forum

What do you do when you just can't seem to fc or pass maps

posted
Total Posts

What would you do?

Keep playing until pass or fc.
18.86%
Forget about it for now and come back after a random period of time.
52.86%
DoubleTime + Relax GOGOGO!
2.02%
Cry and hang around the chat.
1.68%
Flip table/ punch wall/ smash pc and throw out the window etc..
14.48%
I'm too pro and I never encounter such problems.
5.72%
Others ( please state :3)
4.38%
Total votes: 297
Topic Starter
-Athena-
Not sure if there's a thread about this yet, no really specific keywords I can use to search.

Yup sometimes your combo always seems to break at that exact same spot.
Or maybe you keep failing because you can't get the pattern right.
What do you do in these situations
Sync
come back to it after you've improved

or just keep playing

edit: this should go in gameplay and rankings
Topic Starter
-Athena-

Sync wrote:

come back to it after you've improved

or just keep playing

edit: this should go in gameplay and rankings
Sorry I wasn't really sure where to put it...
Kert
Try until I succeed
Swearing if I miss at the same place too many times
Come back to the map when I've improved
Also sometimes I just press alt-f4 twice
dNextGen
find another map to play

simple as that ):
Drexel13
Try it again and again and again and again...
until I pass or 'till my hands tired.. :3
Shiro
It depends on the map. For maps I hate, I just go "fuck it this map sucks anyway", play another diff, rate 1 if I'm really angry or if I think the map shouldn't have been ranked, then play something else.
Topic Starter
-Athena-
Should have added downvoting to the poll, don't wanna change it already lols
silmarilen
if i cant FC it because its just too hard i leave the map and come back when im better
if i keep having like 1 or 2 stupid misses or sliderbreaks i keep trying untill i succeed, or if it takes too long ill just try an other time.
Zelmarked
I always have a variety of maps of which I both really like and are just out of reach. I play each a lot and switch it up when I get frustrated.
billy96
Forget about it for now and come back after a random period of time.

Exactly what it says on the tin
kriers
I love that feeling of mastery when returning to a map I couldn't fc, and then SS it
PaiYuri
I'd say, leave it for now and come back later when I improved. The very first map I played (Hartmann's Youkai Girl on easy) was like that, which pretty much discouraged me from playing osu! (thankfully, not enough to prevent me from trying out more beatmaps, which were easier and got me into it). Just now, I finally passed it.
GeNJiii_old

Odaril wrote:

It depends on the map. For maps I hate, I just go "fuck it this map sucks anyway", play another diff, rate 1 if I'm really angry or if I think the map shouldn't have been ranked, then play something else.

Me2, if i love the map, i play a lot a lot and when im tired i play other diff xD, and if its a song that i dont like, i go play another xD
xRayne
I wanted two options :v

Rii_old_1
spunout + nofail + double time to see how that works out, then move on
or
get better, try again later.
Haneii
Try it again later in multiplayer (I do better when up against someone osu! should have ghosts for single player) or switch btwn modes. If it's really annoying I'll leave the map alone for a couple of months.
Hika
Maybe you take a couple of months away from osu! & come back.. you'll turn instapro.
Mercurial
Alt+F4 Like a boss.
Vish024
After a maximum of 10 retries, I'm out. I know , as a fact, that I definitely won't fc/pass/better my best score after 10 retries, I usually give up and return later.
show more