forum

Themeless Mafia Game (TOWN WIN!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
pieguyn
hey, why would you vote me off meta from PyP when these roles are random? o.o

animask, where the hell did you get that from? It doesn't really make sense, so it seems more like a RV to me. I think Ekaru is town, but if he wasn't really reaction fishing all that really does is mislead people. I'm not sure how NoHItter is mafia, it seems like he was trying to figure stuff out to me, and I'm not relying on someone else's meta right now.
pieguyn
oh wait, just checked the thread again

IMO, animask posting a lot right at the start does seem suspicious, but IIRC NoHItter wasn't really calling Ekaru out on no-lynching, just "reaction fishing" which he wasn't really doing. I don't think Wojjan is mafia though.
NoHitter

pieguy1372 wrote:

IMO, animask posting a lot right at the start does seem suspicious, but IIRC NoHItter wasn't really calling Ekaru out on no-lynching, just "reaction fishing" which he wasn't really doing. I don't think Wojjan is mafia though.
Basically this.

I voted Ekaru based on his "reaction fishing" not his "no lynching".
So Wojjan why did you misrep my statement to make it look like I was voting Ekaru because of his "no lynching"?

In fact, right now Ekaru admitted to lying about the "reaction fishing" which all the more makes it suspicious.
There should be no reason for town to lie unless it's some sort of gambit that could out scum or help town power roles (e.g. claiming as a PR so people will target you).

Yet Ekaru himself claims that he just said that lie for people to "shut up" about it.
Then he goes about saying that animask is suspicious for pointing out that what Ekaru said with the "reaction fishing" was suspicious.

I actually didn't think that his plan to no-lynch D1 warranted a vote. In fact it could have been a point of discussion.
But his "reaction fishing" was scummy, and admitting to lying about "reaction fishing" cements my suspicion further.

Wojjan wrote:

Totally ignores animask wall of text in favor of him, probably double teaming with a mafia to get noobtown on the noose.
So I totally ignored animask's text right? Well:

NoHItter wrote:

@animask
Adding a disclaimer like that is basically saying:
"I'm suspicious of someone because of X. If X doesn't make sense to you, then deal with it."
If you're trying to point out that I somehow "commented less" on animask's post though, then let me say that I found animask's post less suspicious than Ekaru's behavior. As you already said, animask always comes out as "wishy-washy scum on day one", so I treated it with less suspicion compared to Ekaru.

Salvage: Sure you can use it ;)
Wojjan
You commented on one bit of all of his wall, the ending. The disclaimer was only tangential and you know it. animask overplayed his hand on getting townie ekaru in the spotlight because he's scum and if he didn't play hard he'd end up lynched instead
Wojjan
also if anything you should unvote Ekaru if your basis was reaction fishing because 1) that was never a reaction fish and I got as much from a cursory read of his post and 2) he admitted it to not be one already. Ekaru is newtown trying not to get lynched because it's been a while and he's just trying too hard to not step on any toes.

consider that if Ekaru is scum, would he not only suggest not killing a townie day one, and admitting to a screw-up TWICE about the same thing? No scum plays that bad even on their first day after a break.
NoHitter
So basically, you're "accepting" Ekaru being suspicious because he's new, and that "newscum" wouldn't make the same mistakes as "newtown" (which Ekaru apparently is in)?

I used that playing the newbie card tactic on Mafiascum once when I was scum. Wasn't lynched and the guy who replaced me eventually won the game. That's why I generally don't consider being new as an excuse for being suspicious.

Also, the fact that he tried to cover up with a lie stating that he was "reaction fishing" is what I am suspicious of - not the actual act of "reaction fishing". He never did so in the first place.
Rantai
You know, I was more concerned about his reaction to animask. 'You suck, I'm new, therefore you suck. I'm new."

Of course 2 hours later he comes back and 'fixes it' either by his own accord or because he was recommend to by a day chat.

Pure speculation but the timing is fairly suspicious in itself.
Wojjan
I'm not accepting him being suspicious I'm saying that for newtown what he did is not suspicious.
NoHitter
What's the difference?
You're using the justification that he's "newtown" to say that what he did was suspicious.
So if he wasn't "newtown" you would find what he did suspicious?

Edit:
You're using the justification that he's "newtown" to say that what he did wasn't suspicious.
Wojjan
If he wasn't I wouldn't have lived it down this easily but some people are just idiots like that. If you want to lynch the poison doctor again like in PyP restaurant where Luna pulled EXACTLY this move, be my guest.
Rantai
Reverse meta says you are mafia for defending it!

In seriousness the content wasn't enough to move me from "eh what were you thinking?" however the chain of events after it made me perk an eyebrow (ESPECIALLY that 'fix' post)
Wojjan

Rantai wrote:

Reverse meta says you are mafia for defending it!

In seriousness the content wasn't enough to move me from "eh what were you thinking?" however the chain of events after it made me perk an eyebrow (ESPECIALLY that 'fix' post)

I lead the lynch on Luna AND I HAVE NO REGRETS ABOUT THAT and you know why BECAUSE I WAS MAFIA ALIGNED IN THAT GAME

NOTICE A PATTERN

VOTE NOHITTER HARDER
Rantai
Pfft patterns. Reverse meta is the way to go. I don't even know what reverse meta is.

Anyway I still stand by my opinion in regards to timing.
Ekaru

Rantai wrote:

I fixed it of my own accord because I realized just how damn stupid my post sounded. Anybody who realized just how stupid their post sounded would have done pretty much the same thing. ;P
Rantai
Yep I addressed that, however I can't simply rule out the use of a oh-so-common daychat that scum tend to sport these days based purely on your assurances.
Rantai
Alright going to sleep. 9:15 am and counting~!
Topic Starter
Salvage
VOTE COUNT:

animask (2) - foulcoon, Ekaru
NoHitter (2) - Mashley, Wojjan
Ekaru (1) - NoHitter
Mashley (1) - 0_o
Lilac (1) - pieguy1372
pieguy1372 (1) - Lilac

Not voting (7) - DeathxShinigami, LadySuburu, -Newbie-, Sync, bmin11, Rantai, animask

DEADLINE IS IN 17 HOURS
DeathxShinigami
Vote: animask

If he flips town then NoHItter may make a better D2 option.
Mashley
Shit I need to read the thread now
Unvote
Mashley
Yep this is all just the usual day one stuff, someone inexperienced says silly things then everyone starts arguing over it etc etc, not that this is really a bad thing but there isn't much to read into it from someone who wasn't really involved in the discussions. Sorry 'bout that, I've been kind of focusing on Celebrity Mafia more than this game. Serious playing day 2 though, I promise!
Vote Newbie because bleeeaaargh they posted once and I can't meta them... No one who's actually posted is behaving scummily so far so lynching the lurker works for me.
Topic Starter
Salvage
VOTE COUNT:

animask (3) - foulcoon, Ekaru, DeathxShinigami
Ekaru (1) - NoHitter
NoHitter (1) - Wojjan
Mashley (1) - 0_o
Lilac (1) - pieguy1372
pieguy1372 (1) - Lilac
-Newbie- (1) - Mashley

Not voting (6) -LadySuburu, -Newbie-, Sync, bmin11, Rantai, animask
Sleep Powder
Fos Mashley

That's a horrible reason to vote for Newbie. You're just voting for him because you don't want to vote off scum (which I see at least 2-3 people) RVS is obviously over and the discussion already started. You're probably too afraid to play seriously so you don't get lynched off.

@DxS You could at least add something to that because I know you're referring to someone else. Right now, I think NoHItter or Mashley could be mafia at this point. If I'm lynched, I'd go for NoHItter too.

Vote: NoHItter
bmin11
Can you explain your thoughts on NoHItter?
Mashley

animask wrote:

RVS is obviously over and the discussion already started
Like I said, everything so far has just been the usual day one stuff. It's quite clear that Ekaru is a newbie (not saying they can't be mafia of course), and none of the following discussion is especially scummy and it mostly rational, if a little sensationalist. It makes no sense to lynch people who have been genuinely contributing, as the lynch on day one is always just luck based unless a scum seriously gives themselves away.
Rantai
Right 6 hours left and not a strong suspicion at this moment outside Ekaru.

Vote: Ekaru, you're the only one that stands out at all at this moment.
NoHitter
Come on guys. We still have RVS votes on the table.
Unvote, vote and explain your reasoning.

Edit:
Mod: Perhaps an extension of 24 hours? There's a lot of people who haven't posted for more than a day's time.
Topic Starter
Salvage
I don't think so, you want activeness, generate it, 72 hours is more than enough.

DEADLINE IS IN 1 HOUR
DeathxShinigami
Before the day ends in about 14 minutes I'd like to point out that Lilac, Newbie, and foulcoon haven't done must else besides single posting within the entire Day 1.

Unvote
Mashley
So vote Newbie before an actual poster gets lynched
DeathxShinigami
Vote: -Newbie-

Sadly no strong arguments for a newbie lynch rather than a animask. More of a "Who would you rather keep post D1?" reasoning for why I'm voting on newbie.
Two_old
deadline already went and gone afaik
Rantai
Huh... pretty sure that's a NoHItter lynch if I'm looking at this right.
Topic Starter
Salvage
No, 6 minutes till deadline.
Topic Starter
Salvage
VOTE COUNT:

animask (2) - foulcoon, Ekaru
Ekaru (2) - NoHitter, Rantai
NoHitter (2) - Wojjan, animask
-Newbie- (2) - Mashley, DeathxShinigami
Mashley (1) - 0_o
Lilac (1) - pieguy1372
pieguy1372 (1) - Lilac

Not voting (4) -LadySuburu, -Newbie-, Sync, bmin11

animask - Mafia Roleblocker - Lynched D1

IT IS NOW NIGHT 1, DEADLINE IS IN 24 HOURS
Sleep Powder
My prophecy is coming true! Go Town!
Topic Starter
Salvage
NoHitter - Role Morpher (Voyeur) - Died Night 1

IT IS NOW DAY 2, WITH 13 ALIVE IT TAKES 7 TO LYNCH
DEADLINE IS IN 72 HOURS
Wojjan
I fucking told you
DeathxShinigami
Vote: -Newbie-

Doesn't seem much sense at first but animask didn't bandwagon on -Newbie- pretty much just ignoring him the entire D1.
Wojjan
wrong about NoHItter but I fucking told you regardless. raises the question how many other scum took a chance with the Ekaru bw? I'm gonna assume that in a 15-man setup there's 4 mafia, no third parties because that ain't Salvage's swag.
Wojjan
DxS that makes a surprising amount of sense but I actually would rather consider the people who DID misdirect from animask lynch to newbie lynch. Newbie was a lurker, stand pat while I look up who answered no to the lynching lurkers idea
show more