forum

The Quick Brown Fox - The Big Black

posted
Total Posts
show more
Low
720 BPM would also require an epilepsy warning, as the kiai times would be pulsing at 720 BPM. ;)
Cygnus

Blue Dragon wrote:

I'm adjusting the guidelines to the maps that people complain about not getting approved because of this rule.
Then why was this beatmap approved then? You should also be one of those 'people complaining about not getting approved' thing since your map's issues are also the same with other maps that can't be approved because of not following the rules.
Sakura

ouranhshc wrote:

and Sakura, if its really JUST a number, then it should take that long to fix it
No because changing the BPM could lead to some bugs and slight snapping errors so it needs at least 3 team members to revise it again.

Edit: lol i ended up posting here again
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Philippines wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

I'm adjusting the guidelines to the maps that people complain about not getting approved because of this rule.
Then why was this beatmap approved then? You should also be one of those 'people complaining about not getting approved' thing since your map's issues are also the same with other maps that can't be approved because of not following the rules.
I'm sorry? Did you ever read my posts?

I'm all for freedom mapping. I hate the current state of rules since they're strict. But I can't do anything about it, even though I do still try. You shouldn't blame people for not being able to change the way something is.

Also, stop being contradictory.
Lunah

Sakura Hana wrote:

ouranhshc wrote:

and Sakura, if its really JUST a number, then it should take that long to fix it
No because changing the BPM could lead to some bugs and slight snapping errors so it needs at least 3 team members to revise it again.
People who bubbled it can fast re-check it, also i think there are 2 ways "everyone or no one"

EDIT : also nothing will be unsnapped, tried right now
Gonzvlo
I've already explained that it's not an exception to a rule, it's about a "bug" on taiko. The correct BPM is 360.

Would somebody tell me what's the problem again, please D:?
Cygnus

Blue Dragon wrote:

I'm all for freedom mapping. I hate the current state of rules since they're strict. But I can't do anything about it, even though I do still try. You shouldn't blame people for not being able to change the way something is.

Also, stop being contradictory.
I'm not contradicting anything about this beatmap or so what. I'm just pointing out what's right, and what needs to be followed.
EDIT: Also, I'm not actually pointing all faults in you.

I'm not gonna say another word about this thing. It's enough. I love the map anyway, let's just see what other more people might say about this. You're my friend, and I'm not gonna let this map break that bond. So, I'll just say good luck and hope for the best of this beatmap.
Lunah

Gonzvlo wrote:

I've already explained that it's not an exception to a rule, it's about a "bug" on taiko. The correct BPM is 360.

Would somebody tell me what's the problem again, please D:?
So it should be specificated in the rule;
Gaba
You guys are running in circles here, I'm enjoying.
Elfice

Gonzvlo wrote:

I've already explained that it's not an exception to a rule, it's about a "bug" on taiko.?
Actually, it is? :roll:
No matter how many times I read it, I don't see anything about "taiko bug" in the rule itself.
*runs*
Cygnus
All BATs should have made a conference or discussion about their opinions on this beatmap before it gets approved, so that we could avoid debates like this right after this beatmap gets approved. I see BATs contradict each other, so I guess this should be done.
Topic Starter
Mismagius
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=75020

Have fun. Continue the discussion there.
Sakura

Philippines wrote:

All BATs should have made a conference or discussion about their opinions on this beatmap before it gets approved, so that we could avoid debates like this right after this beatmap gets approved. I see BATs contradict each other, so I guess this should be done.
3 BATs (well 2 BATs and 1 MAT) thought this map was approvable in that state, and so it got approved in that state, that's the point of the bubbles before Rank/Approve.
Gonzvlo

Elfice wrote:

Gonzvlo wrote:

I've already explained that it's not an exception to a rule, it's about a "bug" on taiko.?
Actually, it is? :roll:
No matter how many times I read it, I don't see anything about "taiko bug" in the rule itself.
*runs*
Oh, you misunderstood. Let me sum it up

1. Correct BPM: 360 (Because 720 messes up with Kiai and Menu Pulses)
  2. Why Taiko uses different BPM?: Because "Hidden" it's impossible using 360.
  3. Is this an exception to a rule?: No, it's just a way to "fix" a bug.
  4. Who is the one to blame?: "The Quick Brown Fox" for composing that song.

Hopefully, that will help.
Elfice
Are you guys deaf or you can't hear it's 180 bpm? (/)_-)
iQuit
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Elfice wrote:

iQuit
I'm sorry? Renard himself said this was 720BPM, not 180.
Cygnus

Sakura Hana wrote:

Philippines wrote:

3 BATs (well 2 BATs and 1 MAT) thought this map was approvable in that state, and so it got approved in that state, that's the point of the bubbles before Rank/Approve.
Yes you're right. But this beatmap should have more priorities on BATs since this beatmap has something that other beatmaps don't have.. I know not all BATs agree about getting this approved (like CNF, although he's already an alumni, he still has rights). So basically, If all BATs can attend the same conference due to time differences, I suggest this beatmap should gather half of all BATs to discuss about this issue until this gets fixed.
Elfice

Blue Dragon wrote:

Elfice wrote:

iQuit
Then map it 720 cos Renard said so ;)
Cygnus
I wonder why people blame BD for the errors on Taiko when Ono should take responsibility for his own diff? lol

EDIT: Calling the attention of Ono.
OnosakiHito

Philippines wrote:

I wonder why people blame BD for the errors on Taiko when Ono should take responsibility for his own diff? lol

EDIT: Calling the attention of Ono.
viewtopic.php?p=1335890#p1335890
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Elfice wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Then map it 720 cos Renard said so ;)
Seriously, read the thread and the reasons why I put 360BPM. Don't make this harder than it should be.
Gonzvlo

Gonzvlo wrote:

Let me sum it up

Hopefully, that will help.
Tip: Read the WHOLE discussion before posting, please. Thanks for your attention!
Cygnus

OnosakiHito wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1335890#p1335890
I'm not really contented about your post. You should follow SH's suggestion. Change the taiko bug. But if you can't. Remap it then.
Elfice

Blue Dragon wrote:

Seriously, read the thread and the reasons why I put 360BPM. Don't make this harder than it should be.
Just implying that there is not even need for 360 bpm...
Also "change rules so my map doesn't have to be unranked" topic made my day
EDIT: night
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Elfice wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Just implying that there is not even need for 360 bpm...
Also "change rules so my map doesn't have to be unranked" topic made my day
EDIT: night
I'm not saying to change the rules because THIS map is ranked. If you fucking READ the thread before, you would know that the issue here is NOT having other maps that do the same thing ranked.
Kazuo
<3 bd
Topic Starter
Mismagius
I'm way too mad to continue this crap. People can't understand certain things. If possible, lock the thread and continue the discussion in the other thread. I'm seriously tired of people who can't understand my reasons and just bash on me for something I didn't do.
Lance

Philippines wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

I'm not really contented about your post. You should follow SH's suggestion. Change the taiko bug. But if you can't. Remap it then.
Who died and made you BAT? This is getting quite silly at this point since the BPM difference doesn't actually affect gameplay.
Cygnus

[Lance] wrote:

Who died and made you BAT? This is getting quite silly at this point since the BPM difference doesn't actually affect gameplay.[/quote]
I'm a BAT? D: I'm talking about the bug. We're not meeting the same point. lol
Luna

Philippines wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

Um, you realize that it's not a bug because of how it was mapped but because of how Taiko's Hidden mod works?
So peppy would be the only one who could fix it.
OnosakiHito

Philippines wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

I only see 2 options here:
1. Unapprove the map, force mapper to use half the BPM and double slider velocity and tickrate and get 3 new MAT/BAT to reapprove it
2. Let it be

Sakura Hana wrote:

From what i see the only solution to this is to halve BPM for osu!standard and double the SV for the EXACT SAME FRICKEN MAP, is it worth that much trouble for a number that appears on the song listing?

Edit: Also i want to clarify i dont like nor agree with exception to rules since the ones that are supposed to have expcetions are guidelines but the map's already approved, are u gonna just unrank it to fix a number?
- Suggestions for osu!.
- I can't fix it without scripting.
- If I fix it, it isn't fitting the taiko guidelines/rules anymore. And that's not the fault of the Taiko community that we are not allowed to do so.
I suggest to read the whole thread, too.

I'm not more specific because many things are allready mentioned before.
Gonzvlo
Guys, we're not getting anywhere...

I'll lock the thread for some minutes so everybody has the chance to keep up with the discussion, aka read the WHOLE thread before posting. Afterwards, it will be unlocked again. Remember to stay calm and explain your thoughts in a civil manner, please. (Troll/Spam/Pointless posts will be removed, this is the last warning)

I think I will quote myself one more time.

Gonzvlo wrote:

To sum it up:

Gonzvlo
Okay guys, let's try this again.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

And I'm done.
Kazuo
chill bd dont mind them
kriers
my response to a map I don't like is not playing it.
I won't play this map, but that's as far as it goes. Nobody cares, and nobody is hurt :)
Kazuo
i thought games were meant to be fun
Hika
This game is competition apparently.
Low
/thread.

I see no point in further arguing/debating/whatever you want to call it-ing anymore.
Sir Minelli
The map itself is very nice Blue Dragon.

It is very very hard... and of course, it was approved.

I see no point in arguing over this. An approved map will not affect your rank score.

If you don't like the map guys, then don't play it and go do something more fullfilling than posting complaints here.

Aesthetically speaking, I give the map a 9.7/10. Must have been a hard job to polish all those patterns.

Good job Blue Dragon.

I managed to pass the first couple of streams and then died, but I still love the catchy mp3
show more