forum

Official Beatmapping Contest #1

posted
Total Posts
show more
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Echo
OK, we have decided to extend closing date to 0000 hours Sunday 12th October, giving you an extra week to pull something out of your hat.
GladiOol
I'm haven't really signed up, or what so ever (or watched etc.) such like these competitions before.
(Stupid questions up ahead! xD)
But I would like to join this, but how to upload anonymous? Just upload the map in game or post in forums?
(I'm sorry if I'm misunderstood in the beginning, I'm not that good with English some times :P )
Topic Starter
Echo
Just click the link in the first post, and upload from that form. It'll make it anonymous for you ;)
ash
So, wait; you can only upload .osu files? That means storyboarding is not at all allowed in this contest? It would seem there's no other way to enter a storyboard without losing anonymity.
Topic Starter
Echo

Echo wrote:

There's something in one of the menus that will help you (sorry, can't be any less cryptic than that)
+ a comment box when submitting
YoshiKart
Is the prize an insta-rank? :P

A couple questions:

What percent of the song would you suggest as the total play time?

Do you generally allow short breaks?

What kind of maximum score are you looking for on Normal and Hard? About a mil and 2 mil respectively?

I'm guessing that's pretty much at my own judgment, since judges shouldn't give suggestions. :? :)
Topic Starter
Echo
1. Yes, winners are instaranked (with any corrections necessary)
2. As long as it works
3. As long as it works
4. I don't look at total score, and it's not in the criteria *hint* :P
m980
Timing dosen't sound right after the first "verse"..
(Everyday's a Saturday)

But hell if I can get a better timing thing.
YoshiKart
When does the contest end? In about 1 hour and 20 minutes? I lost track of time. :(
awp
October 12th. As soon as October 12th starts.
YoshiKart
Perth time?
Ekaru

awp wrote:

October 12th. As soon as October 12th starts.
*In GMT+8

If you live on, say, the East coast, it'd be -4GMT, to -12 in all, so... It's 12 PM EST, 11 AM CST, 10 AM MST, 9 AM PST. Dunno about Alaska.

GMT = 4 PM, so you can do the math from there if you live in a different time zone. =P
YoshiKart
Good night! =P

Maybe I'll sumbit Every Day's A Saturday as a beatmap that's not for the contest. I don't like unfinished submissions. D:

Well, it's been fun. :D
Topic Starter
Echo
12 hours 47 minutes to go (at the time of this post)
Saturos
Oh shit, I better get on judging duty.
James
judging what?
YoshiKart
Lol, I fail'd hard.

I mean, I fail'd Hard.
silasw
Any progress?
Saturos
I finished judging everything Sunday night, but apparently I'm the only one to have done that yet. >>
Metalik
Where is results?
James
i ate them all not yet done
Metalik
Where is results?
Zerostarry

Metalik wrote:

Where is results?
Judges arent finished
James
Okay, here are the results...

kidding. :P
Topic Starter
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
YoshiKart
Who's not done? peppy is. =P
Saturos
Tapdancing. ;x

Gogogogo~
Tapdancingmetroid
I've got four more.
I'll try to finish ASAP.
Though I've got some homework to finish, among other things... :cry:
Hopefully I'll finish by today or tomorow :oops:
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Man you guys judge sloooooow.

BUNCHA NUBS

j/k

Still can't wait to see who won~
Tapdancingmetroid
Yay I finished judging. :D
Ekaru
Now we just need Echo!

*echoes*

...Ah poo. Hopefully he'll get on... in a week or so.
awp
Word from the wise:

When Hito says j/k she doesn't mean "I'm just kidding" - she just doesn't want you to feel badly about what she thinks. And you shouldn't~
James
lukewarmholiday

James wrote:

awp wrote:

Word from the wise:

When Hito says j/k she doesn't mean "I'm just kidding" - she just doesn't want you to feel badly about what she thinks. And you shouldn't~
Topic Starter
Echo
YoshiKart
Ekaru
What? My slider clusterfuck on JP Normal didn't win? *gasp*

All sarcasm aside, awp's entries are fun as heck. The contest was nice, not to mention nice song choices.

Do another one. I want to submit a real entry, now that I can actually map something that's not a clusterfuck!

Let's see how my predictions went:

1. In the English category, awp would do well.

We all know how that went...

2. Pokebis would take the Japanese Normal category

Goddammit, so close.

3. Someone that's well known would take Japanese Hard

Oh shoot, that one's right too.

4. I wouldn't place, since I was aiming for a really low placing.

Oh shoot again.

5. The judging would take a while.

OH SHOOT.
---------------------
*prays there's a next one*

And congrats to the winners for winning. And congrats for the people that didn't place for getting the courage to spend time and submitting and entry. :)

...-100 points if you hinted that you were a first timer in your entry, for obvious reasons. :D Although two people I don't know much did take some 3rds. Super congrats to you guys for getting a good place. NOW MAP SOME MORE. <_<; *Ahem* I mean, map more please. I wanna see more from you two. ;)
silasw
Sweet.
show more