added that note as well
Reverse arrows on sliders must not be completely visually obstructed by other hit objects with the default or beatmap-specific skin. Covering up reverse arrows on sliders can result in sliders being ambiguous to read.01:44:531 (2,3,4) - The flow make the 2 last notes overemphasized because of high speed.
Hi.Thanks, gonna return the mod either today or tomorrow
Pretty good map with interesting concepts, I just wanted to point out some issues i'm concerned about.
00:11:531 (2,1,2,3) - This somewhat bothers me. First, it looks a bit clustered because of stack + overlap since they don't make much sense. Second, the flow is not really friendly for a pattern that introduces a concept. You should go for something slightly easier to play and cleaner. I disagree with the clustered looking argument, I have structered the entire map with similiar stack and overlap concepts and the flow is just a normal clockwise rotation, thats pretty simple to me already
00:32:762 (2,3,1) - Flow is awkward here and unpleasant to play. Either change this slider's 00:32:993 (1) - direction or make a triangle with the circles and the slider's head. changed it up a bit
00:47:185 (2) - This note is really hard to notice and see, mind changing its position ? Like, overlapping it with a slider and stacking it under another one feels like too much :/ same here 00:54:570 (2) - the sliderbody is already gone before you need to hit this circle, I dont see a problem with it and I havent seen any testplayers having trouble reading these notes so Im gonna leave it
00:53:301 (4) - Why does this one end on 1/8 ? Just for that weird background sound ? It is inconsistent with analogous parts and doesn't fit the current rhythm, making it unpredictable, and feels overmapped because it is overinterpretation. Gameplay wise, it doesn't bring anything interesting, and it would feel much better if it ended on 1/4. clearly a mistake that happened somehow, surely wasnt intended to be 1/8
01:16:839 (4,6) - Unrankable according to RC :Reverse arrows on sliders must not be completely visually obstructed by other hit objects with the default or beatmap-specific skin. Covering up reverse arrows on sliders can result in sliders being ambiguous to read.I remember a rule like that, but trying to look it up myself I actually cant find it anymore, furthermore I have seen very recently ranked maps which do the same thing now so maybe its been changed? will consult a bn for this
01:44:531 (2,3,4) - The flow make the 2 last notes overemphasized because of high speed. overemphasized? or do you mean underemphasized? cause the last 2 notes actually have comparably lower spacing than previous notes even though these 2 have some strong drumhits which has bothered me personally but had trouble figuring out what exactly to do with these, I expect to change them when I come up with something
01:49:954 (2) - The slider hides that circle too much compared to analogous part 01:54:685 (7,8) - . Moreover the flow is questionable. should still be no problem to read though and I think the flow is fine
02:13:147 (8,9) - Would play better if they were slightly moved to the right imo. moving 8 any further to the right would ruin the pattern,
gonna move 9 though
02:14:070 - Extending sliders and making this tick not clickable at the same time doesn't make much sense imo. Same applies to 02:21:454 - this is such a tough rhythm to implement, I do wanna keep the feel of repeating the same motion in response to the vocals however as you said 02:14:070 - sounds like it should be clickable, though if I make 02:13:839 (1) - a 1/4 that will both ruin the pattern and concept and it would be weird to play as well to transition from a quick 3/8 slider into a 1/4. Im gonna keep this for now as I havent seen testplayers having trouble with it
02:33:916 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why is spacing not consistent exactly ? Same applies to other patterns, you're trying to represent an intensity raise that doesn't exist. utter lack of creativity when it comes to 1/2 spam patterns, I had planned to change this anyway but dunno yet in what
02:58:378 (3,4,5,6) - Meh, flow feels really sharp here tbh... going for circular then inconsistent linear with no transition between is tough. Moving (4) a bit up wouldn't hurt. I dont think the transition is sharp, visually, 3-4 looks like it would be sharp but in practice it just goes like this:
03:30:685 (1) - Are you sure about this. I know this sound sounds more intense but the slider exactly looks like 1/2 and analogous sliders before and after don't have SV change. yeah, I like it. NC and the late popping of 03:31:031 (2) - both will indicate that this is a slower slider to pay to attention to
03:54:684 (3,4) - Flow between these sliders contrast a lot with flow between these objects in terms of smoothness 03:54:915 (4,5,6) - which makes the pattern a bit awkward to play. true, ctrl+g ftw
04:19:261 (6) - This slider feels really random considering you were mapping vocals for some seconds right before. Consider moving it to red tick. Same here 04:22:838 (5,6) - etc Had the first one in the part like this previously as well, but not the second, I had these in because of the somewhat weird mixup in the vocals which would make continuing the 1/2 rhythm awkward, gonna make the 2 parts consistent though
04:52:723 (7) - Better if you stack it with (3)'s head rather than (3)'s tail because this 04:52:492 (6,7) - really feels like an antijump. if I stack it with 3 there wont be much less emphasize on 04:52:838 (8) - and I have always focused the high spacing on the strong drumhits
04:56:992 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Why is (1) separated from the rest. purely stylistic, I figured it would play cooler if the first hit is close to the slider for obvious playability reasons but the rest moving to a different place to indicate a disconnection from this section to the previous one and the one after it
05:14:299 (6,7) - Maybe put them closer just to make sure players don't miss the two last notes. I doubt this is going to be a problem ever, after the map using at times higher spacing for 1/4 gaps, this simple 1/2 gap on 160 bpm should be hard to miss as it also doesnt flow any akwardly or something due to slider pointing right at it
This looks really cool so have a placeholder.I know, this bug has been present ever since I submitted the diff, no idea what to do against that
btw something weird keeps happening to Extra diff where it keeps asking me to update and then it makes the diff completely blank.
- soft-hitfinish50.wav is unused according to MA.
== 04:56:992 - Green and red lines with different samplesets.
== 04:59:761 - Green and red lines with different volumes.
- sb\tri_fill_part_12.png is unusued according to MA, since you set the animation to use 12 files when there are 13 including 0.
- I would try to source a higher quality triangleFrame.png if possible, since right now they are noticably blurry on the edges when next to the lines drawn by pixel.png.
- 00:13:608 (7) - Should be NC'd according to how you do the rest of this section. k
- 00:32:301 (7) - Same. k
- 00:45:801 (4) - 00:47:647 (4) etc - Following this rhythm just feels odd to me since you're mapping the more significant white tick onto a slider end. I understand the snare drum isn't really the focus for this section, but I feel the instrument you are following still has some impact there which should be clickable. Currently you're also adding emphasis onto 00:46:031 (5) which isn't needed since this is a relatively weaker beat.
this is the most painful rhythm in the song to map, putting emphasize on the electronic sounds here makes most sense however the snare drum is so prominent but completely contradicts the rhythm I want to go for, fuck this shit Im trying to figure something out
- 01:37:378 (4) - Not sure this is such a good idea since you introduce this kind of slider so late into the song/section, and on its own they can be hard to handle since you have very little time to read the second reverse arrow. changed
- 01:40:378 (1) - I would aim to make this look more different then 01:39:685 (1,2,3) since they look too similar and can cause people to release too early thinking it's a 1/8 slider. The NC colour currently isn't enough to distinguish it I feel. I dont think its easy to misread because there is also no other object popping up anywhere near it when the player has to click this slider which is indication enough that the player might to hold this one longer.
usually you wouldnt want to release 1/8 sliders too early anyway cause of the high risk of a 100, if the player doesnt see any other object coming he wouldnt need to hurry up releasing this one, they usually would stay long enough on it to realize that this is actually a longer one. At least I have never seen anyone misread this in testplays so Id like to keep it for the nice pattern too
- 01:49:378 (2,1) - This spacing might be confused for a 1/4. Id like to keep the antijump spacing though, moved it so it makes a pattern that hasnt been present as a 1/4 previously to make it easier to distinguish
- 02:00:224 (1) - Any reason why this one is 3/4 and all of the other ones in this section are just 1/2? I had these two 02:03:916 (1,1) - as 3/4 previously, however I map this section entirely on the vocals and them not landing on the vocals which are on a 1/2 here makes it kinda shit, so I made them land on the 1/2 for the vocals and spaced them differently to make it obvious. 02:00:224 (1) - this one is still 3/4 because the vocal isnt on 1/2 here but actually on the blue tick still
- 03:42:684 (1) - Here too.
- 01:30:685 (1) - Stuff like this could use the 1/4 buffer thing like with buzz sliders I feel. Or at least make the jump a little more reasonable like 01:34:378 (1) since this is the first one of the section. k
- 01:49:954 (2) - I think you can move this down a little more just so it's not so obstructed. At least until you can see part of the number on default skin. k
- 02:05:647 (6) - Sounds like it's missing a hitsound on the head I think. apart from the vocal there is actually nothing here so idk what to put here
- 02:07:608 (1) - Similar to insane, any reason for using a different length? same reason, made this one 02:03:916 (1) - 1/2 as well now for consistency
Yeah very nice.
03:53:030 (2) - insanewhew I dont know about 02:13:608 (1,1,2) - , I wouldnt wanna have 2 extended slider ending on 1/8 in a row cause I dont have that anywhere else and the 4 circle rhythm will clash with my emphasize on 02:14:416 (3) - which is the kind of prominent drumhit Id like to keep emphasizing throughout the map so I personally wanna keep it the way it is since I dont see any other way to make this part work rhythmically
03:53:011 (2) - extra
i think insane sounds more accurate ya
02:13:608 (1,1,2) - these are super lame https://puu.sh/yUcm1/194de53e66.png would be more hype and you can go nuts reading shenanigans