forum

How do I make elements?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
otkmarth
Hello! Some elements of my skin are not working properly, or I don't know how to make them.
My spinner metre isn't working and neither is my combo burst. I've changed my combo burst to mp3 and wav and it doesn't show up.
I also don't know how to make a fruit catcher, find good mania skins (I used a skin generator and there wasn't a lot avaliable for mania and looks really bad)
It's hard for me to focus on mania when it's off to the side, and on another skin I've used it's in the center but I don't know how to change that.
My hit circles are fine except it still has the same color as the default and I don't know how to change it.
I have no idea where to get the baskets for CTB and the ones I've seen are already pre-made
My skin is a mess so far, if anyone knows how to improve it or knows how I can upload it to be improved, please let me know!
Thanks!
RockRoller
  1. Comboburst needs to be activated in the options of osu.
  2. For the spinner-metre I cant help you, but Im sure somebody else know it.
  3. For the Fruit Catcher you need to make it like every toher element, but the top 12pixel (24 by @2x) must be free if I remember correctly
  4. For mania I cant give any recommendations, but you need to copy all for mania needed files (you can look up which files are needed in the skinnable files list) and you need to edit the skin.ini I think.
  5. To change the colour of the Hitcircles you need to change them through the skin.ini. You need to enter RGB-Values at Combo1:, Combo2: and so on, depending on how man ccolours you want.
  6. I dont know what you mean with baskets.
  7. You can upload your skin where you want. Most common places are puush, dropbox, MEGA, mediafire. But you arent allowed to post the Link to a mixed-skin (a mixed skin is a skin where not every image is made by you.) inside this forum. But it is fine if you would send the link as a pm to somebody who wants to help you
I hope I helped you a bit and I hope you can understand it, sorry for my bad english.
Topic Starter
otkmarth
It's okay, but I mean the sound for the comboburst
Oh by baskets I mean the thing on top of the catcher, I don't know how to make that.
I will try those out. Thanks!
RockRoller
Ah, found the problem. In the skin.ini you need to enter CustomComboBurstSounds: 0

Baskets are called plates I think. There isnt really a place you can get them from. I found some in random posts. You would need to make that by yourself
h3oCharles
spinner-metre is for the old style of spinners. For it to be activated, you need to also add spinner-background

psst... click that pink button on my signature
Topic Starter
otkmarth
Do you know how I can make plates?
Also, I will try the spinner-background and see what else I can make. Thank you
RockRoller

otkmarth wrote:

Do you know how I can make plates?
Also, I will try the spinner-background and see what else I can make. Thank you
Make them like every other image with GIMP, Paint.NET, Ps or whatever you use.