forum

What caused you to become an Otaku?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Violet Link
I started became a hardcore otaku when I was rewatching Black Cat. After I watched Black Cat I felt like watching other anime. xD
Oh and Vocaloids, it's a classic: Ievan Polka. :D
jcdizon416
I've been exposed to anime ever since early childhood and I have always been attracted to female anime characters (Sailor Moon was the earliest one) then later, I was exposed to the internet and much later, hardcore otaku stuff
LisaPik
sadsadasdfd
Nostalgia
Started off with anime for 13 years, then I started to have a lot of free time and involuntarily began getting more connected with the Otaku culture. <3
okenoshofu
I started it off since childhood? TV channels used to air lots of anime series early in the morning here.
Hatate-tan
My sister is one of the trigger points. She influenced me, though she stopped being an Otaku. :roll:
Another thing is, I was also influenced by the art style of it. :)
Mints
My mother got me watching anime everyday from young~
mathexpert

[ Yukari ] wrote:

awesome mom right here
Nostalgia

[ Yukari ] wrote:

Can I be your brother? \(^o^)/
- 1 -
Card Captors, Pokemon and Sailor Moon started it.
:<
Mints
Lols, the things is my mum watches all the oldies :/ I remembered the first i ever watched was gundam wing~
Nostalgia

[ Yukari ] wrote:

Lols, the things is my mum watches all the oldies :/ I remembered the first i ever watched was gundam wing~
What!? I love Gundam Wing!
My mom yells at me when I watched anime... .-.
Foxtrot
Watching Fist of the North Star when I was a little girl.
Faust

Dulcet wrote:

Watching Fist of the North Star when I was a little girl.
Awwwwwww yeeeaah.
Mints

Nostalgia wrote:

[ Yukari ] wrote:

What!? I love Gundam Wing!
My mom yells at me when I watched anime... .-.
Well i guess im fortunate thn o.o
Loading_old
my schoolmate, when he's suggest me to read Negima
_koinuri
I've been watching Pokemon and all the mainstreams as a child, but I started to really get into anime when I saw Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni few years ago. I didn't know animes can have stories this good.
Armaggedon25
A friend referred me to Death Note, which was the first manga I've ever read. Soon after, the same person referred me to The World Ends With You, and looking up videos for that on Youtube led me to Lucky Star and it all sort of escalated from there.
Gilochan
realise it myself... That I was born as an Otaku.. huehuehue :3
Yafutsufa
didn`t think of becoming a "REAL" otaku that should be called.... but well decent enough to be called as an otaku in my country
me? becoming otaku because... well probably my older sister introducing some manga and i get interest in that then watch anime in TV even though there`s not much anime in my country and i didn`t use cable channel

Oh yeah... I didn`t really know how the minimal amount to be otaku.... but if you want know you should probably go japan and see them....
Nyaruko Cthulhu

Yafutsufa wrote:

didn`t think of becoming a "REAL" otaku that should be called.... but well decent enough to be called as an otaku in my country
me? becoming otaku because... well probably my older sister introducing some manga and i get interest in that then watch anime in TV even though there`s not much anime in my country and i didn`t use cable channel

Oh yeah... I didn`t really know how the minimal amount to be otaku.... but if you want know you should probably go japan and see them....
aw aw a sister introducting some manga and anime

i think u i'll happy to live with u sister

jealous :P
[Maid] NekoRyo
i started...since i saw..a lot of anime picture on Facebook...and i started watch 1....and after that...on the 2nd day of discovering anime...i started watch more than 5 series in a day xD
Elit3noob
osu!
Cropzy
Not having a life and being bored of the video games that were out at that time.
Slyfer35
It actually started with K-On! actually.
It was pretty popular in my school. afterward i read manga, found out about light novels
... read a lot of them, saw some visual novels... amv's and then i liked japanese music a lot afterwards.

i don't know if this is a common reason or not......
Being an otaku is so much fun!!!! :D
Plushies
I've only watched anime casually ever since I saw G Gundam on Toonami, but that all changed when I finished watching Madoka Magica to pass time while my laptop was getting fixed. I started obsessing over the songs and OST for a while and kept up with every anime season since, then finally giving in to buying PVC figurines of my favorite characters.

tl;dr Madoka caused me to become an otaku.
Shiroki_old
Pokemon and Naruto! Well, at first I only thought of these as a cartoon =='' I think I started anime at fourth grade. I salute my sister for introducing anime to me *-* My first official anime was Skip Beat!!~ :3
SchokiEllen
As i was a Child i still watched Anime: My first anime was Inuyasha!
But i watched so much Animes! Like: Detective Conan, Kamikaze kaito jeanne, Ranma1/2, Pokemon and Digimon!
Then i started to draw a lot of anime. So i became an Otaku! Haha! <3
Raikaria
Depends what point you count as an Okatu.

If it was when I started getting into Anime, it was way back when I was like, 9 with Digimon.

If manga is the point, it's probobly, like, 14, reading Narto/Bleach/OP.

I'd classify myself as one for sure from 3 years ago, when I started getting into foruming more, anime music, less mainstream stuff, and, a while ago, Touhou.
Plus_old_1
Well... I like animu.
Cropzy

Nyaruko Cthulhu wrote:

Yafutsufa wrote:

imouto
Yafutsufa

Cropzy wrote:

Nyaruko Cthulhu wrote:

imouto
no, no, like hell if i had imouto.... *wanna 1 though* and recently found out my sis is fujoshi.... :roll: dem sis X3
Miyu
I don't think i am an otaku i dont own anime figures i dont have tons of japanese kawaii stuff.

but meh,ye i actually watch some animes and read mostly manga,i been doing this for the past 3 years yet im not an otaku :)~
Zerostarry
When I was very little, my brother used to watch lots of Shounen anime on TV... it was very natural for me to love anime

I loved anime until a point where I got into high school, then I shunned all anime and Japanese related stuff. This lasted one or two years. This period of time actually comes into my osu! career, some oldies here may recognize the times where I was like this ^^;

But now, I stopped trying to be someone different and accepting myself~ I love anime and touhou and everything Japanese
marsellus121
I forgot, but I wish it hadn't happened. My life is ruined, fucking RUINED
Lust
Adult Swim and Toonami, damn Prince of Tennis...
MillonzKub
My brother read manga so i follow him and then i start reading and watching lot of anime :P
Yafutsufa

MillonzKub wrote:

My brother read manga so i follow him and then i start reading and watching lot of anime :P
heh happen to most little brother/sister who having these kind of older brother/sister 8-)
Nakatsu Shizuru
Not having a life.
nakimushineko
I grew up in Japan, that's whyy. :)
show more