forum

Apply to help create ranking charts! (osu!, Taiko, or CtB)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyclone
In the very near future, Ranking charts will be split into 3, one for each of the 3 game modes. With the limited number of people in the BAT and MAT who play Taiko and CtB, I'm looking for outside help to discuss and create the ranking charts. Anybody who is interested, please PM me with your application. In your PM please explain why you believe you are qualified as well as any other information you think I should consider when deciding who will be accepted. This extends to all 3 game modes, so please feel free to apply to help with osu! mode as well.

If you wish to apply for multiple game modes, I have no problems with that, but please consider the fact that making the charts can be very time consuming. Right now we are doing 2 charts per month, 1 monthly and 1 themed. If you want to apply for one, while still being somewhat but not completely available for another, please put that in your PM as well.

Any questions or comments can be made in this thread, but I will not consider any applications that are not PMed to me.
DeathxShinigami
So for the new ranking chart splits...will each mode stay with the same theme for the month with the other modes or will the theme be different for all modes? Also, I'm guessing completely different maps for each chart for each mode as well.

Also, working on my application. Bet you didn't see that one coming... ;p
Mara
I was thinking of sending one, but then I went "nope.avi". Just make sure taiko charts aren't full of inner onis.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Right now I'm planning on keeping the themes the same. Doesn't mean that won't change though.
Natteke
Awesome improvement
Zekira
I'll consider it...
OzzyOzrock
Lepi should automatically be included in this lol.

Then again you never know if he's too busy or something.
Ibuki Suika

Cyclone wrote:

Right now we are doing 2 charts per month, 1 monthly and 1 themed.
It means that next month's chart began separated 3mode?
MMzz
There arn't even enough GOOD taiko maps for one month.
V:
Let alone ones that everyone has already HR SS'd
Dr Loliberg

LunaticMara wrote:

I was thinking of sending one, but then I went "nope.avi". Just make sure taiko charts aren't full of inner onis.
arien666
lepidon should be included to Taiko lolol

BTW... I wonder about CtB players ;___;
[I dunno who's good at CtB selecting orz]
eldnl
Ctb player here :D
Weez
I wanna try for ctb :3
and hey i ran a ctb tourney couple of months ago!
Topic Starter
Cyclone

MMzz wrote:

V:
What would you suggest to make taiko more competitive?
Krzysiek
No worries about CtB. It's prolly the easiest mode to prepare balanced map pool for charts ^_^.
OzzyOzrock

Cyclone wrote:

MMzz wrote:

V:
What would you suggest to make taiko more competitive?
If there were a way to let scores in unranked or even unsubmitted maps go through, we could maybe add not yet ranked maps to the mix
The second part of that was originally going to say "we could add non-ranked or unsubmitted authentic maps" lol
anongos
So if I understood this correctly, that means we can have Taiko only or CtB only maps be available for ranking as well?

Or wait, is this for CREATING possible ranked Taiko and CtB charts? I'm a little confused.
Topic Starter
Cyclone

OzzyOzrock wrote:

If there were a way to let scores in unranked or even unsubmitted maps go through, we could maybe add not yet ranked maps to the mix
The second part of that was originally going to say "we could add non-ranked or unsubmitted authentic maps" lol
It'll probably run into the same bug that approved maps have right now.
Topic Starter
Cyclone

anongos wrote:

So if I understood this correctly, that means we can have Taiko only or CtB only maps be available for ranking as well?

Or wait, is this for CREATING possible ranked Taiko and CtB charts? I'm a little confused.
Chart's will be map for each gamemode specifically, instead of 1 chart for all three.
B r e e z e_old
lol
show more