forum

Yousei Teikoku - The Creator

posted
Total Posts
show more
Saten

lolcubes wrote:

People who find it fun are people who find anything really hard fun. I won't deny that I don't find it fun as well for other reasons, but if you take a look around you will notice that nobody is actually FCing the map. This is a problem. Everyone has different opinions so it's kinda obvious. This is FC'able but extremely hard due to the length. Just look at Kokou no Sousei, no one has FC'ed it normally but it doesn't stop them from having fun.

I was asked to comment on this and so I will. I hope you don't take anything offensively because I will be blunt and honest to avoid any misinterpretation and confusion and to give you exact thoughts I have about this.

First of all:
The timing is wrong. 00:43:229 - Here you need a 5/4 red section because the time signature changes to 5/4. Next, you need a 4/4 red section at 00:51:801 because it goes back to 4/4 here. This also happens before other choruses later in the map. I'm not sure, it doesn't sound wrong with 4/4 either.

Second:

Before you say that there is one insane and 2 "extra" difficulties, please ask yourself why is there so many diffs like that. Especially since both are guest diffs. Kudos to Saten for doing all the work by the way. 142 notes > 228 notes > 442 notes > 688 notes > 894 notes > 1021 notes. this steps looks really nice. and removing easier difficulties because of this will ruin both the diff spread and the ladder

Let's comment on [Nyaten]:

First of all the difficulty is overmapped. I know that people find this fun most of the time, but in this case this is very wrong. This is 280 bpm (technically it should be 140 but I will not discuss this matter here). Also it is using OD7, when a map of this difficulty caliber should be using nearly OD9 (in my opinion). This is a rhythm game, not bash as fast as possible and still get 300 game. AR10 and OD7 makes little sense to me, and on the other hand 280bpm streams under OD9 are physically almost impossible to hit for anybody who isn't at the top20 of the skill level (not pp, just to clear the misunderstanding). This becomes a conflicting problem which unfortunately a lot of mappers ignore (this is my opinion). Also, thinking that lowering the OD will increase the map rating (does this even matter?) when in reality it only inflates how the maps should be strict. The difficulty is coming from the wrong sources (mostly it's physical movement or really complicated patterns which are usually unnecessary) which eliminates the "rhythm" part of the rhythm game. The only thing that is overmapped are the streams. Sure you maybe will find something else but I won't argue with that. And most rhythm games has dump difficulties where you just dump a bunch of beats to the actual bpm which makes less sense than this (mostly for professional players). This actually has structure and so on.

Now to the map itself:

00:08:515 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why is this stream here? There is no 1/4 in the music at all. it's part of the pattern I use in this difficulty
00:15:372 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - ^ The first 3 notes are actually in the music, other drum beats are 1/2 here. Possible, but it would make this part unique
00:22:229 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is actually unrankable. The drumline is 1/3 here not 1/4. Incorrect snapping is not allowed. This is allowed. I don't really wanna argue with this. This would be the significant differences (other than the Approach Rate) between Saten & Nyaten *
00:34:229 (1,2) - Just an observation since I am already checking in details, the new combo should be on the 2, not 1 because that would make the comboing correct if you listed to the music. The jump would still make sense. The way I did also makes sense. I'll see about this later
00:35:997 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Again, the drumline is 1/3 here. *
00:53:301 (1,2,3,4) - There is nothing at 1/4 in the music here. This also feels very uncomfortable because it breaks the hitting flow, so instead of a buildup you get something which makes you go all out before the epic part actually starts because it's so sudden. Not to mention it makes certain upcoming notes have VERY POOR visibility. People usually say that this is alright to do in Insane diffs, but is this really necessary? Does the music imply anything that is a shadow, echo or gives a feeling that has to hide notes? I guess personal preference. listen carefully, it's 1/3. but I used 1/4 as in every other similar pattern, well this is the shortest one
00:56:944 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is probably the most uncreative part of the whole map. It's difficult to hit and it's tedious to play. I will not give examples or solutions, I am just giving comments here. I like really these, I only use if if I find fitting sections like this one
01:05:461 (2) - This note does not exist in the music. (before you point at 01:03:747 (2), this note does exist in the music)
01:06:801 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This is properly made. I felt I had to point this out. look 02:11:944 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - and 03:18:801 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - . You can see the pattern, these are the only places I allowed 1/3
01:27:372 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is 1/3 in the music. *
01:41:086 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^ *
01:48:586 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - Even though I like this pattern, you can't say it's very creative either. The same pattern is just getting rotated for many many measures. of course, this is intended. I really love patterns like this. And I wont use the same as the other sections, This is a unique part
01:58:229 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - And again more overmap. From 01:58:444 - to the downbeat the drum is 1/3 not 1/4 so this is also unrankable. *
02:06:694 (1,2,3,4) - I am having problems understanding these notes because they just destroy the rhythm the song gives us. I don't see how this destroys the rhythm at all. This was the best solution I had here
02:10:604 (6) - This note is not in the music. part of the usual pattern I use, it also gives you a hint that there's a big jump
02:25:658 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Even though I think this kind of overmap isn't really bad because it does create the necessary intensity from a calmer part (opinions), this probably shouldn't be done. I will repeat myself, this is 280 bpm, this does not need to be insanely hard which 30 people in this game can FC. Hard does not mean fun (maps should be fun, right?). The previous part was not mapped in Saten (and it is 1/3). In Nyaten it was meant to be really intense (for me it is anyway)
02:39:372 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - The drumline is 1/3 in the music. *
02:41:729 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Same like last time. Star patterns <3
02:59:836 (1,2,3,4) - And again these completely roll over the rhythm of the song. like I mentioned before
03:03:586 (1,2,3,4) - No stream in the music. same as before, this is used frequently
03:05:086 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 1/3 in the music. *
03:08:944 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don't really find this creative either, but I find it MUCH better than what you had in the first kiai. Not only it has better readability, but it also has better playability. This is actually harder than the first one imo
03:15:586 (3,4,5,6) - This is 1/3 in the music. *

I can already see that people will bash me and this post because apparently I am against creativity (?). I wouldn't, I respect what other people thinks

I will not pop this because I don't have time to deal with maps nowadays but I surely hope you see the errors and make the changes yourself (ie. selfpop). The timing is wrong anyway.
I actually do like the map but I think it has several elements which should not be here when it comes to ranking a map. Opinions may vary, however if people don't understand why certain things are wrong then I can write all I want and will never be heard. Opinions always vary from person to person, I know
I am almost always against removing maps from the mapset, but if you ask me this diff should not be aiming to get ranked. There is always the problem of people not finding it fun anymore if things get changed, however you can't please everyone, unfortunately standards have to be kept. I always hear hate stuff regarding my maps, but at the same time the opposite
Once again I apologize if you find this post offensive, this is just pure bluntness and hope you don't hate me for it. Nah I won't :3

That's all from me now, and yes I can barely pass the map like once in 50 tries. <-< Yeah I know, I spectated you once
Saten was supposed to be the hardest difficulty (for approval due the the max score, but that doesn't matter anymore). But then time passes and I found a new mapping style which makes Saten look like a regular Insane in comparison.

Nyaten is a
narakucrimson
Omg if I only had the time to check this... Sadly I can't :/

I kinda agree with lolcubes - Nyaten is overmapped, and that there's stuff that could use revision... Some stacked sliders were kinda impossible to read (gosh there have been mapsets unranked for unreadable stacked sliders in the past, and it would get through as easily?).

I hope I can get some spare time to check this in depth. In the meanwhile:

Saten wrote:

Of course, anything I map is passable
I don't map random magicarps
Yeah we all try to. That doesn't mean you cannot commit mistakes. I saw this as overconfidence, and I hope this doesn't mean you'll reject every mod from now on. Just making sure - and if that's the case, open your mind bro.

Anyway, I'll see you around!
Saten

narakucrimson wrote:

Omg if I only had the time to check this... Sadly I can't :/

I kinda agree with lolcubes - Nyaten is overmapped, and that there's stuff that could use revision... Some stacked sliders were kinda impossible to read (gosh there have been mapsets unranked for unreadable stacked sliders in the past, and it would get through as easily?).

I hope I can get some spare time to check this in depth. In the meanwhile:

Saten wrote:

Of course, anything I map is passable
I don't map random magicarps
Yeah we all try to. That doesn't mean you cannot commit mistakes. I saw this as overconfidence, and I hope this doesn't mean you'll reject every mod from now on. Just making sure - and if that's the case, open your mind bro.

Anyway, I'll see you around!
Yeah, I never said I make perfect maps :P
BeatofIke
Saten is on FIRE!!!
Saten
I don't reject them because I want to, we just don't share the same opinions and judgment
Most of the stuff that is already there is nothing I just want to change just like that.
I hope you get what I mean here~

But if there are unreadable sliders, please do point them out. Most of the stacked stuff are readable from my point of view

Also if this went through, most of the stuff would be less of a problem
t/103959

Maps like this are the main reason I suggested it

BeatofIke wrote:

Saten is on FIRE!!!
Lol BeatofIke,
Now you prevented me from editing my old post lol

Also wut, rrtyui showed me this:
wcx19911123
I don't think any diff is overmapped, all notes are following the music no excess objects
don't worry about the difficulty, it's much easier to play than it looks like. I suck at playing but also can get 95+ACC with halftime, in fact there're many ranked maps I can't pass with halftime

also, if you want to add more red timing sections to follow the downbeat, the 5/4 one should be at 00:44:944 - , not 00:43:229 - . 00:44:944 - here is heavy beat. and need to add 5/4 lines at 01:50:086 - and 02:43:229 - , too

btw, AR10 is totally fine. I'm sure it would be much harder to read the patterns with AR9 or lower
Charles445
Having nobody FC'ing the map isn't the issue. It'd be an issue if there is a part in the map that nobody can play at all - it looks like people can play each part of the map, just not all in one sitting. If that's the case, then it will just take more tries before someone gets it all in one go.

Usually I'm not for ranking super hard stuff, but the map is surprisingly well designed. I'd like to help push this toward ranking but ofc I'd need to discuss it with the others who are unsure about it.
terametis
[Level 6]
00:53:515 (1) - NC bug

Please fix in addition to when the next update :3
go go Ranked~<3
Saten
It doesn't really affect gameplay though
Makar
It doesn't affect anything really and its not unrankable so w/e
Saten
It is same with the very first note on a map. In most cases NC isn't highlighted
Garven
It's sooo hard to hit q and all. It used to be an unrankable issue awhile back - it's still a valid spot for a new combo considering it's a new phrase.
Topic Starter
meiikyuu
lol ok then
Saiyuka_old
rank on december 14 /o/
Saten
what is it with Dec 14? o.O
Topic Starter
meiikyuu
its the day the map was submitted haha ;;
[Epicz]
Star d:
Iku Acme
Come on, rank it :D
I love this map so much!
Kunkka_old
This beatmap definitely deserves to be ranked

one of my favourites
LQA20Ans
We can see this map on ranked 2 days later? :)
Saiyuka_old
lol plz
jonathanlfj
its december 14
so
where is rank?
Topic Starter
meiikyuu
oh well
Blaziken
Nice map, I look forward to seeing it ranked.
Makar

Blaziken wrote:

How many posts like these is it going to take for BATs to decide to do something about this map xD
rickyboi
Rank pls.
Blaziken

Makar wrote:

Blaziken wrote:

How many posts like these is it going to take for BATs to decide to do something about this map xD
Needs more stars, I would shoot some if I had some.
Countless Retries later...
PleaseHearMeOut
oi, rank this already
rickyboi
plz
Saten
Before the world "ends" please? lol
NatsumeRin
[General]
00:43:444 - 5/4
00:51:801 - 4/4
01:48:586 - 5/4
01:56:944 - 4/4
02:41:729 - 5/4
02:50:086 - 4/4

[Level 1]
00:27:801 (3) - extend by 1/2? i don't think you need to follow the vocal exactly in such a diff
00:39:801 (1) - the repeat sounds strange, maybe http://puu.sh/1DvTp (2) is reduced by 1/2 btw
02:00:372 (3) - use 3/2 sliders like 03:03:801 (3) - ?

[Level 6]
00:21:801 (3) - http://puu.sh/1DvZP this may be better?
00:48:801 (1,4) - switch new combo to keep consistency
01:54:372 (1,3) - ^
02:04:872 - add a note?
02:11:729 & 02:11:836 - add notes?
02:47:944 - why leave a empty here..? none of the similar places did the same..
02:49:015 (3,1) - switch new combo here, and maybe add new combo on 02:51:372 (3) -

[Origin]
00:07:229 (1,2) - i'd suggest something similar and beautiful here (like 00:05:515 (1,2) - ), not it seems not that fit compared to the previous part.
00:22:229 (4,5) - though it's slider, but the beats should be 1/3
00:39:158 - add a note?
02:35:301 (3) - you could put it farther imo
02:36:158 (3) - ^

also discussed Nyaten diff with Saten and he agreed to change those 1/4s. The rest of the diff is kinda awesome.

popped for wrong timing signature for now, call me to recheck when you're done.
Saten
http://puu.sh/1Dwbc

I hope you can fix the time signature w/o breaking anything meii :P

Edit: I'm pretty sure that this is a plain 4/4 if you listen carefully
It also sounds messed up with nightcore. The strong notes are not where the new stanza start (by strong I mean the cymbal sounds).
Topic Starter
meiikyuu

NatsumeRin wrote:

[General]
00:43:444 - 5/4
00:51:801 - 4/4
01:48:586 - 5/4
01:56:944 - 4/4
02:41:729 - 5/4
02:50:086 - 4/4
fixed all for now, but i feel like it was fine with all 4/4..it sounds really wierd in nightcore now x(

[Level 1]
00:27:801 (3) - extend by 1/2? i don't think you need to follow the vocal exactly in such a diff fixed
00:39:801 (1) - the repeat sounds strange, maybe http://puu.sh/1DvTp (2) is reduced by 1/2 btw fixed
02:00:372 (3) - use 3/2 sliders like 03:03:801 (3) - ? fixed

[Level 6]
00:21:801 (3) - http://puu.sh/1DvZP this may be better?changed pattern
00:48:801 (1,4) - switch new combo to keep consistency fixed
01:54:372 (1,3) - ^ fixed
02:04:872 - add a note? keep because i want to stay consistent with the part at 01:06:800 -
02:11:729 & 02:11:836 - add notes? fixed, i made a slider
02:47:944 - why leave a empty here..? none of the similar places did the same.. yeah sry fixed
02:49:015 (3,1) - switch new combo here, and maybe add new combo on 02:51:372 (3) - fixed

[Origin]
00:07:229 (1,2) - i'd suggest something similar and beautiful here (like 00:05:515 (1,2) - ), not it seems not that fit compared to the previous part. fixed
00:22:229 (4,5) - though it's slider, but the beats should be 1/3 ok
00:39:158 - add a note? fixed
02:35:301 (3) - you could put it farther imo sure i guess
02:36:158 (3) - ^ ^

also discussed Nyaten diff with Saten and he agreed to change those 1/4s. The rest of the diff is kinda awesome.

popped for wrong timing signature for now, call me to recheck when you're done.
updated, thanks a lot
Garven
Alternating from 7/4 to 3/4 sounded fine, though I dunno about it's accuracy. Just a quick skim.

The sections in the easy where all these time signatures are possibly changing are really weird against the music though, since it's all 1/1 if you weren't considering the BPM is doubled. Would represent the music better with longer sliders to emphasize the phrases instead of just kind of a beat.
NatsumeRin
[Saten]
02:43:229 (3) - obviously something wrong here...
02:46:229 (4,5) - ^
Saten

NatsumeRin wrote:

[Saten]
02:43:229 (3) - obviously something wrong here...
02:46:229 (4,5) - ^
Messed up due to adding red lines. The sliders were 1,5x to begin with..

It didin't occur in Nyaten because I only used circles on those parts

http://puu.sh/1DMwi
Topic Starter
meiikyuu

Garven wrote:

Alternating from 7/4 to 3/4 sounded fine, though I dunno about it's accuracy. Just a quick skim.

The sections in the easy where all these time signatures are possibly changing are really weird against the music though, since it's all 1/1 if you weren't considering the BPM is doubled. Would represent the music better with longer sliders to emphasize the phrases instead of just kind of a beat.
edit: updated Saten & fixed up Level 1
NatsumeRin
Rebubbled.
Edit: Saten changed some green lines in Nyaten diff to make the taiko scroll speed looks better, here's rebubble.
Wishy
Nyaten streams are 1/3 now or something like that? :/

I feel they don't fit at all but whatever. Like they are too slow compared to the rest of the song.
Yuukari-Banteki
Just a side note, the red you are using as a combo color would look better if it was a bit darker to match the blood splats in the bg

[Level 1]
00:38:086 (2) - technically the sound of the lyric ends on the red tick. the main beat of the music that you could end on falls on the next white tick. This is an awkward midpoint that doesn't quite gloss it.
01:29:944 (3) - ^
02:00:372 (4,1) - move 1 so that it is not underneath 4, this looks awful and confusing.

[Level 3]
02:11:085 (2) - this should start on the red tick to go with the lyrics

[Level 6]
02:14:729 (3) - space 3 farther away to match the spacing between 1 and 2: http://puu.sh/1GH5E
03:34:015 (4) - this'd look better if you put it farther to the right so that it follows out of 3: http://puu.sh/1GH7H

[Nya]
AR 10 is nope. Kill it with fire. AR 9 pls
...this map is an egregious clusterfuck of overmap and should be deleted tbh. I'll try to give my 2c to make it better but I'm not sure there's much that can be done.
00:09:372 (3) - at the very least have the decency to stack this note. Better would be to move it out from under the stream entirely there is no reason you had to go that direction at that point. You could make 2 a 90 degree rotation of 1 instead of 180 and solve the whole issue easily.
00:16:336 (4) - again, I'm sure there are 100 better places for this note that aren't as confusing and you could at least stack it under something, but curving around the outside from 2 would work as well...basically, stop putting notes in places where they can't be read for no reason other than you can.
00:29:944 (3) - a more minor example
00:53:944 (3) - another example
01:00:372 (1) - im sure you can find a place that isnt under a green slider for this.
01:01:015 (1) - this overlap isnt bad per se but you should set 1 up to be symmetrical about some part of 2, perhaps like this: http://puu.sh/1GHgC
01:05:836 (4) - no. The start of this slider is completely hidden under a slider that ends .15 seconds previously. That is not ok. Move it.
01:06:158 (5) - ^
02:26:408 (2,3) - ^
02:38:086 (1) - this does not need to be under green 3
03:25:551 (2) - same as earliest problems
03:41:515 (1) - why is this spinner so long in silence?
ok this wasnt quite as bad as it looked at the beginning but its still ridic overmapped, especially your symmetric slider streams (i.e. 03:08:944 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ) and could stand quite a bit of aesthetic improvement

[Origin]
looks good

[Saten]
this, too, suffers from chronic overmap. Alas.
00:56:729 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - unnecessary overmap
02:12:426 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
02:31:015 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1) - ^
03:12:372 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - nice!
03:41:515 (1) - again, I don't understand your spinner end

Soooo yeah other than the one diff this set looks pretty good.
show more