forum

[Unsolvable] Skinning Top Bar of Song Selection Screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tifufu
I skinned the top bar of the song selection screen in my [selection-mode-png] file so whenever i enter a song the top bar moves downward as well, is there a work around to this?

If there's no way around this i'll just increase my png height and add some kewl stuff to see when it moves down
dtnc21
Yeah, that part up there wasn't meant to be skinned in any way. You're stuck with it.
Lyawi
There's no way.

edit: nice ninja, dtnc21
Baack
Looks like a nice skin, care to publish it?
autoteleology
That's just the trade-off of how the element works.
Frogsi

[Phoenix] wrote:

I skinned the top bar of the song selection screen in my [selection-mode-png] file so whenever i enter a song the top bar moves downward as well, is there a work around to this?

If there's no way around this i'll just increase my png height and add some kewl stuff to see when it moves down
Closed? @Mods
Topic Starter
Tifufu

Forzaken4K wrote:

Looks like a nice skin, care to publish it?
Just started wokring on it last week, can look for post under 'Work in Progress Skins' later today or this week
Topic Starter
Tifufu
hm?
Lyawi
At the moment you cannot post in WIP, but it's fine here too
Lolis life
A bit of a problem, while I was trying out the top bar selection screen, I seem to find out dimensions, but biggest problem was at the top of the top bar, for the song and diff names. Some are really big resulting to this

As you see, some of the words are being blocked. Thats :/

(btw, these are just test sprites)

(btww, i just noticed that this chat was 6 months ago so i must have autism)
RockRoller

Lolis life wrote:

A bit of a problem, while I was trying out the top bar selection screen, I seem to find out dimensions, but biggest problem was at the top of the top bar, for the song and diff names. Some are really big resulting to this

I guess you used selection-mode for this. Selection-mode has a higher layer than the text, this means it will cover the text if there is some below it. The only option to avoid this is to use mode-osu/taiko/fruits/mania-small. I would suggest you to simply look at other skins like the anime assemble skins to figure out how to use mode-x-small.
Lolis life

RockRoller wrote:

Lolis life wrote:

I guess you used selection-mode for this. Selection-mode has a higher layer than the text, this means it will cover the text if there is some below it. The only option to avoid this is to use mode-osu/taiko/fruits/mania-small. I would suggest you to simply look at other skins like the anime assemble skins to figure out how to use mode-x-small.

Ohhh I see, Thank you. Is it okay if you could list some examples from a skin? You don't have to, but that would be helpful.
RockRoller
Lolis life

RockRoller wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/729681
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/719208

Thanks mate