forum

What is the most important in anime for you?

posted
Total Posts

What is the most important in anime for you?

Story
31.85%
Characters
23.33%
Animations
5.19%
Drawing Style
9.26%
Genre
7.41%
Fighting and Action Scenes
1.85%
Drama and Heart touching moments
7.04%
Music
8.52%
Merchandise and Cosplay
0.37%
Cute and Moe things
5.19%
Total votes: 270
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
Hi guys this is my first topic in this forum ^^

The question is: What is the most important in anime for you?

Is it the action you want or very good drawing style or the story? You can chose up to 2 options.
I am curious to see the result ..

For me it is Story and Characters ;)
adam2046
Entertainment.
Rantai
I'm not sure actually.

Genre is probably the top one.

Characters and drawing style together, a second maybe.
Ekaru
Characters and music. Whenever I'm in the mood for a good story, I just read a book. :P
blissfulyoshi
Comedic Value would probably have been the number one for me, but that is not there.

Besides that, I guess animation and fighting scenes (fighting scenes are basically a subset of animation because good fighting scenes require solid animation). Even if you have horrible plot and only okay characters, you can easily make up for a lot of stuff by keeping high tension action scenes to keep the viewer drawn in, or various scenes that the viewer can appreciate for their artistic value. On the other hand, most plots in anime are adapted from some source I read before, rushed, take way too long to develop, or cliche. It has gotten to the point where I can barely care about the plot itself. Instead, I rather watch shows like that for situational humor and other things that might entertain me.
Amaterasu_old
I don't care much for the genre, as long as either the plot is nice OR it has a good comedy aspect in it.

I care a lot about the animation/drawing style though. No matter how good the plot is, when the art isn't good enough, I won't watch it.
mathexpert
Depends if I want a light-hearted/heartwarming/soothing casual anime. Then it would be moe & cute stuff, comedy, character, etc.
However, for a plot heavy anime like clannad, it would prolly be story & characters.
AyumiTouguu
The genres for sure
Hiryuu_old
More than 2 actually
Story, Genre, Animations, Characters, Drawing style and Action & Fighting scenes :3
NoHitter
Story and characters.
I don't see how you can have a great anime (or even any great cartoon/movie/show) without those two.
The other factors are just "toppings" to make it even better.

Edit: Fixed :(
ampzz

NoHItter wrote:

Story and characters.
I don't see how you can have a great anime (or even any great cartoon/movie/show) without those who.
The other factors are just "toppings" to make it even better.
About it really.
Tenshi

NoHItter wrote:

. . . without those who
:P

OT: "Fighting and Action Scenes" and "Drama and Heart touching moments" pretty much go with "Genre"; "Animations" and "Drawing Style" relate to each other.

So I'm gonna have to go with the art in general and the story; characters a third with music as a bonus.
Verdisphena

okay
naira-chan
Plot - I want to watch an anime that has introduction, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution.
Genre - I cannot watch horror, hentai, and super gory anime shows because I might get a heart attack.

Oh yeah... the anime must be complete/finished or else, even if the plot is okay and the genres I like are there, I will not watch it.

This also applies to the mangas I read.
Soly
Firo Prochainezo
I find animation and drawing style pretty important, but I'm also a sucker for eye candy, so.
PsychoSkill
Story and Character!

There are many Genre, which I like.... but the important things are Story and Charackter.... If they aren't good, the genre will be incidental.

The music is important too... but if the music isn't good, the story won't be bad through this...
danyTdog
:)
Topic Starter
Hanyuu

Soly wrote:

Character, story & music. Music especially is pretty damn important for climatic moments. I get goosebumps sometimes if the music fits the scene really well.
Hehe yes now that you say it. I feel so too. Maybe i should have enabled 3 options to vote :P
AzureKikinak
Story nuff said

and

Drama/heart touching moments, whether the heart touching moments are like the ones in Clannad or Heart touching moments where a piece of cold hard steel is doing the touching is fine with me ;). For me having drama or HTMs keeps me watching
show more