forum

Sharkey & Arkitech - Quadraphinix [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xay
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Donnerstag, 23. August 2018 at 20:29:01

Artist: Sharkey & Arkitech
Title: Quadraphinix
Tags: stepmania etterna xayphon nuclear blast js awesome bomb files 3 jumpstream handstream hs
BPM: 180,26
Filesize: 17965kb
Play Time: 02:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Challenge - 4Key (4,73 stars, 2398 notes)
  2. Challenge 1.1x - 4Key (5,16 stars, 2398 notes)
  3. Challenge 1.2x - 4Key (5,57 stars, 2398 notes)
  4. Challenge 1.3x - 4Key (5,97 stars, 2398 notes)
  5. Challenge 1.4x - 4Key (6,38 stars, 2398 notes)
  6. Challenge 1.5x - 4Key (6,79 stars, 2398 notes)
Download: Sharkey & Arkitech - Quadraphinix
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Original Quadraphinix file from Nuclear Blast 3

FAQ
Q: Quadraphinix or Quadrasphinx?
A: Quadraphinix

Q: Why is the BG wrong then?
A: We (MetzgerSM, IcyWorld, and me) fucked up by noticing the typo too late (i.e. way after releasing NB3). Nobody of us expected the pack to blow up as much as it did so we figured it didn't matter lol

Usage Info
I'm aware people have uploaded or converted this map to different rhythm games. That includes osu! where I hadn't submitted the map myself for a long time. I want to be clear that I'm fine with people converting and uploading this map onto other platforms, games, sites, whatever as long as proper credits are given.

When the topic of getting this map Loved became of relevance, it was suggested to me to request other Quadraphinix versions uploaded on this site to be taken down, so I could upload the map myself and get it loved.

Some History
Quadraphinix was one of my first JS/HS charts. It was made between March and April in 2011 for IcyWorld's Nuclear Blast 3 Stepmania pack when I helped making it, along with MetzgerSM, who created the BG. He sadly hasn't been seen anywhere around VSRGs since 2013. IcyWorld showed this song to me since I was looking for songs to chart for his pack and I quickly made something for it. It's very nostalgic thinking about it - we had tons of fun making the pack and playtesting it together in Stepmania Online!

I was on a long hiatus between 2013 and 2016. Didn't expect Quadraphinix to be known this well among the community when I came back.. I'm thankful this map was part of the pack that pretty much defined the 4k meta for years to come - even on more platforms than just Stepmania.

I'd be happy if I managed to create some memories for players!

23/08/2018: Fixed BPM issues
24/11/2019: Added FAQ box to address some comments
28/09/2023: Split info boxes for clarity

Thank u guys for making this map poplar