forum

I cant play Osu anymore. I cant do jumps or streams properly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TokyoBlaze
So, im a mouse player. 15 years old and i play 4-5* maps. The thing is, im only allowed to play on weekends and when i play, i cant hit anything! Easy jumps i miss and then i get super angry. I want to be able to improve but im not able to! I tried playing jump practise maps and i cant even complete them with an S anymore. It's been bothering me for a super long time and i want to get better. Also, when i play, My mouse feels uncomfortable or the spread between my keyboard and mouse isnt right so i feel very weird. Im just lost. ;-;
Lucia Nanami
Honestly i don't think that you can improve if you are playing only on weekends, but i suggest you to try playing 4.4*-5.2* jump maps, try playing DT or HR , it should help a bit
Topic Starter
TokyoBlaze
Oh... Should i just quit Osu...
pandaBee
Q: I want to do X better, how can I do X better?
A: Do more X

If the game is not fun for you why are you wasting your time? I think that's the better question.
Topic Starter
TokyoBlaze
The game is really fun but its just frustrating to not be able to pass maps that im perfectly capable of playing
pandaBee
Sorry buddy, if you can't pass maps that you are "perfectly capable" of playing then those maps aren't very easy for you.
DeletedUser_6869432
I have an extremely similar situation to yours, and my advice is play consistently.
I'm assuming you can play a lot more on school breaks or vacation or whatever, so just play as much as you can on weekends, and go all out during breaks. And also don't gauge your improvement through star rating or pp, as they aren't very accurate.
If you really think your worse now then you were say a month ago, try going back to maps you've played once or twice in the past and cleared( muscle memory will affect results so make sure you only played them once or twice) and play them again. If you get a better score- improved and vice versa. Also, don't think about improving too much, you will do awful if you don't have fun.
DeletedUser_6869432
Can't edit on mobile so I'm just going to make another post.

Looking at you top scores, most of them have DT or HD or both. Mod maps and no mod maps are completely different beasts, do not judge your star rating based on maps you put mods on, because it fucks the star rating system. Commit fully to DT or learn no mod are my suggestions
Humanity
Try to play on weekdays, but only in short times. Say, thirty minutes? If you really can't, I suggest playing warm-up maps before going on to set scores.
kai99

TokyoBlaze wrote:

So, im a mouse player. 15 years old and i play 4-5* maps. The thing is, im only allowed to play on weekends and when i play, i cant hit anything!
1. why does age matter here hi hello i am 18 years old i like to drink alcohol yaay.
2. imo people improve when they take week-long breaks; week is a little short for your skills to deteoriate.
Easy jumps i miss and then i get super angry. I want to be able to improve but im not able to! I tried playing jump practise maps and i cant even complete them with an S anymore. It's been bothering me for a super long time and i want to get better.
play more (during the weekends.)
Also, when i play, My mouse feels uncomfortable or the spread between my keyboard and mouse isnt right so i feel very weird. Im just lost. ;-;
play more

Humanity wrote:

Try to play on weekdays, but only in short times. Say, thirty minutes? If you really can't, I suggest playing warm-up maps before going on to set scores.
^ this guy knows
dung eater
if you can't do it practice/put in effort to do it

doing it before doesn't mean you can do it now
RedONI
Doing something well once doesn't mean you can do it well every time. Now that you know you can do it, you need to do it again.... and again... and again... and again.

What I'm getting at here is that, on top of developing your skills, you need to develop consistentcy and patience. The only way to do that is to play more. Over time, your hand will naturally get better at doing jumps and streams until it becomes second nature. So expose yourself to at least a few new maps per weekend. Keep the ones you like and keep at it until you can FC them. Or do whatever keeps you engaged the most. The point is, once you play enough, your body will get so used to it that you won't even be sweating jumps or streams; you'll just react to them by instinct. So.

Play more.
Tazious
i have a similar problem. when i click the circle it doesnt register i clicked it. i hhave even went into the replay and slowed it down and ill be in the middle of the circle and click and it just doesnt count as me hitting it or it will note lock.
RockRoller

godkcalb wrote:

i have a similar problem. when i click the circle it doesnt register i clicked it. i hhave even went into the replay and slowed it down and ill be in the middle of the circle and click and it just doesnt count as me hitting it or it will note lock.
Please make your own post instead of this 3 year old post, which doesnt even seem to be realted to your problem.