forum

The Quick Brown Fox - The Big Black

posted
Total Posts
show more
OnosakiHito

Philippines wrote:

I wonder why people blame BD for the errors on Taiko when Ono should take responsibility for his own diff? lol

EDIT: Calling the attention of Ono.
viewtopic.php?p=1335890#p1335890
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Elfice wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

I'm sorry? Renard himself said this was 720BPM, not 180.
Then map it 720 cos Renard said so ;)
Seriously, read the thread and the reasons why I put 360BPM. Don't make this harder than it should be.
Gonzvlo

Gonzvlo wrote:

Let me sum it up

1. Correct BPM: 360 (Because 720 messes up with Kiai and Menu Pulses)
  2. Why Taiko uses different BPM?: Because "Hidden" it's impossible using 360.
  3. Is this an exception to a rule?: No, it's just a way to "fix" a bug.
  4. Who is the one to blame?: "The Quick Brown Fox" for composing that song.

Hopefully, that will help.
Tip: Read the WHOLE discussion before posting, please. Thanks for your attention!
Cygnus

OnosakiHito wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1335890#p1335890
I'm not really contented about your post. You should follow SH's suggestion. Change the taiko bug. But if you can't. Remap it then.
Elfice

Blue Dragon wrote:

Seriously, read the thread and the reasons why I put 360BPM. Don't make this harder than it should be.
Just implying that there is not even need for 360 bpm...
Also "change rules so my map doesn't have to be unranked" topic made my day
EDIT: night
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Elfice wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Just implying that there is not even need for 360 bpm...
Also "change rules so my map doesn't have to be unranked" topic made my day
EDIT: night
I'm not saying to change the rules because THIS map is ranked. If you fucking READ the thread before, you would know that the issue here is NOT having other maps that do the same thing ranked.
Kazuo
<3 bd
Topic Starter
Mismagius
I'm way too mad to continue this crap. People can't understand certain things. If possible, lock the thread and continue the discussion in the other thread. I'm seriously tired of people who can't understand my reasons and just bash on me for something I didn't do.
Lance

Philippines wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

I'm not really contented about your post. You should follow SH's suggestion. Change the taiko bug. But if you can't. Remap it then.
Who died and made you BAT? This is getting quite silly at this point since the BPM difference doesn't actually affect gameplay.
Cygnus

[Lance] wrote:

Who died and made you BAT? This is getting quite silly at this point since the BPM difference doesn't actually affect gameplay.[/quote]
I'm a BAT? D: I'm talking about the bug. We're not meeting the same point. lol
Luna

Philippines wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

Um, you realize that it's not a bug because of how it was mapped but because of how Taiko's Hidden mod works?
So peppy would be the only one who could fix it.
OnosakiHito

Philippines wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

I only see 2 options here:
1. Unapprove the map, force mapper to use half the BPM and double slider velocity and tickrate and get 3 new MAT/BAT to reapprove it
2. Let it be

Sakura Hana wrote:

From what i see the only solution to this is to halve BPM for osu!standard and double the SV for the EXACT SAME FRICKEN MAP, is it worth that much trouble for a number that appears on the song listing?

Edit: Also i want to clarify i dont like nor agree with exception to rules since the ones that are supposed to have expcetions are guidelines but the map's already approved, are u gonna just unrank it to fix a number?
- Suggestions for osu!.
- I can't fix it without scripting.
- If I fix it, it isn't fitting the taiko guidelines/rules anymore. And that's not the fault of the Taiko community that we are not allowed to do so.
I suggest to read the whole thread, too.

I'm not more specific because many things are allready mentioned before.
Gonzvlo
Guys, we're not getting anywhere...

I'll lock the thread for some minutes so everybody has the chance to keep up with the discussion, aka read the WHOLE thread before posting. Afterwards, it will be unlocked again. Remember to stay calm and explain your thoughts in a civil manner, please. (Troll/Spam/Pointless posts will be removed, this is the last warning)

I think I will quote myself one more time.

Gonzvlo wrote:

To sum it up:

1. Correct BPM: 360 (Because 720 messes up with Kiai and Menu Pulses)
  2. Why Taiko uses different BPM?: Because "Hidden" it's impossible using 360.
  3. Is this an exception to a rule?: No, it's just a way to "fix" a bug.
  4. Who is the one to blame?: "The Quick Brown Fox" for composing that song.
Gonzvlo
Okay guys, let's try this again.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

And I'm done.
Kazuo
chill bd dont mind them
kriers
my response to a map I don't like is not playing it.
I won't play this map, but that's as far as it goes. Nobody cares, and nobody is hurt :)
Kazuo
i thought games were meant to be fun
Hika
This game is competition apparently.
Low
/thread.

I see no point in further arguing/debating/whatever you want to call it-ing anymore.
Sir Minelli
The map itself is very nice Blue Dragon.

It is very very hard... and of course, it was approved.

I see no point in arguing over this. An approved map will not affect your rank score.

If you don't like the map guys, then don't play it and go do something more fullfilling than posting complaints here.

Aesthetically speaking, I give the map a 9.7/10. Must have been a hard job to polish all those patterns.

Good job Blue Dragon.

I managed to pass the first couple of streams and then died, but I still love the catchy mp3
Bakario
love and peace

just like always n___________________________n
DaxMasterix
I read from the page 6-this
-~immature~
What do i think?
-I know the ''Rules'' are ''sacred''.. Be followed and blahblahblah. The rules have a Difference at Rkd/App. And I doubt they are finished.. This will serve for future discussion on maps with a elevated Timing.. But Really.. There is no need to insult, etc..

There are many things I see and make me ashamed.. Timing/Gameplay = +/-
I am no one to talk about the rules buy rly.. huh
fanzhen0019
holy crap
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
no 360 bpm 1/4-stream D:
Kite
Taiko notes aren't completely hidden at 360 bpm http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/246284 anyways.
Hidden bug only happens if the map starts out with 100 bpm and then speeds up to 200 bpm, you can fix the bug by placing another 200 bpm section in front of the 100 bpm one, it doesn't affect gameplay and can be used on every difficulty.

Congratulations on getting it approved BD

EDIT: real hidden-bug to compare
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/246293

EDIT2:
Discussion is a bit senseless imo, it's best to leave the mapset as it is.
However I don't see the big deal in adjusting the mapsets bpm if it's really such a big problem.
Doubling the taiko bpm would make it unnecessarily harder to read and play so it would probably be a better idea to halve the standard diffs bpm and let BD double the velocity and tickrate instead.
Just if it's realllllllllly needed.
lepidopodus
hahahaha This is hilarious, Those several pages of quarreling was nothing, cause we don't need to set different uninherited section in this Taiko map at first. (Sorry Onosakihito.)

That bug only occurs when you drop BPM or SV down in the middle of the map. So if BPM was a problem. BPM 360, basic SV 0.7 (or maybe setting to 8/4 to remove annoying bar lines) makes no bug, completely ok to play.

Lack of... professionals in Taiko, I guess?

EDIT: I only meant fade-in bug. hidden bug also happens in raising BPM.
Kite
It happens in both cases lepidopodus
lepidopodus
Whoops, in case of hidden, you are right. I only thought about 'fade-in' bug.

EDIT:
I mean, both raising and dropping BPM/SV can make a bug.
Sakura

lepidopodus wrote:

hahahaha This is hilarious, Those several pages of quarreling was nothing, cause we don't need to set different uninherited section in this Taiko map at first. (Sorry Onosakihito.)

That bug only occurs when you drop BPM or SV down in the middle of the map. So if BPM was a problem. BPM 360, basic SV 0.7 (or maybe setting to 8/4 to remove annoying bar lines) makes no bug, completely ok to play.

Lack of... professionals in Taiko, I guess?
I told that to BD, he said Ono raged about that or something, the map doesn't need to be unapproved anyways, but let this be a lesson learned for future Taiko maps.
Shiirn

Sakura Hana wrote:

I told that to BD, he said Ono raged about that or something, the map doesn't need to be unapproved anyways, but let this be a lesson learned for future Taiko maps.
And you had issues with me talking about what you discuss with me to other people. Holy mother of poot, you're screwed up in the head.
lepidopodus
Ok, some arrangement of when Taiko need 'special treatment' of setting another uninherited section.

1. About those so-called 'bugs'.
Those bugs is due to mechanism of showing notes in Taiko map (the timing of showing notes are fixed flowing the 1st timing section & basic SV) and hidden mode (hidden section are fixed timely, not spatially) in Taiko. There are two phenotypes of bug.
1) Not being able to play hidden mode cause notes become completely hidden.
2) Unexpected fade-in effect without any mode turned on.
This can be partially fixed by setting fake 1st timing section before the real 1st timing section. (but in some cases we can't fix it properly even with this method.)
Those bugs occurs when there is SV or BPM changes in the middle. Slight change won't be a problem, but huge changes are likely to show this problem.

But this map doesn't need this at all cause there's no BPM & SV change.

2. When does Taiko need additional uninherited section?
Hmm, I said about 'fake 1st timing section' above. Yeah that is the case.
Sometimes we used uninherited section to remove unwanted / duplicated barlines when resetting BPM/offset, but not many mappers are doing this cause they want to evade drama or just aren't so obsessive with duplicated barlines.

Other cases? hmm, nothing comes from my mind right now. Sometimes standard mappers ignores time signature changes and due to that we got additional inherited section in results, but this isn't our problem so I don't think this is the case.
Charles445
Why is this still going on?

Seriously, the only 'issue' I can see here is that one difficulty has 360.3 BPM and the other has 180.15 BPM.

The osu! difficulty could easily be done in 180.15 BPM with Tickrate 4 and Slider Velocity 3.6 . Everything would be able to snap to the 1/8, and the occasional 1/3 to the 1/6. No inheriting sections would need changing.

So, yeah. Map technically works fine. Consistency is very easily possible. There is no excuse for 360.3 BPM, although there is little reason to change it back now that it's approved.

Can we be done now?
Shiirn
i think this is one of those aforementioned "Problems crop up and are solved over time" things ziin mentioned in the ctb thread. amirite?
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

no one gonna fix genre by the way?
Verdisphena
Oh god people...
Anyways, grats moeBD!
lepidopodus
1) Some guys thought there need to set BPM 180 instead of BPM 360 in Taiko, so they did that.
2) Got approved
3) Some other guys were criticizing without any understanding of reasonings
4) Flaming. Starting to attack everything and people god mad, some guys. ragequited.
5) Reasoning was false at first. (Don't need to set BPM 180 in Taiko.)

Well this is a total mess cause everyone in here have some kind of wrong point. People who insiste there need to set BPM 180 in Taiko used wrong reasonings due to lack of knowledge. People who insist there should be one unified BPM do not understand those reasonings and criticized totally wrong point(lack of knowledge too, maybe?). Clashes between those guys makes this flame war, left nothing, meaning nothing. That is why I say this is really hilarious.

BATs need to decide this. there are some options:
1) Since reasoning was wrong, unapprove this map and unify BPM (by fixing Taiko, I guess?)
2) No need to do that cause there won't be any changes in actual playing in Taiko,(except pipi-don moving twice faster, maybe) etc. etc.

There's no meaning in more quarreling cause we can't affect their decisions, I guess.
Gonzvlo
Okay, since Taiko works fine with 360.30... Unapproved for the sake of consistency?

Nothing changes so scores will not be wiped. I'm not sure if I'll be able to re-rank though.
Topic Starter
Mismagius
Fixed ._.
lepidopodus
before re-approving this, 8/4 would be better to Taiko cause too many barlines are annoying.
show more