forum

the GazettE - MALFORMED BOX / INSIDE BEAST [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Vell

-Mo- wrote:

This looks really cool so have a placeholder.

btw something weird keeps happening to Extra diff where it keeps asking me to update and then it makes the diff completely blank.
I know, this bug has been present ever since I submitted the diff, no idea what to do against that
-Mo-
General
- soft-hitfinish50.wav is unused according to MA.
== 04:56:992 - Green and red lines with different samplesets.
== 04:59:761 - Green and red lines with different volumes.

Storyboard
- sb\tri_fill_part_12.png is unusued according to MA, since you set the animation to use 12 files when there are 13 including 0.
- I would try to source a higher quality triangleFrame.png if possible, since right now they are noticably blurry on the edges when next to the lines drawn by pixel.png.

Insane
- 00:13:608 (7) - Should be NC'd according to how you do the rest of this section.
- 00:32:301 (7) - Same.
- 00:45:801 (4) - 00:47:647 (4) etc - Following this rhythm just feels odd to me since you're mapping the more significant white tick onto a slider end. I understand the snare drum isn't really the focus for this section, but I feel the instrument you are following still has some impact there which should be clickable. Currently you're also adding emphasis onto 00:46:031 (5) which isn't needed since this is a relatively weaker beat.
- 01:37:378 (4) - Not sure this is such a good idea since you introduce this kind of slider so late into the song/section, and on its own they can be hard to handle since you have very little time to read the second reverse arrow.
- 01:40:378 (1) - I would aim to make this look more different then 01:39:685 (1,2,3) since they look too similar and can cause people to release too early thinking it's a 1/8 slider. The NC colour currently isn't enough to distinguish it I feel.
- 01:49:378 (2,1) - This spacing might be confused for a 1/4.
- 02:00:224 (1) - Any reason why this one is 3/4 and all of the other ones in this section are just 1/2?
- 03:42:684 (1) - Here too.

Extra
- 01:30:685 (1) - Stuff like this could use the 1/4 buffer thing like with buzz sliders I feel. Or at least make the jump a little more reasonable like 01:34:378 (1) since this is the first one of the section.
- 01:49:954 (2) - I think you can move this down a little more just so it's not so obstructed. At least until you can see part of the number on default skin.
- 02:05:647 (6) - Sounds like it's missing a hitsound on the head I think.
- 02:07:608 (1) - Similar to insane, any reason for using a different length?

Yeah very nice.
Topic Starter
Vell

-Mo- wrote:

General
- soft-hitfinish50.wav is unused according to MA.
== 04:56:992 - Green and red lines with different samplesets.
== 04:59:761 - Green and red lines with different volumes.

fixed

Storyboard
- sb\tri_fill_part_12.png is unusued according to MA, since you set the animation to use 12 files when there are 13 including 0.
- I would try to source a higher quality triangleFrame.png if possible, since right now they are noticably blurry on the edges when next to the lines drawn by pixel.png.

Insane
- 00:13:608 (7) - Should be NC'd according to how you do the rest of this section. k
- 00:32:301 (7) - Same. k
- 00:45:801 (4) - 00:47:647 (4) etc - Following this rhythm just feels odd to me since you're mapping the more significant white tick onto a slider end. I understand the snare drum isn't really the focus for this section, but I feel the instrument you are following still has some impact there which should be clickable. Currently you're also adding emphasis onto 00:46:031 (5) which isn't needed since this is a relatively weaker beat.
this is the most painful rhythm in the song to map, putting emphasize on the electronic sounds here makes most sense however the snare drum is so prominent but completely contradicts the rhythm I want to go for, fuck this shit Im trying to figure something out

- 01:37:378 (4) - Not sure this is such a good idea since you introduce this kind of slider so late into the song/section, and on its own they can be hard to handle since you have very little time to read the second reverse arrow. changed
- 01:40:378 (1) - I would aim to make this look more different then 01:39:685 (1,2,3) since they look too similar and can cause people to release too early thinking it's a 1/8 slider. The NC colour currently isn't enough to distinguish it I feel. I dont think its easy to misread because there is also no other object popping up anywhere near it when the player has to click this slider which is indication enough that the player might to hold this one longer.
usually you wouldnt want to release 1/8 sliders too early anyway cause of the high risk of a 100, if the player doesnt see any other object coming he wouldnt need to hurry up releasing this one, they usually would stay long enough on it to realize that this is actually a longer one. At least I have never seen anyone misread this in testplays so Id like to keep it for the nice pattern too

- 01:49:378 (2,1) - This spacing might be confused for a 1/4. Id like to keep the antijump spacing though, moved it so it makes a pattern that hasnt been present as a 1/4 previously to make it easier to distinguish
- 02:00:224 (1) - Any reason why this one is 3/4 and all of the other ones in this section are just 1/2? I had these two 02:03:916 (1,1) - as 3/4 previously, however I map this section entirely on the vocals and them not landing on the vocals which are on a 1/2 here makes it kinda shit, so I made them land on the 1/2 for the vocals and spaced them differently to make it obvious. 02:00:224 (1) - this one is still 3/4 because the vocal isnt on 1/2 here but actually on the blue tick still
- 03:42:684 (1) - Here too.

Extra
- 01:30:685 (1) - Stuff like this could use the 1/4 buffer thing like with buzz sliders I feel. Or at least make the jump a little more reasonable like 01:34:378 (1) since this is the first one of the section. k
- 01:49:954 (2) - I think you can move this down a little more just so it's not so obstructed. At least until you can see part of the number on default skin. k
- 02:05:647 (6) - Sounds like it's missing a hitsound on the head I think. apart from the vocal there is actually nothing here so idk what to put here
- 02:07:608 (1) - Similar to insane, any reason for using a different length? same reason, made this one 02:03:916 (1) - 1/2 as well now for consistency

Yeah very nice.
thanksss

gotta wait for my sb guy to fix his stuff and figure out what to do with that part in the insane
-Mo-
Recheck

Is taiko diff supposed to have a different SB? And have Widescreen SB disabled?

If it is, then just placing a black background in diff specific SB and creating a new SB like that is a pretty terrible way to go about it since the standard SB is still loaded even if you can't see it. If you're keeping this then I would probably move the entire standard SB as diff specific too.

Also nice that you sourced better triangle images, but they're slightly too wide now. sb\triangleFill.png and sb\triangleFrame.png are 1227x1227, max rankable width is 1200. Yeah, it's annoying, I know.

Also not really comfortable with iconing this until that update bug is fixed. Not really sure how to go about that, but I would try maybe resubmitting the diff with a new .osu file or resetting the beatmap ID (although if it doesn't occur in play mode, it may be okay).

Instructions from my QAT: ignore it.
Topic Starter
Vell
taiko is supposed to have a different sb cause the triangle thing looks kinda shit in taiko gameplay. added widescreen support for taiko.

from darky:
- Adjusted the image size of "sb\triangleFill.png" and "sb\triangleFrame.png" to 1200x1200
- Moved effects to .osu files to prevent it from showing on the Taiko diff, instead of just hidding it with a black background.
-Mo-
Sexy garbage.

Mither Surono for the heart.
Surono
chicky-chicky-aaah
Topic Starter
Vell
Thank you both!
Nyukai
Nice song and map <3
Kurai
Hello, I am sorry but I have to disqualify your map because one of the title of the two songs included in this map is missing. Please change the title to "MALFORMED BOX x INSIDE BEAST" or "MALFORMED BOX / INSIDE BEAST" or anything else that is appropriate.

Thank you!

p.s. if you change the title of the map, you may end up with a second .osb file, so make sure to remove the duplicate .osb file before uploading.
Topic Starter
Vell
blub (also removed the second songs title from the tags)
Kurai
back
Topic Starter
Vell
thankss
-Mo-
At least that fixed the update bug.
Okoratu
03:53:030 (2) - insane
03:53:011 (2) - extra

i think insane sounds more accurate
extra:
02:13:608 (1,1,2) - these are super lame :( https://puu.sh/yUcm1/194de53e66.png would be more hype and you can go nuts reading shenanigans

great map
Topic Starter
Vell

Okoratu wrote:

03:53:030 (2) - insane
03:53:011 (2) - extra

i think insane sounds more accurate ya
extra:
02:13:608 (1,1,2) - these are super lame :( https://puu.sh/yUcm1/194de53e66.png would be more hype and you can go nuts reading shenanigans

great map
whew I dont know about 02:13:608 (1,1,2) - , I wouldnt wanna have 2 extended slider ending on 1/8 in a row cause I dont have that anywhere else and the 4 circle rhythm will clash with my emphasize on 02:14:416 (3) - which is the kind of prominent drumhit Id like to keep emphasizing throughout the map so I personally wanna keep it the way it is since I dont see any other way to make this part work rhythmically
Wafu
Although I agree with Okoratu that 03:53:011 (2) - is not accurate, the start of the sound doesn't seem to be at 03:53:011 - nor 03:53:030 - , but rather at 03:53:040 - or somewhere around it. Additionally, the repeats don't really fit to the sounds here.

03:53:761 (3) - Has a similar problem, it's very off. You are putting the note where the vocal fades in, but for these sounds, you should be mapping to their peak, not the start.

Also, the song is probably not suitable for all-ages. I don't think that "Die or suck my beast" sounds very appropriate. I'm not the one to judge whether this is appropriate for the game at all, but I would suggest adding a warning to the description to avoid the potential problems.
Topic Starter
Vell

Wafu wrote:

Although I agree with Okoratu that 03:53:011 (2) - is not accurate, the start of the sound doesn't seem to be at 03:53:011 - nor 03:53:030 - , but rather at 03:53:040 - or somewhere around it. Additionally, the repeats don't really fit to the sounds here.

03:53:761 (3) - Has a similar problem, it's very off. You are putting the note where the vocal fades in, but for these sounds, you should be mapping to their peak, not the start.

Also, the song is probably not suitable for all-ages. I don't think that "Die or suck my beast" sounds very appropriate. I'm not the one to judge whether this is appropriate for the game at all, but I would suggest adding a warning to the description to avoid the potential problems.

I agree about 03:53:761 (3) - , snapping it to the 1/16 at 03:53:790 - seems more accurate, same seems to go for the buzzslider then but Im not sure if 1/12 or 1/16 repeats would be more fitting since I snap it to the 1/16 it should probably be that then, thanks

Honestly I have no idea what the song is really about dont much care for that, but it seems to imply some questionable things so I guess putting it in the description at least is what I will have to do
-Mo-
wrong snaps are annoying
Surono
aezakmi
VINXIS
Skylish
Rip all low ended PC with that 1x SB load ;w;