forum

Followpoints not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Llthyn
Hello ,

So to optimize how good i play- i select things i like from different skins and put them in one ,
however i found a problem recently.

There was this HD skin with 23 followpoints - so i thought that i tried it out
But for some reason - it's not working for some reason , the followpoints just appear transparent in-game

Here's how it looks in the folder : https://prnt.sc/fh8svp

It works on default skin from which i took it
But not on the one i placed it to
Geroyuni
You probably have followpoint (without numbers) in the folder as well. If that file is in the folder, it'll just use that and ignore the files with numbers.

Edit (clarification for people who stumble upon this in the future):
I retested having followpoint.png in the folder and it doesn't seem to have any real effect. It seems to be the one that gets consistently ignored now. Things worth trying:

-See if followpoint-x starts with 0 instead of 1
-If you use AnimationFramerate in your skin.ini then you'll have to test different numbers. Keep in mind that followpoint does work without any problems if you don't use AnimationFramerate (thus why it will work in a folder that doesn't have skin.ini at all) so if removing AnimationFramerate won't break any other part of your skin, just remove it.
Topic Starter
Llthyn

Geroyuni wrote:

You probably have followpoint (without numbers) in the folder as well. If that file is in the folder, it'll just use that and ignore the files with numbers.
In the original folder where the followpoints work - that's all there is from followpoints , as shown in the image
Maybe there's something else that determines followpoints to work ?
Geroyuni
And in the folder where it doesn't work? Does it have a followpoint.png file?
Topic Starter
Llthyn

Geroyuni wrote:

And in the folder where it doesn't work? Does it have a followpoint.png file?

In the folder where it doesn't work - there's only those followpoints which are shown in the image as well
Geroyuni
Not sure what it is then. 2 things I would try testing are: Changing AnimationFramerate over in skin.ini and decreasing number of frames (amount of images). If these don't work then someone else might be able to help you
Topic Starter
Llthyn

Geroyuni wrote:

Not sure what it is then. 2 things I would try testing are: Changing AnimationFramerate over in skin.ini and decreasing number of frames (amount of images). If these don't work then someone else might be able to help you
Changed the framerate to 23 and worked like a charm , big thanks to you
Geroyuni
Nice. If you have any other questions post it in this thread (as asked in the skinning guidelines, last item in the list)