forum

Sharkey & Arkitech - Quadraphinix [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xay
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Donnerstag, 23. August 2018 at 20:29:01

Artist: Sharkey & Arkitech
Title: Quadraphinix
Tags: stepmania etterna xayphon nuclear blast js awesome bomb files 3 jumpstream handstream hs
BPM: 180,26
Filesize: 17965kb
Play Time: 02:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Challenge - 4Key (4,73 stars, 2398 notes)
  2. Challenge 1.1x - 4Key (5,16 stars, 2398 notes)
  3. Challenge 1.2x - 4Key (5,57 stars, 2398 notes)
  4. Challenge 1.3x - 4Key (5,97 stars, 2398 notes)
  5. Challenge 1.4x - 4Key (6,38 stars, 2398 notes)
  6. Challenge 1.5x - 4Key (6,79 stars, 2398 notes)
Download: Sharkey & Arkitech - Quadraphinix
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Original Quadraphinix file from Nuclear Blast 3

FAQ
Q: Quadraphinix or Quadrasphinx?
A: Quadraphinix

Q: Why is the BG wrong then?
A: We (MetzgerSM, IcyWorld, and especially me) fucked up by noticing it too late (i.e. way after release). Nobody of us expected NB3 to blow up as it did. MetzgerSM, the creator of the BG, vanished and hasn't been seen anywhere around VSRGs since 2013, so it was never fixed in the end

Personal Notes & Usage Info
Over the course of the years, people have uploaded or converted this map to several different games. On osu!, once the topic of getting this map Loved came into fruition, I was forced to request other Quadraphinix versions uploaded on this site to be taken down beforehand because they weren't allowed to be Loved. The reason was simply that it had to be uploaded with me as the creator.

I want to be clear that I personally am fine with people converting/uploading this map onto other platforms as long as proper credits are given.

Some History
This was one of my first JS/HS charts ever! It was made between March and April in 2011 for IcyWorld's Nuclear Blast 3 Stepmania pack when I helped making it, along with MetzgerSM, who created the BG, and sadly hasn't been seen anywhere around VSRGs since 2013. IcyWorld gave this song to me, since I was looking for songs to chart for his pack. It's very nostalgic thinking about it, we had tons of fun making the pack and playtesting it together in Stepmania Online =)

I quit VSRGs in around 2013, but came back 3 years later. I didn't expect to have Quadraphinix be known this well among the community. I'm thankful that this map was part of the pack that pretty much defined the 4k meta for years to come - even on more platforms than just Stepmania.

I'd be happy if it helped create some memories for you!

23/08/2018: Fixed BPM issues
24/11/2019: Added FAQ box to address some comments
28/09/2023: Split info boxes for clarity

Thank u guys for making this map poplar