts on these tho (fortunately i was wrong lolll <3), they are both kinda common and although autophobia is sort of common too, i feel like its harder to take them as part of the story... but here is what i have for now!!

expunged is probably in a position where historically they have had to be sorta strong for bandu and for themself, and i think it could be possible that seeing their own blood could make them feel something related to the realization of how vulnerable they can be or how they might not be strong enough, and... maybe more concretely, they could have been old enough to very deeply remember seeing blood and associating it with bad bad times if their chaos god parents physically abused them :c

that mixture of vulnerability and trauma can feel like a dizzying swirling churning pit opening up in expunged's brain... and although a lot of people have very common and naturally-induced reactions to their own blood with zero childhood trauma, i think this would explain the fear a lot more

for bandu, i think the fear of death can be attached to a couple things... he is probably not as familiar with outright abuse, but he knows what it did to ex and he absorbed plenty of pain himself even if it could just be second-hand observation. more importantly, seeing ex vulnerable and stressed and abused in addition to their abandonment to the elements of earth, i think bandu could be feeling something like... a looming sense of doom about really dying for real but not knowing it intimately because of ex protecting them from thinking about it, where maybe ex would have been already familiar with it and maybe thought they would die-- to the extent that there wasnt really any fear anymore as long as they could protect bandu ;-;

because of this mixture of this obscure aura of dread from watching ex + being abandoned + being sheltered and protected from having to think about pain, there's this mystery to death that bandu might not really know how to face, so he might run away and refuse to think about it if at all possible as opposed to ex being very understanding of the concept and reality of it...
lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

here is some more for the ashbluffs ^^

hemophobia + thanatophobia:
i dont have many thoughts on these tho (fortunately i was wrong lolll <3), they are both kinda common and although autophobia is sort of common too, i feel like its harder to take them as part of the story... but here is what i have for now!!

expunged is probably in a position where historically they have had to be sorta strong for bandu and for themself, and i think it could be possible that seeing their own blood could make them feel something related to the realization of how vulnerable they can be, and... maybe more concretely, they could have been old enough to very deeply remember seeing blood and associating it with bad bad times if their chaos god parents physically abused them :c

that mixture of vulnerability and trauma can feel like a dizzying swirling churning pit opening up in expunged's brain... and although a lot of people have very common and naturally-induced reactions to their own blood with zero childhood trauma, i think this would explain the fear a lot more

for bandu, i think the fear of death can be attached to a couple things... he is probably not as familiar with outright abuse, but he knows what it did to ex and he absorbed plenty of pain himself even if it could just be second-hand observation. more importantly, seeing ex vulnerable and stressed and abused in addition to their abandonment to the elements of earth, i think bandu could be feeling something like... a looming sense of doom about really dying for real but not knowing it intimately because of ex protecting them from thinking about it, where maybe ex would have been already familiar with it and maybe thought they would die-- to the extent that there wasnt really any fear anymore as long as they could protect bandu ;-;

because of this mixture of this obscure aura of dread from watching ex + being abandoned + being sheltered and protected from having to think about pain, there's this mystery to death that bandu might not really know how to face, so he might run away and refuse to think about it if at all possible as opposed to ex being very understanding of the concept and reality of it...
expunged: "that's exactly why i have the fear of blood. it kills me inside knowing how terrified and vulnerable i was when i was young, and now that i'm stronger and in a better headspace/spot in my life, i don't really have to face it anymore. seeing blood just... gives me that overwhelming sense of dread that being afraid of death or what may become of you in the future does. because of all the abuse i went through, there was alot of bloodshed that sparked my fear of it. but... yeah... at least i know it's okay to be somewhat vulnerable with bandu, mr. haywood and mr. cornwall. protecting bandu was the whole reason i was so hesitant about being around mr. haywood and mr. cornwall at first, but now i know that they were just trying to help. and now that they're in my life, i feel so much better <3"
bandu: "yeah, i'm not as familiar with it as ex is, but knowing how they felt then and feel now just... killed me inside... seeing what happened to them and knowing what could've become of us before we were abandoned terrifies me. even thinking about anything else happening to ex and i scares me... i've always been afraid of death, ever since i was young, and i think it was sparked by how injured we were when we were young. but dave and bambi have really helped ex and i recover! even if we're not fully mentally healed, it's still good knowing we have people who care about us and will protect us even if it costs us all our lives. i love them all <3"

expunged: "heh... sorry for ramblin..."
Achromalia
now to consider the fears of the bandellos, starting with ps!expunged

agateophobia + claustrophobia:
hmmn...

i wonder how to articulate the impressions/intuitions i have abt it and those impressions/intuitions are kinda simple theyre just,, not easy to find words for even when they feel like they could make sense

ps!ex does seem like someone who would rely a lotttt on seir brain. with lots of pressure on seir mind, from things like a heavy heavy fixation on understanding organic and chemical compounds in seir labwork to treat-but-not-cure ps!bandu and spare zem from the harsher physical effects, and then the more general ethics/ideals of hoping to prevent the spread of the parasite's influence on other people or otherwise cure it for people who do not want anything to do with it... that is hard on the heart and heavy on the mind

it isnt just pressure tho-- se would probably also legitimately enjoy learning and thinking about what se would observe of the world around them... there is a curiosity in sem that probably feels very dependent on seir ability to think, and... i kinda relate to the fear of losing yourself or your ability to think and perceive things correctly/accurately, being unable to trust my own thoughts/feelings/impressions/intuitions, not knowing if anything i interpreted would even be remotely close to reality

i dont fear small spaces generally but im sure some more-specific small spaces could be really awful like cave-diving or something... i don't really know what this means for ps!ex, and i genuinely cant imagine what it might relate to if anything-- maybe it just exists as a result of feeling swallowed up and suffocated by things bigger than you with only smaller and tighter areas left to exist in... maybe if there's something, claustrophobia could connect to that pressure...
lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

hmmn...

i wonder how to articulate the impressions/intuitions i have abt it and those impressions/intuitions are kinda simple theyre just,, not easy to find words for even when they feel like they could make sense

ps!ex does seem like someone who would rely a lotttt on seir brain. with lots of pressure on seir mind, from things like a heavy heavy fixation on understanding organic and chemical compounds in seir labwork to treat-but-not-cure ps!bandu and spare zem from the harsher physical effects, and then the more general ethics/ideals of hoping to prevent the spread of the parasite's influence on other people or otherwise cure it for people who do not want anything to do with it... that is hard on the heart and heavy on the mind

it isnt just pressure tho-- se would probably also legitimately enjoy learning and thinking about what se would observe of the world around them... there is a curiosity in sem that probably feels very dependent on seir ability to think, and... i kinda relate to the fear of losing yourself or your ability to think and perceive things correctly/accurately, being unable to trust my own thoughts/feelings/impressions/intuitions, not knowing if anything i interpreted would even be remotely close to reality

i dont fear small spaces generally but im sure some more-specific small spaces could be really awful like cave-diving or something... i don't really know what this means for ps!ex, and i genuinely cant imagine what it might relate to if anything-- maybe it just exists as a result of feeling swallowed up and suffocated by things bigger than you with only smaller and tighter areas left to exist in... maybe if there's something, claustrophobia could connect to that pressure...
ps!expunged: "mhm. i do want to say something about the slight claustrophobia, though. it may not make sense, but the reason i have it is because of where i feel like i'm trapped in my own head sometimes. i just feels so small and crowded sometimes, and i just despise it... and the 'swallowed by something bigger than you' thing kind of also explains it. i sometimes feel like the overwhelming stress of over-working myself is swallowing me whole, giving me nothing but a small hole to sit in. it's just... something with me, i suppose... but anyways, thank you for your thoughts. (and i did end up making a vaccine, which i gave to everyone except ps!bandu and ps!kandi.)"
ps!bandu: "i do wanna say something abt why i don't want to be cured,,, it's because of my trypanophobia, and plus, i feel like if i do get cured, i'm not gonna feel comfortable in my own skin anymore... but yeah, just how i feel... :')"
Achromalia

lostsilver wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

hmmn...

ps!expunged: "mhm. i do want to say something about the slight claustrophobia, though. it may not make sense, but the reason i have it is because of where i feel like i'm trapped in my own head sometimes. i just feels so small and crowded sometimes, and i just despise it... and the 'swallowed by something bigger than you' thing kind of also explains it. i sometimes feel like the overwhelming stress of over-working myself is swallowing me whole, giving me nothing but a small hole to sit in. it's just... something with me, i suppose... but anyways, thank you for your thoughts. (and i did end up making a vaccine, which i gave to everyone except ps!bandu and ps!kandi.)"
ps!bandu: "i do wanna say something abt why i don't want to be cured,,, it's because of my trypanophobia, and plus, i feel like if i do get cured, i'm not gonna feel comfortable in my own skin anymore... but yeah, just how i feel... :')"
entirely understandable from both of you actually :') from ps!bandu it explains a little bit as well
sametdze
ear lightly ringing
lostsilver

sametdze wrote:

ear lightly ringing
mine does that when i go to bed sometimes

Achromalia wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

hmmn...

entirely understandable from both of you actually :') from ps!bandu it explains a little bit as well
ps!expunged, smiling: "thank you."
ps!bandu: "glad to know it at least somewhat explains things!! alsoo,,, lostie's workin on the goofy animatic again!! she made cupcakes earlier today so that's why she was gone for a bit :> she'll try to post progress as she goes!!"
sametdze
dwarfism
Stomiks
huh
Achromalia

lostsilver wrote:

sametdze wrote:

ear lightly ringing
that sounds,, a lil uncomfy :(

lostsilver wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

ps!bandu: "glad to know it at least somewhat explains things!! alsoo,,, lostie's workin on the goofy animatic again!! she made cupcakes earlier today so that's why she was gone for a bit :> she'll try to post progress as she goes!!"
ok <3

for everyone: dinner before bed? a little sip of water, get cozy ^^
lostsilver

Achromalia wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

sametdze wrote:

ear lightly ringing
it kinda is yeah... it always happens when i'm comfy too so it kinda scares me lol,,, :')

Achromalia wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

ok <3

for everyone: dinner before bed? a little sip of water, get cozy ^^
dave: "we had tacos tonight."
bambi: "we all had soda."
expunged: "mr. haywood and i made some for the ps!au aswell so they didn't have worry about making dinner tonight!! hehe ^^"
bandu: "yay!!"

ps!dave: "like expunged said, them and dave made some for us too, just so we didn't have to make dinner."
ps!bambi: "it's nice of 'em to make food for us, even when we don't need 'em to."
ps!expunged: "mhm. also, another little thing that ps!bandu asked me to tell you about zeir fear of needles/injections: another reason that ze is so scared of them is because of what ze knows other scientists would do to experiment on zem. even just thinking about a needle going into zeir skin scares zem. i'll never try to inject zem with anything, unless it is absolutely necessary. but until that day comes (which will most likely be never), no needles are ever getting jabbed into zeir arm. sorry for rambling, ze just asked me to tell you that. ze was... to afraid to admit it zemself, which is understandable."
ps!bandu: "mhm,,, *yawn...* mm,, sleepy,,"

*ps!bandu sleepily cuddles ps!expunged, nuzzling into sem as ze purrs quietly. ps!expunged smiles, and gently rubs zeir head*

oop,, did i steal samet's points? i'm sorry if i did :'(
sametdze

Achromalia wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

sametdze wrote:

ear lightly ringing
i actually like it when my ear rings

edit: this ad basically just happened to me but replace the kid with me and replace anthony davis with lostsilver and replace the sport of basketball with the sport of thread necromancy
Achromalia
mvp!! mvp!! mvp!! what a hustle play~

ok but actually i need to have better priorities i cant decide what i want to do x'p
NicNock
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
sametdze
nothing to do this afternoon..
NicNock
why does light blue look kinda purplish compared to actual blue?

- #BB99FF purple
- #AAAAFF light "blue"
- #2222FF actual blue

am I colorblind
Achromalia

NicNock wrote:

- #BB99FF purple
- #AAAAFF light "blue"
- #2222FF actual blue

am I colorblind
oh!! there was a video for this!! it was very briefly mentioned in "everything sbout color (literally)" or something similar to that

urgh i dont remember it
sametdze
sky is still a boring shade of blue :/
NicNock

Achromalia wrote:

NicNock wrote:

- #BB99FF purple
- #AAAAFF light "blue"
- #2222FF actual blue

am I colorblind
oh!! there was a video for this!! it was very briefly mentioned in "everything sbout color (literally)" or something similar to that

urgh i dont remember it
I am watching what I think is the video right now

so it's called the Abney effect
Achromalia

NicNock wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

NicNock wrote:

- #BB99FF purple
- #AAAAFF light "blue"
- #2222FF actual blue

am I colorblind

urgh i dont remember it
I am watching what I think is the video right now
the abney effect @ 22:22!! thats what i was looking for

another interesting thing is probably the context of where that light blue appears, since the osu forum website is all full of this monochrome magenta-grey palette, colors that make a lot of other colors look like total uggo trashy poop

edit: ah i forgot to refresh lol;; but yea :>
NicNock
if an achromalia was a real thing, what would it be?
sametdze
when the malia achros you
Achromalia

NicNock wrote:

if an achromalia was a real thing, what would it be?
not a thing but a collection of things <3

i didnt realize it but there is another more naturally-plausible etymological interpretation for this username :O

+ a- (prefix: "without")
+ chrom- (prefix: "purity of color", freedom of hue, freedom from black/grey/white)
+ -alia (suffix: "a collection", in neuter plural reference)
= "a collection of things without any purity of color, wholly buried in greyscale"

and it turns out that nearly all chemical elements are colorless ^^

so an achromalia would include hydrogen + helium + lithium + beryllium + boron + carbon + nitrogen + oxygen + fluorine + neon + [...]

my 15 y/o self definitely wasnt exactly thinking of that though... in their head, it looked more like...

+ a- (prefix: "without")
+ chrom- (prefix: "purity of color", freedom of hue, freedom from black/grey/white)
+ anomalia (translation: "anomaly" or "irregularity", from spanish, originally greek)
= "an anomaly or irregularity without any purity of color, wholly buried in greyscale"