forum

The osu!monthly #5

posted
Total Posts
show more
Starrodkirby86
I wasn't meaning to take your post as an offense or anything, sorry. I suppose my post made an implication that assumed your post was an accusation, but my intentions were just trying to think of any possible reason of a lack of publication. Anyway, things are chugging along, and yeah. :)

On the flipside, we're trying to optimize ourselves and plan farther ahead, picking up from what we learned in the past issues. We'll try our best.
YGOkid8
i'm not bothered at all, as long as it comes out.
Topic Starter
jjrocks
Hi everyone, I want to apologize for our decision to delay the osu!monthly #6 until next month. As the school year started our lives became hectic, and while each problem depended on the problem getting used to several obligations and managing time well seemed to be the general problem behind postponing the issue.

I personally apologize for the lack of an osu!monthly this month, this was mostly due to my poor planning and unforeseen circumstances that occurred. I owe a debt to all fans of the osu!monthly, something that can't easily be paid back, their trust. As we try to streamline ourselves back into a stable and functional status let us hope that we can try to pay back a debt. I deeply apologize for this delay and as we move onto the future, we'll try to provide a consistent, on-time, well done edition of the osu!monthly.

Apologies,
jjrocks - Leader of The osu!monthly.
LuigiHann
Off with his head!
Cheer-no

LuigiHann wrote:

Off with his head!
Corin
KILL HIM!

ily really jj <3
Firo Prochainezo
Any coincidence that this all started happening since Vext joined?
Quaraezha
Mmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaybe
Vext_old
Probably.
ouranhshc
anyone need adrenaline shots
Ekaru
I love you guys! \o/
Raging Bull
Aw I don't want it delayed again ._.
ouranhshc
posting in here was jj's idea
Pereira006

ouranhshc wrote:

posting in here was jj's idea
I thought new monthly but ultimately is not ._.
you troll
Apex_old
I can offer my help as a writer.

Test Sample:

Title: Storyboarding

You ever tried to story board a map?

Well if you don't, let me introduce you to the world of storyboarding, also known as SB.

There are four features of SBing. Movement, Fading, Rotation, and Scaling.

It is how amazing that the osu! developper, peppy transformed a extremely hard flash which needs coding and all complicated things like that to using sprites and to animate them with a single click or a single mousedrag.

Movement, there are two important(or more) places of this function, the starting and the ending. For example, you started your animation at the top left corner, at the ending you moved it to the bottom left corner. Then, when you initiate it, it will be a sprite animation of a sprite moving from the place you located at the start to the place you located for the ending.

Movement is a major function for SBing, it controls vibrations, movements of characters and more things of that. It can be use to create movements of sprites.

Second, we'll explain Fading.

Fading is a function which you control the opacity(the state of being transparent, able to see through) the sprites. At the start, you drag the mouse up and down to control the opacity of the sprite(Thank you CrazyJay for your help!), and it just works like that.

Fading's functions are for fading(duh) your sprites, creating special effects like a wave, lightning. It can be used to diminish a moving sprite like a wave.

That's for this time, next time, I'll explain about scaling and rotating.
Backfire
You're supposed to submit an application.
Apex_old
OK, I want to apply for writer.

Here's a some shitty poet I wrote:

Pine Tree:

I gazed at the pine tree,
standing front of me.
From the fourth floor.

Your enormous body positioned upright,
even humans can not control you.

You stretched out your hands,
waving toward us.
Like saying to us egotistic humans:
"Hello!"

Maybe,
we humans are not the real controllers.
YGOkid8
hey there, Zerobladers :)
if you want to apply, get your osu!monthly #5 and follow the links provided thanks~

EDIT: in fact, here's the link.
Quaraezha

Zerobladers wrote:

Umm, yeah, good luck.
YGOkid8
now now Quaraezha, be nice :D
Vext_old

Zerobladers wrote:

OK, I want to apply for writer.

Pine Tree: