1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted

pinhamadeira wrote:

Theyre not hard. I just cant read it properly, and Im not talking about acc, because i CAN acc
Profile says otherwise

But yeah, the most detailed answer I or anyone else should give you is play Low AR maps, they help.

pinhamadeira wrote:

Yes it wont. I didnt improve at all. I cant read anything. Not just patterns. I need around 30 retries on a 4* star to FC it, even ir its 30 sec, because most of the time i sh1tmiss
If you're so sure that you can't improve then why are you even playing/asking a question?
posted

pinhamadeira wrote:

Play more
the answer is always in your thread starting post
everyone improve at different rate so don't compare yourself to other people, but compare yourself to only yourself
i started off this game being stuck with the hard difficulty of this map for 3 months straight (because i only play few hours a week and whenever i came online i always play this map alone, but that's another story really)
point being made im still better than most people that's playing this game right now despite having a shitty start compare to other people
heck one of my friend that freshly joined osu for the first week is already better than me after 4 months of playing
posted

Nattsun wrote:

Most of my SS plays are actually impressive
niec
posted

SirOxorsid wrote:

pinhamadeira wrote:

Theyre not hard. I just cant read it properly, and Im not talking about acc, because i CAN acc
Profile says otherwise

But yeah, the most detailed answer I or anyone else should give you is play Low AR maps, they help.

pinhamadeira wrote:

Yes it wont. I didnt improve at all. I cant read anything. Not just patterns. I need around 30 retries on a 4* star to FC it, even ir its 30 sec, because most of the time i sh1tmiss
If you're so sure that you can't improve then why are you even playing/asking a question?
Yes i can acc but to have both acc and FC it has to be really lucky run lol (i got a few around 94-97? Not to good but meh not so bad either for me)
And Im asking cause there might be a "special" way to get better at it?? Which seems to be ez and old maps
posted
Not sure what reading you're referring to.

But low AR: play old maps, edit maps to AR 7-8

If you're just bad at reading patterns in general: Play more, specifically play large variety of maps cause your pattern recognition is very limited from small map pool, play more and you're more likely to able to hit similar patterns in other maps.

Also improve your tapping consistency, your tapping is not intuitive enough for you to read patterns in the first place, mostly you probably rely heavily on visuals for tapping rather than audio, even if you manage to aim difficult patterns your tapping will lag/you'll mash.

And no 100 hours is no where enough, get 500 hours and you'll still get play more comments

pinhamadeira wrote:

Yes i can acc but to have both acc and FC it has to be really lucky run lol (i got a few around 94-97? Not to good but meh not so bad either for me)
97% is bad acc
posted

Nattsun wrote:

Do you recommend someone who can't swim to go alone to the beach and jump into the sea?
You don't really risk your life by playing a 7* map you can't hope to play properly now do you?

Nattsun wrote:

Also, a rhythm game is supposed to be a game that focuses mainly on the music and the player following the beat, mashing has nothing to do with it and that's not how a rhythm game is supposed to be played...
Yes but "rhythm game" is a guideline not a rule so you can actually play it however you want as long as you have fun doing it

Nattsun wrote:

Excuses, if you git guud scores will come naturally, it has nothing to do with investing time. For some weird reason I shit out top plays when I improve and I do sightread everything :VVVVVVVVVVV
8/10 of my top plays were sightreads after a few days of grinding pure skill so yeah if you git gud scores will come naturally indeed

Nattsun wrote:

I don't SS easy maps. All of my FCs are 4*+, the ones that ain't got DTd to make them 4*+ lol. Most of my SS plays are actually impressive, some of them have a handful of SS plays, but whatever.
Weren't talking about you there but me. I used to grind my SS count on easy/normal/hard maps and for some reason I was judged for it because "it wasn't out of my comfort zone and didn't help me improve at all" but I was just doing what I felt like was fun

Nattsun wrote:

No, you don't have to aim to be #1, just don't invest a truckload of time into something with literally no return. Enjoying the game and playing for fun is enough to improve.
You'd have to have some dumb playstyle like aiming with your dick and tapping with your balls for no return. Heck even then you'd learn how to play like that. There is no such thing as "investing your time into something with literally no return" because no matter what you do, you will get better at some aspects of the game
posted
Skill can't be farmed, only talent matters.
posted

HK_ wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Do you recommend someone who can't swim to go alone to the beach and jump into the sea?
You don't really risk your life by playing a 7* map you can't hope to play properly now do you?

Nattsun wrote:

Also, a rhythm game is supposed to be a game that focuses mainly on the music and the player following the beat, mashing has nothing to do with it and that's not how a rhythm game is supposed to be played...
Yes but "rhythm game" is a guideline not a rule so you can actually play it however you want as long as you have fun doing it

Nattsun wrote:

Excuses, if you git guud scores will come naturally, it has nothing to do with investing time. For some weird reason I shit out top plays when I improve and I do sightread everything :VVVVVVVVVVV
8/10 of my top plays were sightreads after a few days of grinding pure skill so yeah if you git gud scores will come naturally indeed

Nattsun wrote:

I don't SS easy maps. All of my FCs are 4*+, the ones that ain't got DTd to make them 4*+ lol. Most of my SS plays are actually impressive, some of them have a handful of SS plays, but whatever.
Weren't talking about you there but me. I used to grind my SS count on easy/normal/hard maps and for some reason I was judged for it because "it wasn't out of my comfort zone and didn't help me improve at all" but I was just doing what I felt like was fun

Nattsun wrote:

No, you don't have to aim to be #1, just don't invest a truckload of time into something with literally no return. Enjoying the game and playing for fun is enough to improve.
You'd have to have some dumb playstyle like aiming with your dick and tapping with your balls for no return. Heck even then you'd learn how to play like that. There is no such thing as "investing your time into something with literally no return" because no matter what you do, you will get better at some aspects of the game
It's not about risking your life, just how stupid it would be if you do that.

If you enjoy a mash game, go ahead.

Nice.

I get my SS ranks naturally, you could say they are not out of my comfort zone. On the other hand my highest SS was in a multiplayer lobby and is a ~5.5* map lol (which I probably can't FC consistently :V)

You are not supposed to "git guud" actively all the time to improve, that's what I meant. My point stands tho, you have literally no return if you invest time in osu!, especially if you don't have fun improving.
posted
Hence quit game is best git gud option
posted

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Not sure what reading you're referring to.

But low AR: play old maps, edit maps to AR 7-8

If you're just bad at reading patterns in general: Play more, specifically play large variety of maps cause your pattern recognition is very limited from small map pool, play more and you're more likely to able to hit similar patterns in other maps.

Also improve your tapping consistency, your tapping is not intuitive enough for you to read patterns in the first place, mostly you probably rely heavily on visuals for tapping rather than audio, even if you manage to aim difficult patterns your tapping will lag/you'll mash.

And no 100 hours is no where enough, get 500 hours and you'll still get play more comments

pinhamadeira wrote:

Yes i can acc but to have both acc and FC it has to be really lucky run lol (i got a few around 94-97? Not to good but meh not so bad either for me)
97% is bad acc
Not at my rank
posted
It's still bad acc
posted
you only have 2 scores with more than 97% on your tops though lol

play older maps, or learn how to play ez. both of these force reading on you - older maps also force learning more awkward patterns compared to the jump meta nowadays. you can also throw in hidden but that's really not recommendable for your rank
posted

Idealism wrote:

you only have 2 scores with more than 97% on your tops though lol

play older maps, or learn how to play ez. both of these force reading on you - older maps also force learning more awkward patterns compared to the jump meta nowadays. you can also throw in hidden but that's really not recommendable for your rank
Yes my acc is Trash lmao, but im already trying to play ez and i downloads all 2009 ranked Maps. ty xd
posted
My freinds make fun of me for my ACC as well despite it being over 98% lol. I think people tend to think at my level that I should be getting 99% on everything. I'd say at your level though 96~97 would be perfectly normal acc
posted
When your reading is bad, you tend to play beatmaps that are easier to read and have very simple patterns. Instead, play beatmaps that make you uncomfortable, that will improve your reading. Beatmaps that are harder to read basically. Also you might not pay enough attention to the beat of the song, any good beatmap will have notes that fit with the rythm of the music, so even if you can't tell visually when you are supposed to click a handful of notes, you can still click at the right time by following the general beat of the song.

Also I don't play older beatmaps that much because they aren't mapped as well imo, although it's true that they are often harder to read I don't think it's for the right reasons. There are exceptions of course.
posted

clickhead wrote:

When your reading is bad, you tend to play beatmaps that are easier to read and have very simple patterns. Instead, play beatmaps that make you uncomfortable, that will improve your reading. Beatmaps that are harder to read basically. Also you might not pay enough attention to the beat of the song, any good beatmap will have notes that fit with the rythm of the music, so even if you can't tell visually when you are supposed to click a handful of notes, you can still click at the right time by following the general beat of the song.

Also I don't play older beatmaps that much because they aren't mapped as well imo, although it's true that they are often harder to read I don't think it's for the right reasons. There are exceptions of course.
I see, thx
posted

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

My freinds make fun of me for my ACC as well despite it being over 98% lol. I think people tend to think at my level that I should be getting 99% on everything. I'd say at your level though 96~97 would be perfectly normal acc
96%~97% is actually quite bad for both your level and my level
i would say that 96%~97% is only acceptable when you still can't make any 100pp plays
otherwise it's either 98%+ or it's shit
posted
play old maps
there hard to read, i can even read maps with AR 0
posted

Lolinator2000 wrote:

play old maps
there hard to read, i can even read maps with AR 0
O yes pro
posted

StephOsu wrote:

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

My freinds make fun of me for my ACC as well despite it being over 98% lol. I think people tend to think at my level that I should be getting 99% on everything. I'd say at your level though 96~97 would be perfectly normal acc
96%~97% is actually quite bad for both your level and my level
i would say that 96%~97% is only acceptable when you still can't make any 100pp plays
otherwise it's either 98%+ or it's shit
I know, which I have 98.24% ACC. I was saying for OP who doesn't have any 100PP plays yet that 96-97% was pretty average
show more
Please sign in to reply.