1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
04:25:162 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

04:03:112 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ( ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉)

05:13:912 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

04:06:712 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - (̲̅ ͡◥▶ ͜ʖ ͡◀◤)
posted
overkill
posted

Lavender wrote:

overkill
hell no
posted

Mazzerin wrote:

Lavender wrote:

overkill
hell no
hell yes
posted
i thought i wouldn't be able to find a reason to live anymore

i was wrong
posted
oh ma gah
posted
👌

only thing left is a sick -tochi storyboard
posted

FoxyGrandpa wrote:

  • [Ambivalence]

    00:20:212 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Not sure about the spacing here, seems to kind of jump to a much larger spacing for the really quiet sounds lowered spacing

    00:23:512 - to 00:39:562 - . This entire section is in 1/3, aside from the kicksliders at 00:32:437 - . fixed

    01:01:912 - Kinda curious about the kiai here for such a calm section :/ lul i added that, imma prob take it off now since more than 1/3 of the map is kiai

    04:47:662 (2) - I feel like the sv should be lower for this slider because of the slowdown effect in the sound being mapped there. fixed


Best of luck probox :)
ty for mod

updated .osz: https://puu.sh/weLVX/b9c97cbcf7.osz
posted

Kujinn wrote:

👌

only thing left is a sick -tochi storyboard
should be done by the end of this month
posted
fixed all offscreens (I think) from FoxyGrandpa's mod
posted
Hi Probox/Sing/Bonzi o/ Small mod after a discussion with Probox. (and out of personal interest, haha)

General seems okay.

In my opinion, this map suffers a lot from the "Everything is emphasized, so nothing is emphasized" issue. Everything feels so over the top and there's not enough contrast for different parts of the song, I feel. This is what this mod addresses. I can't say a lot on the visuals/structure because they are really well made and consistent, so good job on that. C:

[Ambivalence]

00:40:312 (1,2) - 00:40:612 (1,2) - I think 2 repeats would be nice here instead of 4 kicks. Starting with large spacing emphasis like that removes a lot of contrast in the transition, making this feel really weak.
00:44:962 (3) - Why not stack this with 1 like in all your other instances? It forces linear movement which seems unfitting considering the same other parts are mapped with stationary movement. (00:47:212 (1,2) - 00:48:412 (1,2) - )
00:59:362 (3,1) - Shouldn't this be a triple to be consistent with 00:49:762 (3,4,1) - ?
01:01:162 (1,2,3,1,1,1) - I think the song and the hitsounds suggest that the corresponding rhythm should be Triple + Double + Double, but you mapped it as Triple + 3 kicks.
01:10:912 (1) - I appreciate the color change to indicate SV change but I don't think the added sound suggests such a sharp increase in the first place :s. Maybe reduce it a bit?
01:40:312 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This section is a bit inconsistent. You start with awkward motion at 01:40:312 (1,2,3,4) - And then use circular motion at all the other 3 patterns with nothing in the song changing to suggest such a change. I personally quite like the awkward motion you added because I think it creates a nice contrast between the circular motion you use at the rest of the buildup at 01:45:112 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -. So I would ctrlG 01:41:512 (1,3) - 01:43:012 (2,4) - and 01:44:212 (2,4) - to keep that motion. (Alternatively, you could use linear motion by ctrlGing 01:40:612 (2,4) - to also be consistent if that's what you prefer)
01:49:912 (1) - CtrlG maybe? The awkward movement is a nice contrast to start a drop because you used linear movement in the previous buildup sliders.
02:01:912 (1) - CtrlG would be nice for this one I think. The tail goes into a weird loop thing which would add nice emphasis if used actively on the head instead of passively on the tail. (Clicking + following the loop at the same time)
02:13:462 (1,2) - How about rotating this pattern 90 degrees for the repeat to be closer to 02:13:912 (1) - ? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8299949 Right now 02:13:912 (1) - Feels really weak because the movement required to move to the head is greater than the movement required to complete the slider. This overshadows the slider making it feel weak.
02:15:712 (1,1,1) - These 3 sliders have very similar spacing. As a result, the different emphasized sound at 02:16:312 (1) - Feels very weak. How about moving 02:16:012 (1) - closer to either 02:15:712 (1) - or 02:16:312 (1) - to differentiate the spacing? It would give that slider the contrast that it should have. (I personally suggest to move it to 02:16:312 (1) - considering you did a similar thing at 02:18:412 (2,1) - ).
02:23:512 (1) - This is pretty nice, but I think its length should be consistent with 02:13:912 (1) - considering they're the exact same sound. Maybe make 02:13:912 (1) - longer to match?
02:25:312 (1,1,1) - Same instance as 02:15:712 (1,1,1) -, I think.
02:30:712 (1,2,3,1,1,2,3,1,1,2,3,1) - This is a pretty nice pattern, but again I think this loses a lot of impact because it's so similar in spacing to the previous patterns and to itself. Also, there seems to be a rising synth sound at that part of the song, so I think you could start small and gradually increase the kickslider spacing to match that. This would add contrast and match the rising sound.
02:37:462 (1,2,3) - Why are these 3 kicks different in spacing? I think they should match, the song enters a pretty consistent loop which doesn't require spacing changes, in my opinion.
02:42:712 (1,2,3) - Why is this different than all the other ones? (02:43:312 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - )? They sound the same. They should be the same too. (I personally like having 2 1/4 sliders though, so I would personally make all the other instances have 2 1/4's aswell.)
02:49:612 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - This pattern looks nice, but 02:49:612 (1,2,1,2) - is kind of problematic in my opinion because a metronome reset happens at 02:49:912 (1,2) -, so making them have the same motion makes the transition feel really weak.
03:59:512 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - The use of jumpstreams seems really uncecessary here, especially considering all the streams after that are normal.
04:06:712 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1) - This feels incredibly over the top for what it's supposed to map. I suggest nerfing this. Not necessarily because it's "too hard" per se, but it's so spaced that it makes the actual second drop feel like a normal section. There isn't much contrast and impact I think. I agree that during a buildup a stream should be steadily increasing, but it should be harder than the actual kiai itself.
04:17:737 (4,1) - Another unnecessary jumpstream in my opinion, it doesn't emphasize anything special in the song because nothing is going on at that part. 04:18:037 (4,1) - is pretty nice though because it emphasizes a nice change in the music which actually exists.
04:25:162 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - I didn't quite get why this stream increases in spacing, I actually think the pitch is going down?
04:27:562 (2,3,1,2,1,2) - I feel like these should be increased in spacing. I like the idea you have here but it feels overshaowed by everything else beacuse the spacing is so similar.
05:09:112 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I personally don't like the use of a stream here. You add a lot of clicking emphasis in a section that is practically the same as the one before, where you used repeat sliders. This makes 05:11:512 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - , the stronger part of the buildup, feel weaker because of how easier it is to tap compared to the previous stream.
05:35:512 - This section feels practically the same as the previous one in the kiai beacuse of how dense your rhythm is. The clicking emphasis is practically the same, so it feels like an extension of the previous kiai when in reality it's the beginning of a slow part. I suggest using more passive clicking, using more sliders/repeat sliders and avoiding really spaced streams like 05:44:512 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) -.


Good luck~ I can see you three put a lot of work/effort on the map. Good job overall. \o/
posted
Hello, I have some concerns over some potentially unrankable off-screen sliders:

01:19:912 (1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8300126
02:21:112 (1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8300171
02:24:562 (1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8300133
02:30:412 (1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8300176

As well as these, I think that these sliders here 02:16:012 (1) - may be pushing what can be defined as a "clear and visible path" with the default/any solid skin. I understand the concept you are going for here, but some others may find these to be a problem in the future.

Pretty fun map, good luck!
posted
posted
00:40:312 (1,2) - 00:40:612 (1,2) - I think 2 repeats would be nice here instead of 4 kicks. Starting with large spacing emphasis like that removes a lot of contrast in the transition, making this feel really weak. imo this part is jsut fine, having just this part be 2 repeats wud be inconsistent with the other kicksliders that come after it, and this whole section shud b the same since its sjut the build up getting louder; the spacing isnt even that big tbh and its increasing in spacing enough to be emphasized. Even if it is a weak transition, itsn ot really building up to anything big (Like either of the main kiais) So if this build up is "weak" then it's totally fine tbh.
01:49:912 (1) - CtrlG maybe? The awkward movement is a nice contrast to start a drop because you used linear movement in the previous buildup sliders. Nah, I think this slider is much more aesthetically pleasing as it is right now than if it were ctrl+g'ed, plus I dont like the slider's flow into 01:50:212 (2) - if it is flipped. I do agrree with you in your point about contrasting movement tho; I'll ask bonzi if he'd be willing to move 01:49:612 (1) - so that it's positioned like so [/img]
02:01:912 (1) - CtrlG would be nice for this one I think. The tail goes into a weird loop thing which would add nice emphasis if used actively on the head instead of passively on the tail. (Clicking + following the loop at the same time) I like this one the way it is rn too, looks more aesthetically pleasing with the loop at the end for me and I feel that if its flow to 02:02:212 (2) - just isnt as natural to me as if it was ctrl+g'ed.
02:13:462 (1,2) - How about rotating this pattern 90 degrees for the repeat to be closer to 02:13:912 (1) - ? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8299949 Right now 02:13:912 (1) - Feels really weak because the movement required to move to the head is greater than the movement required to complete the slider. This overshadows the slider making it feel weak. Making the pattern 90 degrees would break the symmetry I had for this entire buildup section;
Also tbh rotating it would make 02:13:912 (1) - even more weak I think because the spacing between that and 02:13:612 (2) - would be drastically lowered

03:59:512 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - The use of jumpstreams seems really uncecessary here, especially considering all the streams after that are normal. I put jump streams here because its still supposed to match the slider repeats that come right after it 04:00:712 (1,1,1) - and that this stream should be significantly harder than the other streams because right before it was a small dubstep break 03:58:312 (1,1,2,1,1) - , so this part should have a strong impact to start off the section
04:06:712 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1) - This feels incredibly over the top for what it's supposed to map. I suggest nerfing this. Not necessarily because it's "too hard" per se, but it's so spaced that it makes the actual second drop feel like a normal section. There isn't much contrast and impact I think. I agree that during a buildup a stream should be steadily increasing, but it should be harder than the actual kiai itself. I really don't think this needs nerfing; I agree the spacing of the stream is higher than any other stream spacing in the kiai that comes after it, but the stream itself is very condensed and uses minimal grid space because of its sharp angles 04:07:162 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - ; also I think you made a typo, if you really meant that the stream should be harder than the kiai itself, I agree :D

Ty for mod, even though I denied all xd
00:24:712 (1,2,3) - Personally, I think these play and look fine.
00:36:712 (1,2,3) idk what u mean by triangle, but I didn't like the way it flowed either so I re arranged it.
01:56:062 (1) -There's equally nothing significant at 01:56:212 (2) - than there is at 01:55:537 (2,3) - , tbh (But i think all of those are significant sounds so I'm keeping the kick sliders.)
04:01:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Since this is the 2nd part of the section so it should not have as big as an impact as the start, the synth melody is actually going down in pitch at this section, while the stream section after it goes up in pitch; therefore I think these sections' intensities matching the note pitch is perfectly justified.
05:01:012 (1,2,3,4,5) - The rhythm is right; there's still the same synth melody that was playing at 04:58:612 (1,2,3,4,5) - , it's just quieter.


New .osu: https://puu.sh/wfQVD/62e920f209.osu
posted
Hello there
posted
was looking at this in the editor and saw a few things that bugged me, so here you go:

00:24:112 (2,3,1) - At these points it looks like a stack error. Maybe you chose to keep it like it, but as is, it's very choppy. Perhaps move the stacked notes to a more distant area (maybe like this )
00:48:712 (1) - On the top of this slider, it seems really flat and concise. imo it looks better when its more puffy and moved up. your call idk
00:51:562 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This rhythm is really weird. You make up the 3 drums with 3 notes, but then a double note with a slider, which only requires one click. I would make the 3 sliders three doubles instead, to make up for the 2 drums.
01:01:162 (1,2,3,1,1,1) - ^^^
01:23:512 (1,2) - this overlap is kinda gross looking idk
01:55:762 (3,4,1) - Crazyyy. You can keep it since it does comply with the sr but like... on 200bpm :o (removing it doesn't change the sr either tho).
02:10:312 (1) - to 02:13:312 (3) - HoLy VoLuMe default skin
03:07:312 (1) - I slowed this to 25% and there are still notes on the red and white ticks. I can't see the reason for this 1/3 slider :((
04:05:512 (1) - again HoLy VoLuMe
04:57:862 (1) - There's an important drum on the sliderend, which I think removes its emphasis. If u wanna keep it that's fine but I disagree with this kind fo backwards emphasis ://
05:34:312 (1) - Maybe raise the volume a bit here, I can't hear anything xdd
05:44:512 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Bit of an intense stream in a cool-down part of the song. Maybe scale it down or turn half of it into a slider or something.


awesome map, really great aesthetics, consistent flow, pretty bg. its got it all. hoping that the rc will send this map straight to ranked! xoxo

~pokey
posted
living color v2??
posted
Applied stuff from all the mods! Will reply with a proper reply a bit later ~
posted
very nice stuff!
posted
This looks like rrtyui's Atmosphere on steroids, pretty sick-beautiful map Bonzi, ProBox and Sing!
show more
Please sign in to reply.