forum

Mafia Game [Town Win]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rantai
@ pieguy, nah that's good enough for me, I just wanted to see your reasoning. Though I still heavily disagree for the most part.
LadySuburu

Swiftwolf Yellowtail wrote:

There is a 50-50 chance as to whether or not the mafia gets to know about my role.
This makes me pretty sure that NoHItter is mafia, but Hammering right now would be a horrible idea for multiple reasons.

Also, someone viewing this thread, mind posting something real quick?
Rantai
Hi, I am posting in this thread with the intention of fulfilling a request.
LadySuburu

Rantai wrote:

Hi, I am posting in this thread with the intention of fulfilling a request.
Awesome, thanks. Now I don't have to worry as much anymore.
LadySuburu
I should mention that the results of Mashley's flip invalidated the main reason I was suspicious of DxS.
Rantai
Should I stop trying to understand?

No actually I'll sleep first, it's been a long day.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
"Nearly no way to tell"? Guess you people haven't checked the clues.

Roleclaim: Fanatic Worshiper (ie: Cop, Psychic)

Option 1: Every night, I'm allowed to pray to my god and ask for someone's role. However, my god is cruel, and gives me a 50-50 chance. One side of that is to be unnoticed. The other is to have my role given to the mafia. (NoHitter CONFIRMED the second half by stating that I am part cop. PLUS, he even STATED that I had another role!)

Option 2: If it is night 1, I am able to sacrifice myself. Of course, doing so does nothing. However, I am able to submit TWO names and get their information. Instead of getting this information myself, it goes to two other people. I have a feeling that DxS watched me in this situation, but right now, all I know is that NoHitter is mafia.
NoHitter
Oh well gg for me.
Man why do I always get unlucky when it comes to Cops.
As planned, self-hammer time to cut discussion.
BTW guys, you can't post after the hammer as it's Night time already :D

Had fun guys. Oh and I don't know if you would believe me but I was actually scumhunting for the SK. Not that you guys will believe me.

Now that that's' over with...
Vote: NoHItter
Topic Starter
Two_old
Day 2 is now over. Give me a minute pls thx
Topic Starter
Two_old
Final Vote Count

NoHItter (7): Swiftwolf Yellowtail, Rantai, animask, 0_o, pieguy1372, Chris, NoHItter

Swiftwolf Yellowtail (1): DeathxShinigami

Not Voting: Rolled, LadySuburu, Wojjan, foulcoon, Lybydose

NoHItter - Mafia Graverobber was lynched
Topic Starter
Two_old
It's now Night 2. Send all night actions within 24 hours.
Topic Starter
Two_old
It's now Day 3. You wake up to find...

Rolled - Townsperson dead :(

You have 72 hours until nightfall.
Chris_old
Wojjan/Foulcoon/Lybydose haven't posted in 2 days

mod: prod ^
Topic Starter
Two_old
what do you think is different from a prod and that pm I sent everyone like 2 minutes ago
Chris_old
prod means they're required to post
Topic Starter
Two_old
I don't have a prodding rule. If inactivity becomes a problem, I'll just replace/modkill case by case.
Chris_old

Two wrote:

I don't have a prodding rule. If inactivity becomes a problem, I'll just replace/modkill case by case.
it's a problem now cause they haven't posted in 2 days~
0_o
Seeing as yesterday only lasted about 12 hours, and nobody posted for the last 24 hours, I'd say not posting for the last 48 hours is somewhat reasonable?
Topic Starter
Two_old
day 2 ended fast
Chris_old

0_o wrote:

Seeing as yesterday only lasted about 12 hours, and nobody posted for the last 24 hours, I'd say not posting for the last 48 hours is somewhat reasonable?
they are the only 3 which is why I called them out

none of them voted/posted at all

even though it doesn't prove guilt it's still more than worth pointing out

and not having prod rules is dumb
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Yeah, D2 did end quickly. Plus, my FoS from D1 was quite interesting. Remember when I FoS'd Wojjan? Yeah, I thought he was just being rude. Apparently, my investigations show him as part of the mafia, as well. Bye, Wojjan!

Vote: Wojjan
Chris_old
vote: Wojjan

wow if they're mafia I want an apology
Chris_old
though swift I am curious why they wouldn't kill a confirmed cop but rolled who was not only inactive but unconfirmed town
Chris_old
rantai my friend, don't lurk ~

give me your opinion on this
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
That's what I'm wondering, too. I roleclaimed cop, and even NoHitter confirmed it. There's a possibility that I was getting protected that night, and if that's the case, they want to take out the doctor, first.
Chris_old

That's what I'm wondering, too. I roleclaimed cop, and even NoHitter confirmed it. There's a possibility that I was getting protected that night, and if that's the case, they want to take out the doctor, first.
or maybe bus driver exists?

.. hopefully not a serial killer -_-
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Doctor or bus driver. I don't know which one exists, but I know what Wojjan is.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
..wait. If it IS a bus driver, wouldn't it have come up as such? I mean, if there IS one, wouldn't Rolled come up as such, and not townsperson?
Chris_old

..wait. If it IS a bus driver, wouldn't it have come up as such? I mean, if there IS one, wouldn't Rolled come up as such, and not townsperson?
Bus Drivers just switch what happens to two people during night actions.

Mafia tries to kill you.
Bus Driver switches you and Rolled.
Rolled dies instead.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
...Triple posting because I don't like to edit.

That is, IF he was the one that switched with me... then again, wouldn't that mean he would've been protected IF I was the one protected?

This doesn't make any sense.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
..ninja'd.

That's what I was getting at, Chris. But there's one thing that still doesn't register as right. Wouldn't it show that he's a bus driver?
Chris_old

..ninja'd.

That's what I was getting at, Chris. But there's one thing that still doesn't register as right. Wouldn't it show that he's a bus driver?

The bus driver doesn't have to switch with himself, he can switch any two people freely.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Confirmed your statement. Bus drivers may not be able to switch themselves.
LadySuburu
Speaking of those three, I know for sure that they couldn't have understood my meaning.

So, I no longer really see them as town. That leaves faceman as the only one on my list.

As for swift's investigation and lack of death, I only see two possibilities.

Doctor + SK - Swift was investigated and SK killed someone.

Bus Driver - Swapped swift and rolled.

A bus driver existing who did anything else but swap swift and someone would've just made a really bad move overall.
Rantai

I see no reason for Swift to lie.

I was wondering why Rolled was killed, bus driver makes sense. Then again with the doctors... more on this later, little busy.
LadySuburu
Not voting for a bit since I want people to actually get a chance to post and I barely even got two posts in yesterday before self-hammer ended the day.

Oh, by the way we can post after a lynch until Two posts that the day is officially over. I asked that after yesterday's event.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Yeah, I had a feeling NoHitter was pulling his last lie before Two made his post.
Rantai
Ok not so busy.

I'm going to run under the assumption that there isn't a doctor in this game. Going by that I doubt there is a SK around unless they are miraculously choosing the same targets or alternating kills.
foulcoon
Sorry for not posting guys, Day 2 literally lasted while I was at school/sleeping. I had a pretty rough night before that so I just didn't think to check it before school.

Swift did you actually check Wojjan or is this just a hunch?
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
I actually checked Wojjan.
foulcoon

plain and simple. If Swift is not paranoid we pretty much won already :D.
Topic Starter
Two_old
Vote Count

Wojjan (4): Swiftwolf Yellowtail, Chris, Rantai, foulcoon

11 people alive = 6 votes to lynch
0_o
I almost feel sorry for the mafia, really.

Not voting til everyone's had a chance to speak, just in case we're missing anything.
Lybydose
vote: Wojjan
Sleep Powder
I don't see any reason for Swift to be lying this time. I find it extremely odd, yet lucky that he investigated two mafia members in a row.

Sleep Powder
Oh and I think DxS might be mafia. I get the feeling I just got the hammer vote... oops.
LadySuburu
HoS: Lyby, animask.
Topic Starter
Two_old
Ookay Day 3 now over.

Wojjan - Mafia Leader was lynched

It's now Night 3. 24 hours until Day 4, send in night actions
Chris_old

LadySuburu wrote:

HoS: Lyby, animask.
definitely lybydose, only thing he posts are votes now :(

swift you should scan him n3
Wojjan
Posting on cell w restorant inteqnet. Cant check if it'r still d3 plz delete if not swift is paran or bs cop, or one of the remaining mafs is driver. Duno y no one mentioned mafdriver re: p26. Faceman's logic on hitter d2 (wrt probability) was bs and metawise last time he vouched w that in tf2maf he was blu. Chris is either an impatient dick or scum as shit, mbe both. Vote pieguy btw for shit reasoning all over the place and the bussing i called d1. Decent port coming soon.
Topic Starter
Two_old
Ending night prematurely. You wake up to find that...

Swiftwolf Yellowtail - Fanatic Worshipper (Cop/Psychic) was killed amongst a large pile of "Kill me, I'm a cop" warning signs.

It's now Day 4. You have 72 hours until nightfall.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch
Rantai
Um.

I take it our bus driver failed to save Swift.
0_o
Right now I'm actually thinking the mafia left Swift alone N2 because they thought he would be protected, thus leaving him free to kill the next night.
Rantai
What stops someone protecting him twice in a row?

But I do see your point.
0_o

Rantai wrote:

What stops someone protecting him twice in a row?

But I do see your point.
Traditionally, a doctor can't protect the same player consecutive nights. Though sometimes they ARE allowed if their protection is successful, thus making it even riskier for the mafia.
Rantai
Fair enough then.

It's nice that we've got 2 mafia down but the downfall to that is we've got very little to work on for the next one, those days went by way too fast >.<
Rantai
Slipping back into the previous posts again;

Wojjan wrote:

yeah that's true, you don't ever.

unvote

feeling pretty good about LS

LadySuburu wrote:

Feel free to lynch me if you'd like, just take the fact that I believe Wojjan and Lyby are almost guarenteed town into consideration once I flip.
These two stand out to me quite a bit right now. Now, aside from being quite cryptic (yep, I'm dumb), LS refused to vote on either bandwagon (granted the reasons were sound, but that's just convenient too). I'll think on this a bit more.

Just for reference - I believe, 0_o, pieguy, Chris and foulcoon (kind of) are town for now, judging by how I'm reading them. animask and DxS I have a null read on them. Lybydose and LS are the two I'm most wary about (LS moreso, Lybydose for his amazing lack of words).
Chris_old
Why do you think Foulcoon is town? He's been inactive for a while now~ (though possibly with an honest excuse, but who knows)

Lybydose has hardly posted at all since D2, only once to bandwagon Wojjan I think. Possibly to clear himself because he knew Wojjan was definitely going to get hammered and didn't want to not vote again for the confirmed Mafia. Not to mention Swift died when he was asked to scan him N3, though how long would Mafia really leave a cop alive? ^_^

faceman is probably the most confirmed town to me, but only based on the fact he pressured NoHitter so badly and helped complete the bandwagon against him and helped convince that he was most likely Mafia.

I still think LS is the Jester who ended up losing their role cause Lybydose called them out, losing post restrictions right after that happens is too convenient.

Animask saying oops about hammering a cop confirmed mafia member, wat.

DxS is inactive as usual, could go either way easily.

Rantai - Assuming town, nothing to confirm it yet though. Saying you believed foulcoon was town surprised me though, possible you + foulcoon are the last mafia alive.

pieguy I really have no thoughts about, been sorta inactive the past couple days. Didn't vote for Wojjan.
Rantai

Chris wrote:

I still think LS is the Jester who ended up losing their role cause Lybydose called them out, losing post restrictions right after that happens is too convenient.

Rantai - Assuming town, nothing to confirm it yet though. Saying you believed foulcoon was town surprised me though, possible you + foulcoon are the last mafia alive.
To clear up it's only a slight read on foulcoon.

Alright, time to give you something then and also to show why I don't think LS is a jester.

Roleclaim: Setup Watcher

Basically, every day I am given a list of how many of 4 types of roles are left (Vanillas, power roles, mafia and independents). I will say right now there is 1 mafia left and no independents. Meaning it's a 8v1 set up at this moment.

However I noticed someone was jumping between power role and mafia on day 1 and 2. I believe there is someone who swaps roles based on a trigger. My guess is if that person is voted, they swap alignment then swap back the next day. Now, before I give you numbers, I want to make sure that actually giving out aux role numbers won't hurt the town.

Opinion?
Chris_old

Rantai wrote:

To clear up it's only a slight read on foulcoon.

Alright, time to give you something then and also to show why I don't think LS is a jester.

Roleclaim: Setup Watcher

Basically, every day I am given a list of how many of 4 types of roles are left (Vanillas, power roles, mafia and independents). I will say right now there is 1 mafia left and no independents. Meaning it's a 8v1 set up at this moment.

However I noticed someone was jumping between power role and mafia on day 1 and 2. I believe there is someone who swaps roles based on a trigger. My guess is if that person is voted, they swap alignment then swap back the next day. Now, before I give you numbers, I want to make sure that actually giving out aux role numbers won't hurt the town.

Opinion?

I don't see how it's possible for someone to switch back and forth? .. wouldn't they like, know who the other Mafia are and be able to win it for town?

You wouldn't of been able to see LS as an independent though just for the fact they were called out D1 and possibly lost their alignment right there, unless your ability is used during the day. (and before that happened)

It's hard to believe there is only 1 mafia member left though, I'm assuming it's more along the lines of someone who comes up as town when they use their night ability. (possibly 1 shot?) <-- and oh I just realized this might be what you meant.

I don't think it would be beneficial to state how many of what are left in this game, though. Just keep us informed if the Mafia count hits 2, cause I doubt this was a 3v12 game.
Rantai

Chris wrote:

1.I don't see how it's possible for someone to switch back and forth? .. wouldn't they like, know who the other Mafia are and be able to win it for town?

2.You wouldn't of been able to see LS as an independent though just for the fact they were called out D1 and possibly lost their alignment right there, unless your ability is used during the day. (and before that happened)

3.It's hard to believe there is only 1 mafia member left though, I'm assuming it's more along the lines of someone who comes up as town when they use their night ability. (possibly 1 shot?) <-- and oh I just realized this might be what you meant.

4.I don't think it would be beneficial to state how many of what are left in this game, though. Just keep us informed if the Mafia count hits 2, cause I doubt this was a 3v12 game.
1. I am unsure how it works, I'll copy paste my notes on mafia numbers for you though.

Mafia - 3 - 4 - 2 - 1
2. There have been 0 independents the whole game, believe it or not. It has been 0 the whole way through.

3. I found it hard to believe too on the first day, then I saw the jump on day 2 and went... uh what? I waited for the next 2 days to see if it wasn't a periodic thing (ie alignment mafia on even days) .

4. Ok, I won't reveal what's left. I bet I'm dead tonight though.
Chris_old

Rantai wrote:

4. Ok, I won't reveal what's left. I bet I'm dead tonight though.
Don't bet on it friend. :)
Rantai
I found it hard to believe there was 3 mafia members*
Rantai
Oh and assuming my hypothesis is correct (or even on the off chance it's right) please refrain from voting, use FoS or w/e until we know who we want to lynch.

Last thing we need is to create another mafia.

Good night, see you in the morning.
Chris_old
The Mafia Spy shows up as Town to Cops, but the Mafia can "call them back" at any time to make them full members of the Mafia at any time. (Obviously, the Mafia would know that the Mafia Spy exists.)
^ I assume this would work for your role as well, which would explain the interesting numbers you gathered.
Chris_old