forum

Apply to help create ranking charts! (osu!, Taiko, or CtB)

posted
Total Posts
show more
B r e e z e_old
lol
HeatKai
lepi should join for taiko ,
YGOkid8

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Lepi should automatically be included in this lol.

arien666 wrote:

lepidon should be included to Taiko lolol

HeatKai wrote:

lepi should join for taiko ,
the only problem with this is that lepidopodus taiko maps make up about 100% of all good taiko maps.

lol i'm just kidding in case i offended any taiko mappers. his maps probably make up about 98% of all good taiko maps~
lepidopodus
I am interested, though I guess I need to play more Taiko than now, lol.

Let me have some time to think about it.
Zekira
@YGO: there's a lot of truth to that, really...
Locher
you know, isn't it a lot of hassle for a little shizzle?
Then again, i do have no rights to decide anything.
Whatever comes to your mind, do it.
I'll keep my mouth shut and overlook it briefly <3
MMzz

Cyclone wrote:

MMzz wrote:

There arn't even enough GOOD taiko maps for one month.
V:
Let alone ones that everyone has already HR SS'd
What would you suggest to make taiko more competitive?
I honestly don't have much of an answer, because when it comes to your basic Oni maps, pretty much everyone has the same tier of ability. (Because they are so easy)
But when you get those few very challenging/awkward maps every once in awhile, you see the real competition between the pro players.
Rikers

YGOkid8 wrote:

lol i'm just kidding in case i offended any taiko mappers. his maps probably make up about 98% of all good taiko maps~
That offended me and my pet turtle on so many levels. I mean, Mr. Tiggles has been busting his shell off over those new maps he made.
marshallracer

Rikers wrote:

YGOkid8 wrote:

That offended me and my pet turtle on so many levels. I mean, Mr. Tiggles has been busting his shell off over those new maps he made.
we know this offended you Rikers
i mean, your epic Taiko maps/SBs/skins/etc ...
OnosakiHito

Cyclone wrote:

MMzz wrote:

V:
Well, as we know, at the moment we have an huge amount of Taiko maps and maybe this will keep now in this way.
But maybe it would be not bad to use 14 maps instead of 21 for a few months, so we can see how this is going on.

Edit:
Or what could be also an solution to make Taiko diff's also rankable, but yes, we had this allready, too much work, system changes etc..
Zekira

MMzz wrote:

*stuff*
Yeah... but it's kind of hard to make a good hard custom Taiko map without making it look overmapped though...
OnosakiHito

Zekira wrote:

MMzz wrote:

*stuff*
Yeah... but it's kind of hard to make a good hard custom Taiko map without making it look overmapped though...
I don't think so. Maybe it's just me, but I'm one of the persons who is making really hard maps, but some are still not overmapped (or don't look like it?).
Loudness War(the newest ranked guest diff.), it is hard yes, but I don't think it is this overmapped also if people don't get easily a S. Because it is mapped by following the music.
Chipscape and Shin Sekai are overmapped. Maps which are nearly impossible for the normal user are overmapped I would say.

But well, it depends on "what overmapping is". Everyone has still his own view about it.

Edit: Uh, sorry I forgot. I should also say, a person must first get into this hard mapping style before he can map hard but not overmapped maps. Firce and me mapped allready over 200 diff's, and it is still hard in some way to make such maps.

Maybe going to much out from the topic? orz
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

MMzz wrote:

*stuff*
Pretty much, that's why a Taiko only chart would be stupid. Not a stable easy-hard ratio. Easy being A regular Oni.

OnosakiHito wrote:

Edit: Uh, sorry I forgot. I should also say, a person must first get into this hard mapping style before he can map hard but not overmapped maps.
That's so true, i'm so used to mapping moderately easy. ( Because I tend to focus on the fun factor and not have people rage quit because it's hard. ) And when I try to map something hard it's just poop. [/offtopic]

ANYWAYS.
If this does happen I think 10-15 Arcade originals should be picked, there are plenty of songs and as the months go by new songs are going to be released. Maybe submit the maps on a Special account JUST for THE MONTHLY MAPS, so people don't have to download off puush/mediafire/windows skydrive, where most authentics are located. Of course being completely authentic and only ranked for the monthly period of time.

A small list of 10 Authentics that could create a decent chart. (A few of these have submitted charts)

Pastel Dream
Yumeiro Coaster
Nagisa no Andromeda
PaPaPa Love
Future Lab

Metal Police
mint tears
Taiko Time
No Way Back
Yozakura Shanikusai

The top 5 are a normal not insanity Oni, as the bottom 5 are HARD, BUT NOT INSANITY
If needed I can provide the links, but people should be familiar with these songs. ( Except Pastel Dream and Magisa no Andromeda, they are new )

Just a thought.
lepidopodus
Well, I don't think ranking chart will include unranked authentic Taiko maps, and I don't think ranking of Taiko-only mapset will be possible. (Yeah that's a reality.)

/Offtopic
(You guys can continue your Taiko discussions in aquabluu's thread, lol)
Rikers

marshall_racer wrote:

we know this offended you Rikers
i mean, your epic Taiko maps/SBs/skins/etc ...
There, fixed. :3
Ikillforpies
Ranking charts for Ctb.....
Don't think it gonna work very well
Weez

Ikillforpies wrote:

ohh and why is that?
lepidopodus

Ikillforpies wrote:

From what I've heard, some standard maps are just impossible to achieve full combo by CtB since they include some kind of impossible patterns. I don't knou much about thit though, since I don't play CtB. If it's true, we might need someone to exclude those things.
Remilia--_old

lepidopodus wrote:

Ikillforpies wrote:

From what I've heard, some standard maps are just impossible to achieve full combo by CtB since they include some kind of impossible patterns. I don't knou much about thit though, since I don't play CtB. If it's true, we might need someone to exclude those things.
I think this points to the question if the monthly/themed charts will be the same maps for each kind of mode, if it is then yes some things will have to be excluded, but if each were different then I don't think this will be a problem
Shiirn
lepidon, those cases are extremely rare and have almost never occurred recently (The only map to ever get ranked/approved that was outright impossible to FC on ctb in the past 6 months is my disconnected hardkore)

selecting maps for ctb would be more based along having some maps that are more challenging, as several times there have been an entire chart of maps that even a casual CtB pro like me could SS with relative ease, leaving the winning to whoever managed to Hard Rock things or who got the most notes on spinners.
ziin

Zekira wrote:

MMzz wrote:

*stuff*
It wouldn't be if people didn't think finishes were eggpain or you picked a fast song.
ZHSteven

Shiirn wrote:

lepidon, those cases are extremely rare and have almost never occurred recently (The only map to ever get ranked/approved that was outright impossible to FC on ctb in the past 6 months is my disconnected hardkore)
/me loled.
please look through all the map then have your conclusion.

btw i'd like to claim that some of the rank map is not impossible to FC but you need 'LUCK' not skill.(example? banned forever)

Believe it or not, but I believe.

Edit: I think this kind of ranking chart is a great idea. But need to be very careful in picking maps. I dont play standard for a long time, Dont know how cyclone select maps... But in my opinion, in ctb, we dont need to many insane maps on ranking chart.(2 or 3 is enough). Most of the maps should be hard to FC, but not insane maps (like dance number..but i like the map~XD). My standard will be " CTB mosters will have chance to FC with only hidden mod on". (of course, unrank map is not allowed)

SPOILER
other than that, I think if we apply some interesting idea in choosing map( i mean, maybe 3 maps in testing players jumping skills, 3 maps in HR mod, 3 in DT, 3 in spinner etc). But i think it is a different story already~XD
Sakura
Shiirn's Disconnected Hardkore and BD's Banned Forever would be out of question anyways due to some bug that happens with approval maps as Cyclone mentioned earlier in this thread.
Ibuki Suika
lol
You think that CTB chart would be enough people involved?
Even now difficult to chart in CTB is not very hard,but top players involved generally will not exceed 5

If the difficulty continues to increase, but also left many people continue playing?
This different to "unrank", in "rank" FC is all.
I have been feeling a lot CTBmapper into the errors,Considered impossible map is funny,and want to make it rank/app

that is chart,"not for top player only",Crazy map is needed of course,But should be controlled within the 2
My point is:Insane≈10%;Hard≈35%;Normal≈35%;Easy≈20%

Insane:fc less than 12player;
Hard:fc less than 30&#1just uesd 1mod(HID);
Normal:top 3 player uesd 2mod
Easy:AR≤7,over 6 player uesd (HR+HID)

Also need to analyze the map is only one difficult point or more difficult point
like:http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13235 that is one
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/109163&m=0 that is more

Just because one difficult point to to include in chart is unwise
how to distinguish is the CTBplayer's work.(This thread need who)
Shiirn
In recent times, ZHSteven. And by "outright impossible", I mean "There is a bug with the hyperfruit system that will render certain sliders uncatchable" (In my disconnected hardkore, the objects in the last kiai contain both bugged sliders and pixeljumps, 01:45:276 (4) - for example is -impossible-), meaning that as long as that and pixeljumps are not there, every map is technically passable.

Of course, randomly absurdly difficult maps are stupid.

Even if you throw "luck" into the occasion, it's no different from standard or taiko.

I'm going to posit a bit of information, it's not entirely true but should be considered "normal standards":

If a map is low enough in sheer difficulty that it is RANKED, not APPROVED, it will not have slider speeds high enough to cause a hyperfruit bug, and will not have lateral pixeljumps fast enough that the hyperfruits (once again) bug out.

Things like Go Beyond (SP diff), Almagest (which contains a -catchable- pixeljump), and others of that nature are good ideas for a chart, but bad in that only superpros will be able to do anything with them.

EDIT: and in regards to ibuki suika, what I think you're trying to say is that there are much more difficult maps (and more based on skill, not this 'luck' thing) that give score unproportional to how much effort it takes to FC them?
eldnl
Rapid ensemble is not too hard, I do 5 plays maybe? Just one part "hard" but with a few plays is really easy, also for the players not so good.
Solar is easy with hidden...

What is needed are maps that can be played with another difficulty that is not hidden. This is very basically.
ZHSteven

Shiirn wrote:

In recent times, ZHSteven. And by "outright impossible", I mean "There is a bug with the hyperfruit system that will render certain sliders uncatchable" (In my disconnected hardkore, the objects in the last kiai contain both bugged sliders and pixeljumps, 01:45:276 (4) - for example is -impossible-), meaning that as long as that and pixeljumps are not there, every map is technically passable.

Of course, randomly absurdly difficult maps are stupid.

Even if you throw "luck" into the occasion, it's no different from standard or taiko.

I'm going to posit a bit of information, it's not entirely true but should be considered "normal standards":

If a map is low enough in sheer difficulty that it is RANKED, not APPROVED, it will not have slider speeds high enough to cause a hyperfruit bug, and will not have lateral pixeljumps fast enough that the hyperfruits (once again) bug out.

Things like Go Beyond (SP diff), Almagest (which contains a -catchable- pixeljump), and others of that nature are good ideas for a chart, but bad in that only superpros will be able to do anything with them.

EDIT: and in regards to ibuki suika, what I think you're trying to say is that there are much more difficult maps (and more based on skill, not this 'luck' thing) that give score unproportional to how much effort it takes to FC them?
First, I want to clear that bug jump is not only exist in sliders, normal jump can also have bug.
one simple exampe, PLZ check romatic children first. this bug jump is not catchable but the map is RANKED, not APPROVED.

Then I apologized that I am not saying very clearly.

ZHSteven wrote:

btw i'd like to claim that some of the rank map is not impossible to FC but you need 'LUCK' not skill ONLY
what I mean is some of the bug jumps(cancel hyper-fruit jump) is catchable. But it needs to use the side of the plate to catch, and that is the problem.
normally, this kind of jump needs to place the plate very accuracy to catch. But there is some cases, which you do not have enough time to place it in the right place.(high bpm 1/4, or with hyperdash followed) What you can only do is just catch all the thing in front then pray to god that you have place it in the right place.
e.g Rainbow Tylenol combo 818
other cases (ignore it if you want)
continue max jump can made player loss the control of the plate.
e.gShin Hae Chul - Sticks and Stones combo 342( I pass this song, but I think all the problem is I am in a lucky day when I pass this, even this song has no bug jump inside.)
So what I mean is not to choose this kind of map which needs to puts a lot of pcs in doing stupid thing.

To Ibuki Suika: It is the fact that not so many people will join in, but I still hope this kind of project will come to good end.
I like your suggestion , but just 1 thing: please note that a lot of good hard map is already being distroyed by HR+HID. So I think your hard level need to change to some other thing like: less than 40 players not fc the map, and at least 3 people fc it with hid mod or more(hid+HR, HID+DT, etc)
and I think to use difficult point to distinguish maps is a good idea. But the process will take a long time...(need to play almost all the map you want to choose)
Ibuki Suika
Rapid Ensemble I play 2pc to SS/
DONT FORGET OTHER MOD PLZ,or you just think this game just need HID/NONE

Easy map in HR is not easy
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/chart/?ch=MONTH1108&m=2

Are not talking about who's stronger

What kind of map is more suitable as a chart

some CTBplayer to see more players in the title only think of val0108.or other hell map

I hope the chart with:Comprehensive;Basic;Fun

all map choose Insane map is stupid too
I dont think just the chart as the top players contest the technology
It can also let the normal player through the chart to enhance their strength

Return to my point of view.
If is miku Theme chart,you want to see 5 map is val0108 other 5 map is NTR?
yes maybe you want,But I believe the normal players don't want to see it

We should pick should be not Boring map,not Stupid map;not Ugly map
that is the thread that should be discussed.
IkkiMinami
CTB Player :) :)
Zekira

ziin wrote:

It wouldn't be if people didn't think finishes were eggpain or you picked a fast song.
I majorly agree with that part.

Requoting myself from the Taiko thread:

My general definition of overmapping: if the notes don't fit the song, it's either overmapped or undermapped. Simple as that.

IMO, it's a per song basis. All of the 7 god songs in TnT are all chaotic songs one way or another, which would then make their charts OK.
So instead of bickering on the map itself, my personal course of action is to find better songs for difficulty instead of forcing a really difficult map on songs that are generally normal in tune.
Not the finishes part though: big notes need to be regulated no matter how you look at it (...I play another button heavy rhythm game and I still think that big notes in TnT are dicks. Except in the arcade since the latest Taiko AC's big notes can be hit perfectly with only one side. Tatacon too. It seems that as long as the controller is not a drum, you have to hit both sides =_________=)
lepidopodus
When is the due date of application anyway?
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Whenever you submit one lepi. :)

I don't care if people apply after i choose people anyways. No reason people can't be added later.

except you lepi, I'll be needing yours right away. :P
Ikillforpies
For this can you pick any songs from any date? And also how many songs?
Zekira
except you lepi, I'll be needing yours right away.
See, I knew that he should be automatically chosen 8D
P o K e

Cyclone wrote:

MMzz wrote:

V:
I suggest having people make taiko maps specifically for the charts and it would only be 1 to a few maps for 1-3 days. Giving a short time frame to do it, and it would be maps that no one has played beforehand. Starting everyone on the same ground.
Krzysiek
Hope you can wait about 1 week more cos haven't finished August maps. About 100 maps for this month and it'll be pretty easy to choose between 15-30 of them :-).
Shadow Fear
Well, not many people play taiko and CTB..
Splitting the charts into three parts make it better or worse?
OzzyOzrock

shadowfear14 wrote:

Well, not many people play taiko and CTB..
Splitting the charts into three parts make it better or worse?
THAT'S A LIE
lepidopodus
@^: At least splitting doesn't do any harm to standard players.
Alex311360
2000 Taiko series and mostly Onis and Inner Onis would be good.
Lyra
In my opinion, not many people play CtB, and those who do are genrally extremely good at it. Most of the average joe players stop playing shortly after because they either get bored or can't seem to do better. Not to mention, I have yet to find any beatmaps that include a CtB diff and are ranked. If someone could link me to one, it would be very appreciated. Anyway, I'm willing to help with CtB. :3
Derekku

Amp wrote:

In my opinion, not many people play CtB
Actually, the CtB community is quite large.

Amp wrote:

I have yet to find any beatmaps that include a CtB diff and are ranked.
There are only a couple, because CtB-specific difficulties became unrankable. Most osu! difficulties translate to CtB very well (as opposed to Taiko, which is based off of hitsounds), and since there really aren't any guidelines for mapping/modding CtB difficulties, they are currently disallowed. However, these CtB-specific ranking charts will feature osu! difficulties that play well in CtB.
Lyra

Derekku wrote:

Actually, the CtB community is quite large.
I never really noticed that considering how many I know that don't play it. Either way, in regards to that bit of information. I honestly had no idea that CtB diff's were unrankable. And while it is understandable that most standard difficulties transfer into CtB well. It is very well possible that there could be a map that is indeed so insane, it would be a challenge for even CtB pro's to beat, but is still very well possible enough to be ranked. It's crazy for me to say such a thing. And even though there were no standards set for CtB specific difficulties, it's very well possible to indicate whether or not the song is mapped well or not, and to determine whether or not it is rankable. Either way, I don't entirely understand why. Maybe I don't know everything, so, I don't know if there are any other reasons why they are unrankable.

That aside, I'd still like to help. :3
Mismagius
If you get rejected, is there any chance you can try again later?
KRZY
I think a whole lot of you miss the point.

We are not making a chart of the greatest taiko maps and the greatest CTB maps. We are merely picking maps out of the same monthly pool separately for osu!standard, taiko, and CTB. There need not be consideration of whether a map is FCable or if only a handful of extreme pros will participate; all you need to do is either send in the application form for a specific (or multiple) mode, or talk about this to someone who you think will help create good charts in the coming months.

By the way, sent in my application for CTB.
lepidopodus
@^: I guess you are eligible for all 3 modes?

Help us!
KRZY

lepidopodus wrote:

@^: I guess you are eligible for all 3 modes?

Help us!
Sorry I'm a college student now
Cookie pro_old
Wow looks nice ^. ^ Map graphs =)
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I'll go through applications again in the near future. Monthly chart got delayed and is my current top priority
Mismagius
Oh wow. This gets my hopes up :p
Niko-nyan
maybe taiko >.<
░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
... █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░