forum

Any tips/help for learning 6k/7k? etc

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Thatz
I currently play only 4k and I wanted to learn more then just that I want to be able to play 7k aswell but it's just to hard for me. So I was wondering if anybody in the community had any tips/tricks they might have to help me and other people in my position out
Bobbias
First thing: If you seriously want to learn 7k, I suggest you focus on ONLY playing 7k for a while, until you reach the skill level where you can hit patterns without having to think about anything. Any time you spend playing 4k or other key modes while you try to learn 7k will make things significantly harder.

Second: I would suggest practicing 7k until that skill level before trying 6k or 5k, for example. Finger independence and the ability to read patterns in lower keymodes than the highest one you've learned comes much more naturally than when you're trying to learn a higher keymode.

Starting out will be rough, and it will take longer than it did to learn 4k. However, once you've learned to play 7k, it's not hard to go back to any key mode lower. It may take some time to build your 4k skills back up, but don't worry, they WILL come back.
Topic Starter
Thatz
Thats actually really helpful and my 4k skill atm is at a high wall i can barely reach over so I was thinking of trying out 7k I have wanted to learn 7k for a long time just always found the added notes really really hard
Hayzeusky
Eh you are at a level where stopping 4k isn't going to be an issue so stop playing 4k and start playing 7k if you want. As for your 4k plateau. Its probably not a plateau just play more you aren't going to become ET overnight or see constant steady improvement by the day. Make sure you are playing stuff that you can get around 92-95% accuracy for practice. Stuff like that isn't too hard but also isn't easy enough for you to full combo.
nadavv

Thatz wrote:

Thats actually really helpful and my 4k skill atm is at a high wall i can barely reach over so I was thinking of trying out 7k I have wanted to learn 7k for a long time just always found the added notes really really hard
you never really hit a wall in this game its just your mind deluding you because of reading.

btw ive TOTALLY reached my skillcap and cant progress more because of it but its only from my rank i swear!!!111 :^)
Bobbias
Uhh, plateaus are very much a thing. Yes, its most often reading holding you back, but sometimes it can be extremely difficult to get past a certain difficulty level. I've hit many playeaus over the 15 or so years I've been playing rhythm games.