forum

BlackSimplistic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MasonGR

BlackSimplistic v1.1

I have provided other numbers/textures for the hitcircles on the "optional" folder in the skin files so feel free to pick whichever you prefer to play with.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the skin please let me know. I would love to keep improving the skin and criticism always helps.

If anyone wants to help me skin the mania, ctb and taiko modes please message me and we might work something out

Update info:
  • V1.1 - Udpated the hitcircles and the textures on them
Here are some screenshots of the skin:

Dowload links:

v1.0

v1.1

P.S. If you have any suggestions on what skins to make please let me know) thanks.
Noelinski
maybe you shuld make a v1.2 with numbers on the circles
Topic Starter
MasonGR

Noelinski wrote:

maybe you shuld make a v1.2 with numbers on the circles

If you click on "open current skin folder" in options then you will see an "optional" folder at the top. In that folder are skins for numbers. Just select all of them and drag them into the main skin file and replace the existing files. If you have any questions I'm happy to help.
n1trus
Y'know a skin is good when you get a high score first time using it.
Cheers, mate. It looks, sounds and feels gr8 to use.

(Edit): However, after snooping around a bit i've noticed that the scorebar colour doesn't match the scorebarbg, the score dot is up as opposed to down (not sure if intentional) and that the default dot folder in optional assets only contains 1x assets. That's not the only thing though, the numbers (thicker) and original in the optional folder are swapped. The thicker is original and vice versa.

All in all, great skin. I would say something is off about the hitcircle sizes but it's just the way the skin was made portraying them as smaller i suppose.
NonsensicalWeeb
Am I doing smthin wrong? cuz when I downloaded the skin. all of it looked so different compared to what you are showing.
Matt2e2

NonsensicalWeeb wrote:

Am I doing smthin wrong? cuz when I downloaded the skin. all of it looked so different compared to what you are showing.

That might be because the skin has for the most part only @2x files, which don't get used if you're running osu! at a resolution with a height lower than 800 px. To fix that you only need to run a program like this one on the skin's folder and then reload.
Raispa
Hey, i download but, the mods display are different
Topic Starter
MasonGR

Raispa wrote:

Back when i made this skin i didn't know that lower resolutions need different textures. So if you are playing in a low resolution that's your problem. The skin was made for a 1920 x 1080 resolution. Don't expect a fix though. I have no interest or time for it now that I'm busy with things other than osu... Sorry (It's not that good a skin anyways))
RockRoller

MasonGR wrote:

Raispa wrote:

Back when i made this skin i didn't know that lower resolutions need different textures. So if you are playing in a low resolution that's your problem. The skin was made for a 1920 x 1080 resolution. Don't expect a fix though. I have no interest or time for it now that I'm busy with things other than osu... Sorry (It's not that good a skin anyways))

You could just run this programm on the skins folder. It automatically resizes and renames Hd images to SD
mnemosine
I loved this skin. It's so clean and simplistic, still good for the eyes. Great work.
DOOMVON007
ISTG this is too good. Literally made me complete my first 5 star.
Stomiks
oooo so simple