forum

Ah!It's hard to improve my skill.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
apple20036
I have played osu! for about one and half year and my PC are over 17000.But recently,I find it's hard to improve my skill.How to do with it?
Neruell
Continue practicing... no receipe, no formula for the ultimate skill. I play since 2 and half years and still nothing good.
knjiga
Focus on specific things you are bad at.
Mismagius

Neruell wrote:

Continue practicing... no receipe, no formula for the ultimate skill. I play since 2 and half years and still nothing good.
3.5 years and same here. :o
patriotbj
It probably means that the properties of a vaccuum cleaner are strong within you, therefore suppressing your capability to improve.
winber1
just play maps that are challenging to you. You won't get much better by playing songs you can fc on the first try all the time. you can also add mods to make easy songs harder (i prefer double time and hard rock). Not really what you usually on osu! but it's not like i'm having super intense training practices everyday by adding these mods.
patriotbj

winber1 wrote:

lerpus merpus the camels are strong with me.
Thank you for the awesome sig btw.
winber1
hello. how do you do mr. patriotbj.

you are just too cool for me.
Wishy
Play stuff you suck at.
CXu
Play to improveImprove by playing
Yuki Hana-Chan
Playing for over a year doesn't necessarily mean that you should be good by now.
Everyone has their own speed at which they improve by.
Some tips: o-o
-Play Songs that are hard
-If mods are hard for you, practice WITH them-
-Believe in yourself

Also o-o The fact that you have to ENJOY playing to be able to improve. O: it's a game, it's supposed to be entertaining.
If you don't enjoy osu! standard, try another mode. O: Expand on what you play. :3
MonoCholor
Rank #744
And people doesnt find it enough for over a year.

I agree try to play what you cant and try to enjoy. Thats the main point I think :3
Mithos
One night I had the epiphany of not staring at a note until it's hit. Look where you want to go then move on. This made me able to play a bit faster, and pass a few songs I was struggling with.
gat1toneku

Neruell wrote:

hey, you're fucking pro
Zook
I agree... don't be so modest, Neruell \:D/
kriers
yea.. if you're so modest, I feel like I'm really bad at osu! Which I am.
Espionage724
Hmm, I seem to play osu! better when I don't play it for a day or two, not too sure what's up with that. I took about a 2 day break from osu! (on my desktop anyway, I played a good bit of osu!droid though on my new galaxy tab during those 2 days), and when I came back to osu! on my desktop, some songs felt easier, particularly ones with streams.
kriers

Espionage724 wrote:

Hmm, I seem to play osu! better when I don't play it for a day or two, not too sure what's up with that. I took about a 2 day break from osu! (on my desktop anyway, I played a good bit of osu!droid though on my new galaxy tab during those 2 days), and when I came back to osu! on my desktop, some songs felt easier, particularly ones with streams.
This is common and happens all the time to me too :P
palion

kriers wrote:

yea.. if you're so modest, I feel like I'm really bad at osu! Which I am.
lolno
gat1toneku

kriers wrote:

Espionage724 wrote:

This is common and happens all the time to me too :P
doing this repeatedly=easy way to increase skill?
thelewa

Neruell wrote:

You inspire me

also I hate don't know how to use my phone
F m L_old

ragelewa wrote:

Neruell wrote:

You inspire me

phone 10/10
koki_old_1

Valentiino

ragelewa wrote:

Neruell wrote:

You inspire me

YOU HAVE A PHONE !??!?!
Plantifant
I usually only play CTB, but sometimes Osu!, I suck at it too though :P
But I think, if you want to become better at it, you need to play harder difficulty's or low difficulty's with HR/DT.
oh loving you
Get a tablet
kriers

gat1toneku wrote:

doing this repeatedly=easy way to increase skill?
Yes.

Split up your osu! sessions over 2-3 days, then break it for a couple of days and so on.
Denebola_old
Download osu skills from the matrix

Or just play songs you just find difficult. If there are none, just play with HR all the time :)
hinamizawan
If you think you're a noob, probably you're getting better, try to play ALL the beatmaps for example. Or just practice with the approved maps.