posted
Total Posts
show more
levesterz

lets dive in this discussion with this soothing jazz music

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =445859561

that link define the stages of weeabos

now whats wrong with weeaboos?
there nothing wrong with them . well some of them actually but majority really do need to seek help like pronto

edit: wew its took mee hours to typr this little sentence and this thread have already have five post the time i posted this
Topic Starter
abraker

citremi wrote:

I don't agree with that definition of "otaku" either. The "obsessed with computers" portion of it would better be that of a nerd. Detriment of social skills is iffy too, but that's a gray zone. I more agree with the meme or slang definition of "otaku", which puts emphasis of taking a good portion of your time indulging in Japanese popular culture products.
Naimae
I don't think nerd and otaku are mutually exclusive. Actually, I'd give them definitions that largely overlap each other. Keep in mind that that definition for otaku is specifically for Japan, and the probably don't use the word 'nerd'.

The meme definition of otaku is something I'll have to disagree on. I've seen it used more as your definition of weeaboo, whereas the meme definition of weeaboo I've seen around would be a variably less intense version of an otaku.
johnmedina999
It's OK to listen to J-pop, just keep it in your earphones.

I mean, I do it myself...
Achromalia

levesterz wrote:

lets dive in this discussion with this soothing jazz music
mmm that jazz

now thats nice
Green Platinum
It's all the fault of Cool Japan
Saturnalize
techno3452
KatouMegumi

Saturnalize wrote:

thank you
saved
Saturnalize

Saturnalize wrote:

J25_games
Whould Otaku be similar to the word Geek
Green Platinum
It's closer than nerd but I think fanatic is more apt.
ColdTooth
What's wrong with being a brony?

Everything

You make yourself look like a fool out of everyone else, a like for colorful pastel horses? What are you, 5? You should be ashamed of yourself if you have a pony picture as your avatar, even worse is the "OCs" you have. Why would you want to interact with these horses, they are just talking horses behind a television screen, honestly, that's even worse. Stop talking to yourself and get an actual job and a life you mongrel.
E m i
What's wrong with adfgngdfdgkhbvcsd?

Holy frick dont like what i dont like
blushjeongguk

J25_games wrote:

Whould Otaku be similar to the word Geek
that was already answered. In Japan they dont use the word 'Geek' or 'Nerd' they say 'Otaku'
Achromalia
Definitely the connotation that comes with it.
Green Platinum
I hate how I am always gonna be lumped in with the worst of the weebs.

What kinda of fucking weeb has a favourite anime from 40 years ago?
Topic Starter
abraker

Green Platinum wrote:

tfw you realize 1980 was almost 40 years ago
Green Platinum

abraker wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

tfw you realize 1980 was almost 40 years ago
Ashita no Joe started in 1970 so it's technically closer to 50 years old. But the second season is really what cemented it as my favourite anime and that aired in 1980.
Saturnalize

Xuequinox wrote:

Definitely comes with it
Offdensen
I actually agree with this
I can actually admit when I was 12 (CRINGE WARNING IM SO SORRY) I was obsessed with a hetalia character
Now i wanna change my username oh my god