forum

biku: program for viewing the pp of all your recent replays

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sval001
Biku 1.2
What it does
It gets the recent replays from the folder Data/r or scores.db located in the osu! folder. From each replay it calculates the pp for each one from its accuracy and combo. This is the final result:

Before using! :!:
  1. The first time you start the program, make sure you have osu! closed.
  2. If you have installed in another location than Program Files/x86, you will prompted to select your osu! folder location.
  3. You don't have to insert a osu! API key when first asked, but for the best user experience it is recommended in doing so. (You can do it later)
    More info here.
  4. Biku will store in the same path is located a file called biku-cache (it is a hidden file, so you won't see it unless have activated that on Win folder options). This file is for storing a minified osu!db with osu filehashes and filenames, also the location of the osu! folder and your osu! API key if you set it.
  5. Because biku-cache stores your osu! API key, DO NOT SHARE the file biku-cache.gob with ANYONE. (I know you probably won't anyways, but it's worth mentioning)
Download
32bit version: biku-x86.exe
64bit version: biku.exe

Changelog
  1. v1.2: Fixed bug from v1.1.1
  2. v.1.1.1: Added Appdata/Local/osu! to default locations
  3. v1.1: allow to select "All time" in time filter, and few optimisations
  4. v1.0.2: Take in account BeatmapDirectory from osu! settings, thanks to lubieerror for pointing it out and also solving it.
    Save to file the stacktrace in case of panic/crash
  5. v1.0.1: Now it shows more accurate pp values (before it was off by ~5%) and fixed the grading system.
How it works
For calculating the pp it is needed the .osu file, and since the osu! replay file only saves the hash of the .osu file, it is needed to access to osu!db file and create a dictionary of .osu hashes. Because we don't want to interfere with osu!db while osu! is open, the biku-cache stores a minimal version of the osu!db

The source can be found in github

Virustotal scans 1 | 2. Some AV says it is malicious code, don't know if your antivirus will detect it as a malware. In any case, these are false positives.
FINGERLOCK
neat
Mitt Aim Suger
a bug i found is that it calculates scores with 1 SB only as an FC, giving incorrect pp values.
[L]0LLo
how do i reach C:\Users\qwert\AppData\Local\osu! with this? https://i.imgur.com/cswb0IE.png
Shiro
This is amazing. Makes me want to get back into the game.
Bakuenjin
Great tool!
Maybe you could also implement something like a "Topranks Mode" where he calculates your global pp based on the 100 best plays from the selected timespan.
Topic Starter
sval001

[L]0LLo wrote:

how do i reach C:\Users\qwert\AppData\Local\osu! with this? https://i.imgur.com/cswb0IE.png
Ahhh, since AppData is a hidden folder, it will be not accessible. I will change that dialog for the standard file chooser in windows.

Mitt Aim Suger wrote:

a bug i found is that it calculates scores with 1 SB only as an FC, giving incorrect pp values.
SB? Storyboard? :o I don't know what are you referring with SB.

Bakuenjin wrote:

Great tool!
Maybe you could also implement something like a "Topranks Mode" where he calculates your global pp based on the 100 best plays from the selected timespan.
That's a good idea! I will try working on it soon.
Mitt Aim Suger
SB as in sliderbreak
Spytes
Thanks for making this. I've been looking for something like this for years
Topic Starter
sval001

Mitt Aim Suger wrote:

SB as in sliderbreak
I will look into it, but it is strange because I don't manage info about sliderbreaks nor analyze the replay, I only get the combo and accuracy from the replay directly and then pass that to oppai.

Spytes wrote:

Thanks for making this. I've been looking for something like this for years
You're welcome. :D I appreciate Franc[e]sco for making oppai since without it, this would've been very difficult to make.
Jonirulah
The speed/performance of this is so good, it's actually very fast getting information from the API and parsing it. And it really shows interesting things of the Gameplay

I like it, thanks for your hard work and you should add a Donate button in the program, just if some people wanna thank your job. But i don't know if that's allowed.

Thank you, great tool and useful.
Kingkevin30
would be cool if this would also support the other game-modes :3
Xirmith

Joniruler wrote:

you should add a Donate button in the program, just if some people wanna thank your job.
I'd most likely be willing to donate, great job on this.
Topic Starter
sval001

Xirmith wrote:

Joniruler wrote:

you should add a Donate button in the program, just if some people wanna thank your job.
I'd most likely be willing to donate, great job on this.
I will add a donation link in the first post, if anyone wants to donate.

[L]0LLo wrote:

Actually, you can put biku.exe inside your osu! folder and will not ask about the osu! folder. Then you can create a shortcut or keep it in the taskbar after you open it for easier access. Still, in the next version I will let set the osu! folder path from a txt file containing the path.

Kingkevin30 wrote:

would be cool if this would also support the other game-modes :3
It will, but first I need the implementations of pp calculation of other game-modes. I know oppai now includes pp for taiko, so I try including it too.
DeletedUser_10414170
Cool program, but maps like Ming's aspire break the program into thinking you got infinite pp, since it calculates it as a map with infinite stars.
ynot01
Is there a way to export the loaded scores in a .txt file or something?
Kayla

sval001 wrote:

[L]0LLo wrote:

Ahhh, since AppData is a hidden folder, it will be not accessible. I will change that dialog for the standard file chooser in windows.

Mitt Aim Suger wrote:

SB? Storyboard? :o I don't know what are you referring with SB.

Bakuenjin wrote:

Great tool!
That's a good idea! I will try working on it soon.
you can just put it in your osu folder and launch it, since its a local folder.
Goodie
a bug i found:
If you get an A rank because you got too many 50s but you still got no misses it counts as an s rank. This might be the same for getting an fc with extremely low accuracy
Topic Starter
sval001

Goodie36 wrote:

a bug i found:
If you get an A rank because you got too many 50s but you still got no misses it counts as an s rank. This might be the same for getting an fc with extremely low accuracy
My bad, there are some mistakes I made when copying the scoring system for the grades. I will fix this.

Thanks for the feedback!

ynot01 wrote:

Is there a way to export the loaded scores in a .txt file or something?
I can put a button for exporting the scores. But I don't know if the fields in the .txt file should be customisable or not.
Skrubba
Very nifty, except it's always like 5% percent off, which makes it a bit useless. Fix it, and this program would be a no-brainer for every osu player.
show more