forum

Alternating/Hybrid-Alt. Practice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Abbacus
So I am wanting to make the transition from single tapping to alternating and or hybrid alternating and was looking for tips you may have as well as what maps would be best for practicing this technique.
Endaris
It takes a lot of time. Start with maps that barely have 1/4 patterns as these are the most confusing to start with. Generally speaking to get good at alternating you have to play everything alternating though.
I don't know why you'd want to make that transition tbh.
Topic Starter
Abbacus

Endaris wrote:

It takes a lot of time. Start with maps that barely have 1/4 patterns as these are the most confusing to start with. Generally speaking to get good at alternating you have to play everything alternating though.
I don't know why you'd want to make that transition tbh.

Well not really "transition" like still doing single and alternating. More like "transition" like switching I guess.
pandaBee
Play maps that are slighlty tricky to alternate for you but are still doable and gradually increase the difficulty.

Theres no secret here you could literally replace "alternating" with any other skill in existence and thatd be the way to do it.
DXPOHIHIHI
I just started to semi-alt 2 weeks ago and the results are amazing!!!

I keep getting high acc scores!

Tip: play maps that are low in bpm and low in ar, I recommend playing 4* maps
Wishes
Alternating player here. Honestly the playstyle is inferior to single tapping unless on tech maps. You need better finger control than single tapping. Not sure why you want to transition but, try playing tech maps or maps with many triples can help. Go 1 star lower than maps you usually play and try to high acc them (97%+ at least).
Topic Starter
Abbacus

Wishes wrote:

Alternating player here. Honestly the playstyle is inferior to single tapping unless on tech maps. You need better finger control than single tapping. Not sure why you want to transition but, try playing tech maps or maps with many triples can help. Go 1 star lower than maps you usually play and try to high acc them (97%+ at least).

Im mainly switching just because I want to get into tech maps and Im kinda in a funk right now where I cant really seem to get past 5* so I need something to work on. So thats why I turned to alternating. Plus I think it would be a good skill just to have even if its not as good as single tapping on most maps it will still help me increase my skill.
Wishes

Skeansopolis wrote:

Wishes wrote:

Im mainly switching just because I want to get into tech maps and Im kinda in a funk right now where I cant really seem to get past 5* so I need something to work on. So thats why I turned to alternating. Plus I think it would be a good skill just to have even if its not as good as single tapping on most maps it will still help me increase my skill.
Yeah true, if you have both tapping styles mastered it could be useful. Well good luck! :D
DXPOHIHIHI

Wishes wrote:

Skeansopolis wrote:

Wishes wrote:

Yeah true, if you have both tapping styles mastered it could be useful. Well good luck! :D

But semi-alternating is still superior 8-)
Wishes

szkiller wrote:

What kind of semi-alternating do you mean? Which do you alternate and which not?
DXPOHIHIHI

Wishes wrote:

szkiller wrote:

What kind of semi-alternating do you mean? Which do you alternate and which not?

I only alternate on streams and I dont stream on low bpms
Wishes

szkiller wrote:

I only alternate on streams and I dont stream on low bpms
Only alternating on streams = single tapping :o
KupcaH
bigbrain szkiller
Yolshka
Someone explain to me what semi-alt and hybrid-alting is.
Endaris
None knows, I think it's a product of szkiller's fantasy.
Topic Starter
Abbacus

Yolshka wrote:

Someone explain to me what semi-alt and hybrid-alting is.

Wellsemi-alt/hybrid-alt is where you would alternate on certain thing like jumps or only on sliders and then everything else is single tapped (besides streams)
DXPOHIHIHI

Endaris wrote:

None knows, I think it's a product of szkiller's fantasy.

Sorry, but I don't have fantasies :)
ManuelOsuPlayer
Why is everybody learning to alternate to play nomod tv size 5* anime maps? xD
Just pick a 2* or 3* maps and alt there. Don't need more.
Topic Starter
Abbacus

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

If you can find any 2/3* maps that are do able (anything over AR 8) let me know
DXPOHIHIHI

Skeansopolis wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Search "New Game!" Maps
If you can find any 2/3* maps that are do able (anything over AR 8) let me know