forum

sasakure.UK feat. Hatsune Miku - *Hello,Planet.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Garven
[Solo]
03:24:885 (1) - You should silence the ticks during this combo
04:15:085 (7) - The alignment feels slightly off. Maybe move down about a grid and left half or so.
04:39:485 (5) - This speed up is just weird. Maybe make it a little less extreme, at least?

[MP]
00:50:085 (8,9) - Maybe apply drum sounds to these sliders? They sound really muddled with the soft sound set so it feels off.
03:23:685 (1) - You should silence the ticks during this section
03:31:885 (2,3) - This spacing read a little odd, especially since you follow it up with 03:32:485 (6,1) - You would also expect jumps to accompany the cymbal crashes, not an interlude to a light chiptune lilt.
04:11:485 (4,6) - Sliderwhistle on sliderslide D: Sounds like D: D: D: D:
04:13:085 (1,2) - ^
04:19:085 (5) - ^
04:22:085 (7) - If you had it on this slider, I could accept it, but alas, 'tis silent.
04:52:485 (1,2,1) - Suddenly way too quiet. Make this decrescendo more gradual.

This song makes me cry a little. ;_;
Low
Squeezing a mod in here.

[SOLO MISSION]
  1. 00:05:418 (7,8,9) - I found that this is rather difficult to read as this first part of the song changes between 1/3 and 1/4 streams. To make this more readable, I would end 00:04:885 (6) one 1/3 tick shorter, and start a 1/3 repeat slider where (6) previously ended. Example goes here.
  2. 00:23:818 (1) - Kinda sounds awkward the way you have it snapped at the moment. If you want this to be more awesome, more accurate to the music (listen to this part at 25% speed), and less odd-sounding, I would just make this a normal 1/3 repeat slider as so.
  3. 01:44:685 (5,6) - This is hard to read while playing it for the first time. Also, why even have a 1/4 jump this large when the 1/4 distance spacing in this difficulty has previously been at a normal/consistent spacing? That's pretty silly.
  4. 02:50:085 (3) - You're missing a clap at the beginning of this slider.
[MULTIPLAYER]
  1. Wait.. what is this doing here right at the beginning of the map?
  2. 01:00:885 (1,2,3) - I thought there were in normal 1/2 snap due to the fact that their spacing is so close to the 1/2 spacing. I would space them out a bit more or turn at least the first one into a slider so that a player would know that the notes after that slider are most likely in the same beat.
  3. 01:36:885 (1,2) - I'd be safe and move this a bit (1 or 2 grids) from it's original location because I almost messed this part off.
  4. 04:52:485 (1,2,1) - Like Garven said; it just suddenly gets quiet here.
Topic Starter
Faust
Applied a good portion of the suggestions respectively, and updated !
Garven
Did a couple more minor mods that I already forgot what they contained because I wanted to say this:

To the map that I bubbled 6 months ago, オハヨーハヨー♪

Bubble #1 for approval!
Low
\ ( ・ω・) /
MMzz
Hello!

[MULTIPLAYER]
00:17:985 (7) - Maybe stack a note ontop of this at the red tick? Yeah there is no beat there but this will make the pattern a bit more intuitive and easier to catch onto instead of the pause the song creates. This is just a suggestion though, players should be able to pick up on the rhythm here after a try or so.
00:19:485 (6) - Start the new combo here instead of 1? Seeing as the vocal phrase starts on this beat!
00:50:485 (9) - Right here is feels like you are making the rhythm of the circles more complicated to hit than it should be. Yes you are following the song exactly and that isn't the problem, but the way the notes are places is. If you take this repeat slider and make it 3 repeats then adding a note to start to stream it will play more intuitively. It will keep the player starting the stream on the red tick and not offbeat on the blue tick. It serves as a better connection into the 1/4 stream rather then starting it on the 2nd 1/4 note. (Sorry if this is too complicated lol.) The same theory can be applied to 00:49:485 (4) - but as that is 1/4 it is more predictable, while 1/6 rhythms are very uncommon in today's mapping standards and need to be handled carefully.
01:00:885 (1) - Rhythms like this are always a bit shaky on the grounds of readability. With the spacing almost similar to the normal 1/2 spacing the player has to rely heavily on the hitcircles to understand this rhythm at first glance rather then feeling the rhythm through the original beatplacement/spacing. An easy to way to get around issues is making the first three notes a repeat slider, this way the player is taught the rhythm and can resume into the more complex part without worries. But just like my first suggestion most players can pick this up easy after playing a few times, so this is only a suggestion.
01:36:885 (1) - Could you change the combo color on this? I'm asking because the previous slider that was overlapping is also a shade of pink and almost blinded me from the fact there is a similar slider under it. If you make this the green/blue shade you are using it will be more distinguishable.
01:50:285 (3) - Start the combo here instead of the next note? Seeing as these are sort of connected it would make more sense they are in the same combo.

[SOLO MISSION]
00:37:685 (10) - Totally nitpicking but lift up this curve a little? Just for a nice blanket. xD
02:03:085 (7) - Any reason this is spaced to close to the previous pattern? It made me break at first glance and I'm really not getting it. I would rather it be normally spaced apart.

Ok that's all! Everything is just suggestions, so go over it and decide what you want to do then call me back for bubble #2.
Topic Starter
Faust

MMzz wrote:

Hello!

[MULTIPLAYER]
00:17:985 (7) - Maybe stack a note ontop of this at the red tick? Yeah there is no beat there but this will make the pattern a bit more intuitive and easier to catch onto instead of the pause the song creates. This is just a suggestion though, players should be able to pick up on the rhythm here after a try or so.
00:19:485 (6) - Start the new combo here instead of 1? Seeing as the vocal phrase starts on this beat!
00:50:485 (9) - Right here is feels like you are making the rhythm of the circles more complicated to hit than it should be. Yes you are following the song exactly and that isn't the problem, but the way the notes are places is. If you take this repeat slider and make it 3 repeats then adding a note to start to stream it will play more intuitively. It will keep the player starting the stream on the red tick and not offbeat on the blue tick. It serves as a better connection into the 1/4 stream rather then starting it on the 2nd 1/4 note. (Sorry if this is too complicated lol.) The same theory can be applied to 00:49:485 (4) - but as that is 1/4 it is more predictable, while 1/6 rhythms are very uncommon in today's mapping standards and need to be handled carefully.
01:00:885 (1) - Rhythms like this are always a bit shaky on the grounds of readability. With the spacing almost similar to the normal 1/2 spacing the player has to rely heavily on the hitcircles to understand this rhythm at first glance rather then feeling the rhythm through the original beatplacement/spacing. An easy to way to get around issues is making the first three notes a repeat slider, this way the player is taught the rhythm and can resume into the more complex part without worries. But just like my first suggestion most players can pick this up easy after playing a few times, so this is only a suggestion.
01:36:885 (1) - Could you change the combo color on this? I'm asking because the previous slider that was overlapping is also a shade of pink and almost blinded me from the fact there is a similar slider under it. If you make this the green/blue shade you are using it will be more distinguishable.
01:50:285 (3) - Start the combo here instead of the next note? Seeing as these are sort of connected it would make more sense they are in the same combo.

[SOLO MISSION]
00:37:685 (10) - Totally nitpicking but lift up this curve a little? Just for a nice blanket. xD
02:03:085 (7) - Any reason this is spaced to close to the previous pattern? It made me break at first glance and I'm really not getting it. I would rather it be normally spaced apart.

Ok that's all! Everything is just suggestions, so go over it and decide what you want to do then call me back for bubble #2.
Both suggestions taken for SOLO, and the 2nd & last ones taken on MULTI
MMzz
Bubble #2!
Aurele
"feat. Hatsune Miku"?
yeah ok, the video..
Breeze
[SOLO MISSION]

1. 00:23:751 (1) - Hmm, 1/12 snapped? seems 1/12 beat and 4 reverse sounds better
[MULTIPLAYER]

1. 00:23:685 (9) - How about 1/12 and 5 reverse
  2. 01:00:885 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Hmm, why those 3/4 beats use the same spacing? Confusing :/
Call me back
Topic Starter
Faust

Breeze wrote:

[SOLO MISSION]

1. 00:23:751 (1) - Hmm, 1/12 snapped? seems 1/12 beat and 4 reverse sounds better
[MULTIPLAYER]

1. 00:23:685 (9) - How about 1/12 and 5 reverse
  2. 01:00:885 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Hmm, why those 3/4 beats use the same spacing? Confusing :/
Call me back
All done !

The 1/12 beats are an excellent observation, thanks !
Breeze
Approved
BeatofIke
Map is on FIRE!
Congrats :D
Pokie
Woooo >w< Grats Faust~
Cygnus
YES!!
ShadowSoul
OMG OMG OMG FINALLY
Gloria Guard
Faust Gratz!!
Suzully
Oh finally! :)
y u c a
someone changed my part many times without my permission, so i wanna remove my name in this collab because it is not my part anymore :)
thanks and grats :)
Garven
少し遅いyuca ww

Congrats, Faust! Its been a long time coming, for sure.
James

y u c a wrote:

someone changed my part many times without my permission, so i wanna remove my name in this collab because it is not my part anymore :)
thanks and grats :)
deleted. next time specially for that "someone", ask permission from the mapper who mapped which is which before changing anything. changing without any notification is a very rude to do IMO, specially if that someone is a BAT or MAT omg
Snowy Dream
Nice Job ! Congratz :3
Topic Starter
Faust
Thanks to everyone's contributions, and my panel of guest mappers for their understanding and patience.
Mixagji
Faust \:D/
Natsu
Congratz :3
popner
wow :3
Laurier
yey!
zeroclover
need more sasakure.UK please
Low
Wonderful
alejandraandrea
beautiful
-Neipezi
congratz :oops:
Cloudchaser
I think it needs a fix on the artist:

So, the fix must be:
Artist: sasakura.UK
Tags: Hatsune Miku etc etc.

also, great map!
Low

-Cloudchaser wrote:

So, the fix must be:
Artist: sasakura.UK

also, great map!
Download the map with the video and watch the end of it.
Cloudchaser

Jacob wrote:

-Cloudchaser wrote:

So, the fix must be:
Artist: sasakure.UK

also, great map!
Download the map with the video and watch the end of it.
That's ok, but the rules says that "Vocaloid names must NEVER be on the artist". Even if in the artist from the album says the name of the vocaloid.
Nessuka
Author prefers "Sasakure-P" as his alias for Vocaloid songs he does. js.

Good map tho
Topic Starter
Faust
Chile man.