forum

Changing some bad habbits.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jaay-
Hey guys I've been playing osu for like 2 months now, and I was wondering if you had that bad habbit of doing your streams/spins with Z/X and all the other notes with the left click of your mouse. I'd like to change this but im always tempted on clicking my left click. Have this ever happened to you?
Zelmarked
No. But I often left click when I have to scratch something and thus needing a free hand.
CXu
Many players play like you do. It's not really a bad habit, and if it feels the most comfortable, just stick with it. There is no input method that is superior to others, so it all comes down to how much time you invest into said input method. Therefore, don't go changing it too much~
Topic Starter
Jaay-
Thanks CXu I didnt tought it wasnt that bad playing this way haha.
Joof
This used to happen to me too, haha. But after a while I just got used to only using the keyboard. It's all a matter of time and how much you play haha.
kriers
I want to learn how to click and use kb for streams, but my left hand starts hitting all the notes automatically. Same if I click, I might go mouse only x_x obviously because I'm a mouse only player

CXu wrote:

Many players play like you do. It's not really a bad habit, and if it feels the most comfortable, just stick with it. There is no input method that is superior to others, so it all comes down to how much time you invest into said input method. Therefore, don't go changing it too much~
You know I do \:D/ and it doesn't really matter that much (except for dpi or tablet area. NEVER do this!).
ziin

give them an adventure to go on. That will get all the bad out of them.
higurush
Bad habit or not, when I was a mouse player, I was like you, then I changed the mouse sensitivity to higher and higher and around 3,0x sens clicking on mouse was some kind of an insane move. So I eventually forced myself to keyboard.. Stopped using mouse at 4,0x sens, 2500 dpi (max; max). So half a year of my playtime was with mouse. :D
I think when you got the time try to switch off mouse buttons to force yourself to keyboard and be a 2-handed weapon:D
kriers
nah hell no. I'm 1.0x with 450 dpi and I jump better than most!
Topic Starter
Jaay-
Im currently playing on 1000 dpi + 1,1x ingame + 4/11 windows sensitivity w/o mouse acceleration I hate when the mouse move hyper fast, no precision at all.
higurush

kriers wrote:

nah hell no. I'm 1.0x with 450 dpi and I jump better than most!
yea I already realized that it's better to play with lower sensitivity settings xdxddxd
hoozimajiget
I don't know why but I can't do spinners without clicking my mouse. Using just keyboard for spinners tends to lead to some fail spinning :<
Kanye West
If you really want to stop using your mouse buttons, just disable them
lolcubes

CXu wrote:

Pretty much this. This is actually how I play. The only issue for me with it is when I'm not really warmed up, my hands might not be synced properly, but that gets solved with just playing.
Low
This happens when I spin because I spin so fast that I need to grip the mouse really hard in order for it not to fly out of my hand.
JAKACHAN
I've actually been trying to switch over to this type of style. I jump much better when I tap so I would love to do single notes tapping and then streams and such with z/x