Daughter - Medicine (Sound Remedy Remix)

posted
Total Posts
19
Topic Starter
fowwo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 11:38:59 PM

Artist: Daughter
Title: Medicine (Sound Remedy Remix)
BPM: 70
Filesize: 15604kb
Play Time: 07:01
Difficulties Available:
  1. Overdose (6.24 stars, 1025 notes)


Download: Daughter - Medicine (Sound Remedy Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
o boi first marathon map!
to people modding: cs4 or cs4.5?
4/16 - fixed some sliders and added cs4 version (original is cs4.5) to test overlap and errors
4/17 - storyboard yay
6/11 - first mod two months later >.> thank you votex09 :D
6/17 - added new hitsounds - redownload the map!
- modded my own map because I can't get mods lol (fixed some small things)
- re-did 50% of sliders at the end
- minor change to storyboard at the end
7/01 - minor changes
- added SliderBorder color
- added SliderTrackOverride color
> votex09
> Neoskylove
> Nightsky
> walter85
> Flowziee
> [Crz]Sword
votex09
Pretty good man, fix those sliders and get some fame so you can get this is Qualifying... its good imo.
In-Game Chat Log
20:03 votex09: okay then
20:03 votex09: might as well
20:03 votex09: np your map
20:03 *votex09 is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1300287 Kayzo - Fired Up (feat. Nina Sung) (Synchronice remix) [Fired Up]]
20:03 KeyLoGreen: o k a y t h e n
20:03 KeyLoGreen: wait
20:04 KeyLoGreen: but I don't know how to mod
20:04 KeyLoGreen: not good at least
20:04 votex09: lol
20:04 votex09: its fine
20:04 votex09: me neither really
20:04 votex09: I have 0 successful maps
20:04 votex09: so no pressure really
20:04 KeyLoGreen: I have -1 successful maps
20:04 *KeyLoGreen is watching [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1268235 Daughter - Medicine (Sound Remedy Remix) [Overdose]] +HardRock |Autoplay|
20:07 votex09: you're obviousally a better mapper than me
20:07 votex09: its almost painful how much better you are
20:08 KeyLoGreen: lol
20:09 votex09: that spinner string though
20:10 KeyLoGreen: Yeah, I know xD
20:11 votex09: if i'm being honest
20:11 votex09: I cant mod this
20:11 KeyLoGreen: I don't know how to mod your map either xD
20:11 votex09: lol
20:11 votex09: none of anything I'll say will benifit you really
20:11 votex09: umm
20:12 votex09: good use of hitsounds
20:12 votex09: map flows nice
20:13 KeyLoGreen: thank
20:13 KeyLoGreen: I guess I can try to mod your map
20:13 KeyLoGreen: It won't be good though
20:14 votex09: okay lol
20:14 votex09: I'm not as good as you so you'll find something bad in there
20:20 votex09: maybe i do have something to mod for you
20:20 votex09: lol
20:20 votex09: your overall consistancy is great
20:21 votex09: but for me when i watch this being played its like you cant decide on one thing, that or i'm not seeing what it is that makes you want to curve or not curve sliders at the end of your burst streams
20:22 votex09: Like 01:06:134 (8) -
20:23 KeyLoGreen: oh
20:23 votex09: then 01:28:420 (6) - is different for some reason
20:23 votex09: even though the song sounds the same
20:23 KeyLoGreen: Yeahhhh, idk.
20:24 KeyLoGreen: I had no reason to change the shape of the slider.
20:24 votex09: I see
20:24 votex09: I'd go through and decide if you want them curved or not
20:24 KeyLoGreen: I just kinda did it because I thought it looked good?
20:24 KeyLoGreen: Okay, I will
20:24 votex09: there are some that need the curve and some that can get away with not having it
20:24 votex09: 01:12:992 (6) - that one obv needs it
20:25 votex09: so that good
20:25 votex09: if it was straight it would be weird
20:26 votex09: 01:31:849 (6) - this one is inverted
20:26 votex09: for some reason
20:26 votex09: this one could probably get away being straight
20:26 votex09: because you cross over directly going backwards
20:29 votex09: other than that i think you're good man
20:29 votex09: why is this not in qualifying
20:30 KeyLoGreen: because nobody knows who I am
20:30 votex09: i resonate with that statement lol
20:30 KeyLoGreen: but yeah, I see what you mean with the slider thing
20:30 votex09: glad i could help
20:31 KeyLoGreen: thank you c:
20:31 votex09: anything for me?
20:31 votex09: xD
20:31 KeyLoGreen: If you want, you can post something on the page and I'll give you kds
20:31 KeyLoGreen: Yeah, but I'm not good at modding
20:31 KeyLoGreen: give me a sec xD
Topic Starter
fowwo

votex09 wrote:

get some fame
that will never happen to me :^(
Affirmation
Q

[overdose]
00:39:563 (4,5,6,7) - hard to read it
02:05:277 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - conbocolor is same with SB color, so players can hard to see this/
04:37:849 (1,2,3,4) - stack makes hard reading, I suggest overlap.
04:39:563 (1,2,3,4) - ^

GL
Topic Starter
fowwo

Neoskylove wrote:

Queue ;p

[overdose]
00:39:563 (4,5,6,7) - hard to read it Maybe, but considering that this same pattern appears multiple times just after this, and that it's not even thirty seconds into drain time, I think it should be fine.
02:05:277 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - conbocolor is same with SB color, so players can hard to see this/ Good point. Changed combo color from 249,0,255 to 255,0,160
04:37:849 (1,2,3,4) - stack makes hard reading, I suggest overlap. Done.
04:39:563 (1,2,3,4) - ^ Done.

GL Thank you. I'll need it! :D
tactical loli
this map is basically perfect as is from what im looking at. Why are you still looking for mods when you should be looking for bn nominators
Nightsky
From my modding queue

Overdose

- 02:07:206 (2) - Ctrl+G, then copy 02:06:992 (1,2) the sliders again and put them on the right since 02:07:420 (3,4) the space in these sliders feels weird so I thought you could do that.
- 02:56:134 (2) - This slider doesn't fit the pattern you were doing before. Change it to circles if you want.
- 06:20:706 (1) - Don't really need these many points on the slider, a simple round slider is enough.

Other than that there's nothing I can spot. Excellent map though, would like seeing this get ranked.
Good luck! :D
walter85
Hi! From my queue

[General]

Check AiMod? Idk it seems you have some missing files from the sb

[Gameplay stuff]

00:39:563 (4,5,6) - reduce the spacing a bit? it's a bit unclear since it's the same distance you used for 1/4 beats before, and it can be a bit confusing at first
00:53:277 (4,5,6) - same
Other like that are fine I guess, since by then the player would already be comfortable with the rhythm

02:05:277 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - these jumps are a bit overdone imo, I think it's better to reduce the spacing a bit, also be sure to check some bad overlaps like 02:05:420 (2,5) -
02:08:706 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - same
02:12:277 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^
I won't list all of them, but check them anyways, in general i think spacing between 1/6 beats should be reduced just a bit

04:03:563 - starting from here to 04:33:992 -, I think a better way to represent the music there is to put a circle when there's the drum sound and the spinner shortly after that, like this (look at the timeline) (and silence the spinner end)

[Aesthetic stuff]

00:13:849 (1) - looks better like this imo
00:50:706 (5) - move this a bit up, it's too close to 00:49:849 (3) -
01:27:349 (8) - same but with (6)
Also be sure to check all the tricky overlaps, stuff like 02:19:134 (2,4,6) - is fine, but other circles that barely touch each other are ugly imo
04:42:992 (1,2,3,4,5) - This is better imo
06:17:277 (1) - imo

That's all! Good luck!
Topic Starter
fowwo

Nightsky wrote:

From my modding queue

Overdose

- 02:07:206 (2) - Ctrl+G, then copy 02:06:992 (1,2) the sliders again and put them on the right since 02:07:420 (3,4) the space in these sliders feels weird so I thought you could do that. I didn't do exactly what you recommended, but you're right with the weird spacing. Changed.
- 02:56:134 (2) - This slider doesn't fit the pattern you were doing before. Change it to circles if you want. I used this same pattern multiple times before though - 02:35:277 (1,2,3,4) - 02:42:134 (1,2,3,4) - 02:48:992 (1,2,3,4) - I will keep this the same.
- 06:20:706 (1) - Don't really need these many points on the slider, a simple round slider is enough. You're right, but I was trying to copy the same shape from the slider just before it. I will go back and fix this later so I can keep what I want and have the simple round slider. Too lazy rn ;p

Other than that there's nothing I can spot. Excellent map though, would like seeing this get ranked. Thank you. c:
Good luck! :DI'll need it!

walter85 wrote:

Hi! From my queue

[General]

Check AiMod? Idk it seems you have some missing files from the sb ahh right. I was experimenting with the storyboard and forgot to remove them from the .osb D: Fixed.

[Gameplay stuff]

00:39:563 (4,5,6) - reduce the spacing a bit? it's a bit unclear since it's the same distance you used for 1/4 beats before, and it can be a bit confusing at first I'm gonna leave this how it is, but I suppose you make a point. I'll consider changing these later; maybe changing the combo colors.
00:53:277 (4,5,6) - same ^
Other like that are fine I guess, since by then the player would already be comfortable with the rhythm That's what I was hoping, considering it's less than thirty seconds (drain) in the map

02:05:277 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - these jumps are a bit overdone imo, I think it's better to reduce the spacing a bit, also be sure to check some bad overlaps like 02:05:420 (2,5) - I'm gonna leave the spacing of the jumps, but I will fix all of the bad overlaps.
02:08:706 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - same ^
02:12:277 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^ ^
I won't list all of them, but check them anyways, in general i think spacing between 1/6 beats should be reduced just a bit ^

04:03:563 - starting from here to 04:33:992 -, I think a better way to represent the music there is to put a circle when there's the drum sound and the spinner shortly after that, like this (look at the timeline) (and silence the spinner end) I understand what you mean, but I'm gonna choose to keep what I have there (even though nine consecutive spinners seems kinda strange ;p). Also, the sound I'm mapping the spinners to starts on quarter notes (white ticks), so I'd rather start the spinner there than on the yellow ticks.

[Aesthetic stuff]

00:13:849 (1) - looks better like this imo Cool. I changed it to something like that.
00:50:706 (5) - move this a bit up, it's too close to 00:49:849 (3) - This was intentional. The distance between the end of 3 and 4 is the same as the distance between the end of 3 and 5. Keeping this the same.
01:27:349 (8) - same but with (6) I don't see a problem here.
Also be sure to check all the tricky overlaps, stuff like 02:19:134 (2,4,6) - is fine, but other circles that barely touch each other are ugly imo
04:42:992 (1,2,3,4,5) - This is better imo I don't understand what's wrong with what I already had.
06:17:277 (1) - imo I don't understand what's wrong with what I already had, but I made a small little edit anyway.

That's all! Good luck! Thank you! I'll need it! c:
Topic Starter
fowwo

Nightsky wrote:

- 06:20:706 (1) - Don't really need these many points on the slider, a simple round slider is enough. You're right, but I was trying to copy the same shape from the slider just before it. I will go back and fix this later so I can keep what I want and have the simple round slider. Too lazy rn ;p Fixed it now. :)
Flowziee
hihi mod from t/591067

First Look

On first impressions, this map is decently mapped and fit with the intensity of the song. However, I immediately noticed many unnecessarily placed notes that don't mark important sounds of the song. +1 for the storyboard lol
00:30:563 (6) - Uhh, this note doesn't distinguish any sounds and seems unnecessary.
00:30:884 (1,2) - Why not just delete (1) and then put (2) 1/8 tick earlier? seems more fitting tbh
00:31:849 (3) - Unnecessary, I suggest deleting it and putting (4) in the same spot in the playfield.
00:33:563 (7,8) - A full beat slider seems more fitting.
00:37:742 (1,2) - Same as 00:30:884 (1,2)
00:44:599 (1,2) - Same as 00:30:884 (1,2)
00:51:456 (1,2) - Same as 00:30:884 (1,2)
00:56:063 (7) - I know you might want some variety to the streams but 5 1/8 notes with a 1/4 doesn't really work.. do like what you did to the rest and replace the 5th one with a slider.
00:57:777 (8) - Same as 00:56:063 (7)
01:20:063 (7) - Same as 00:56:063 (7)
01:23:492 (7) - Same as 00:56:063 (7)
01:50:706 (4) - Doesn't need a reverse tbh
04:03:563 (1) - 8 spinners?!? I think adding a hitcircle on the red ticks after each spinner would make this part a little bit unique.
04:51:349 (3) - Dunno, imo I think it should face opposite of (2) for better flow.
04:53:063 (3) - Same as 04:51:349 (3)
05:08:492 (3) - Same as 04:51:349 (3)
05:40:706 (2) - Flip it vertically for better flow.(place 3 a bit farther if you want to)

Other than that, very well made map and some very clever ideas :D This map definitely has potential.
Topic Starter
fowwo

Flowziee wrote:

hihi mod from t/591067

First Look

On first impressions, this map is decently mapped and fit with the intensity of the song. However, I immediately noticed many unnecessarily placed notes that don't mark important sounds of the song. +1 for the storyboard lol thank you lol
00:30:563 (6) - Uhh, this note doesn't distinguish any sounds and seems unnecessary. There are sounds on every red tick.
00:30:884 (1,2) - Why not just delete (1) and then put (2) 1/8 tick earlier? seems more fitting tbh but there is a sound on both 1 and 2 D:
00:31:849 (3) - Unnecessary, I suggest deleting it and putting (4) in the same spot in the playfield. Why is this unnecessary? I don't understand. You say there are "unnecessarily placed notes that don't mark important sounds of the song," but there is a perfectly audible sound for that circle.
00:33:563 (7,8) - A full beat slider seems more fitting. how tho
00:37:742 (1,2) - Same as 00:30:884 (1,2) but there is a sound on both 1 and 2 D:
00:44:599 (1,2) - Same as 00:30:884 (1,2) but there is a sound on both 1 and 2 D:
00:51:456 (1,2) - Same as 00:30:884 (1,2) but there is a sound on both 1 and 2 D:
00:56:063 (7) - I know you might want some variety to the streams but 5 1/8 notes with a 1/4 doesn't really work.. do like what you did to the rest and replace the 5th one with a slider. I don't understand what the problem is. How doesn't this work?
00:57:777 (8) - Same as 00:56:063 (7) I don't understand what the problem is. How doesn't this work?
01:20:063 (7) - Same as 00:56:063 (7) I don't understand what the problem is. How doesn't this work?
01:23:492 (7) - Same as 00:56:063 (7) I don't understand what the problem is. How doesn't this work?
01:50:706 (4) - Doesn't need a reverse tbh Why not? It seems perfectly fine to me.
04:03:563 (1) - 8 spinners?!? I think adding a hitcircle on the red ticks after each spinner would make this part a little bit unique. Actually,
it's nine spinners (xd), and there is no sound on the red ticks. Yes, it may be a little boring, but what I mapped there is fine.

04:51:349 (3) - Dunno, imo I think it should face opposite of (2) for better flow. How I have it now seems to flow fine.
04:53:063 (3) - Same as 04:51:349 (3) This two-slider pattern is used about six times, and it flows fine. This one seems to 'flow' better without flipping it.
05:08:492 (3) - Same as 04:51:349 (3) Again, this one seems to 'flow' better without flipping it.
05:40:706 (2) - Flip it vertically for better flow.(place 3 a bit farther if you want to)This flows fine. I don't see the problem. I can't keep everything circular the whole map, if that's what you are suggesting I do.

Other than that, very well made map and some very clever ideas :D This map definitely has potential.Thank you c:
Flowziee

KeyLoGreen wrote:

Flowziee wrote:

hihi mod from t/591067

First Look

On first impressions, this map is decently mapped and fit with the intensity of the song. However, I immediately noticed many unnecessarily placed notes that don't mark important sounds of the song. +1 for the storyboard lol thank you lol
00:30:563 (6) - Uhh, this note doesn't distinguish any sounds and seems unnecessary. There are sounds on every red tick. ?????? i cant hear anything on this tick
00:30:884 (1,2) - Why not just delete (1) and then put (2) 1/8 tick earlier? seems more fitting tbh but there is a sound on both 1 and 2 D: ah yes sorry about that, i didn't hear the slight sound.. i should have slowed it to 25%
00:31:849 (3) - Unnecessary, I suggest deleting it and putting (4) in the same spot in the playfield. Why is this unnecessary? I don't understand. You say there are "unnecessarily placed notes that don't mark important sounds of the song," but there is a perfectly audible sound for that circle. oh sorry didnt hear the piano lol
00:33:563 (7,8) - A full beat slider seems more fitting. how tho ok because in this situation it's almost impossible to place a full beat slider with acceptable spacing, I can accept this.
00:37:742 (1,2) - Same as 00:30:884 (1,2) but there is a sound on both 1 and 2 D: ah yes sorry about that, i didn't hear the slight sound.. i should have slowed it to 25%
00:44:599 (1,2) - Same as 00:30:884 (1,2) but there is a sound on both 1 and 2 D: ah yes sorry about that, i didn't hear the slight sound.. i should have slowed it to 25%
00:51:456 (1,2) - Same as 00:30:884 (1,2) but there is a sound on both 1 and 2 D: ah yes sorry about that, i didn't hear the slight sound.. i should have slowed it to 25%
00:56:063 (7) - I know you might want some variety to the streams but 5 1/8 notes with a 1/4 doesn't really work.. do like what you did to the rest and replace the 5th one with a slider. I don't understand what the problem is. How doesn't this work? It doesn't work quite well because it is a snare, which is slightly dragged.That's why I suggest a slider because it is more fitting.
00:57:777 (8) - Same as 00:56:063 (7) I don't understand what the problem is. How doesn't this work? It doesn't work quite well because it is a snare, which is slightly dragged.That's why I suggest a slider because it is more fitting.
01:20:063 (7) - Same as 00:56:063 (7) I don't understand what the problem is. How doesn't this work? It doesn't work quite well because it is a snare, which is slightly dragged.That's why I suggest a slider because it is more fitting.
01:23:492 (7) - Same as 00:56:063 (7) I don't understand what the problem is. How doesn't this work? It doesn't work quite well because it is a snare, which is slightly dragged.That's why I suggest a slider because it is more fitting.
01:50:706 (4) - Doesn't need a reverse tbh Why not? It seems perfectly fine to me. I feel like the middle reverse sliderend is unnecessary because the vocal dragged but didn't change in volume or intensity.
04:03:563 (1) - 8 spinners?!? I think adding a hitcircle on the red ticks after each spinner would make this part a little bit unique. Actually,
it's nine spinners (xd), and there is no sound on the red ticks. Yes, it may be a little boring, but what I mapped there is fine.
It is fine,yes, I just thought you might add a hitcircle, but yeah your mapping here is completely fine.
04:51:349 (3) - Dunno, imo I think it should face opposite of (2) for better flow. How I have it now seems to flow fine. This certain part had an anti-clockwise circular flow so I suggested flipping it so that it continues the anti-clockwise flow.
04:53:063 (3) - Same as 04:51:349 (3) This two-slider pattern is used about six times, and it flows fine. This one seems to 'flow' better without flipping it. This certain part had an anti-clockwise circular flow so I suggested flipping it so that it continues the anti-clockwise flow.
05:08:492 (3) - Same as 04:51:349 (3) Again, this one seems to 'flow' better without flipping it. In this case, this is acceptable since it flows better than my suggestion.
05:40:706 (2) - Flip it vertically for better flow.(place 3 a bit farther if you want to)This flows fine. I don't see the problem. I can't keep everything circular the whole map, if that's what you are suggesting I do. I can't force you to change since your intention was to probably make this difficult, so yeah this is fine as well.

Other than that, very well made map and some very clever ideas :D This map definitely has potential.Thank you c:
[Crz]Makii
from q.
[Overdose]
  1. 02:51:992 (3,1) - a small overlap
  2. 04:03:563 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - consecutive spinners are weird,as players will bored in such long time spinners...change some spinners to long sliders is better.
  3. 04:51:992 (3) - How to move it to a proper site that make 04:51:563 (1,2,3,4) - more symmetry?
  4. 04:57:134 (5,5) - both suggest to NC that they have another ds in stream
  5. 05:10:849 (5,5) - ^

wow it's a high-quality map and I think it deserves a star!
GL~
Topic Starter
fowwo

[Crz]Sword wrote:

from q.
[Overdose]
  1. 02:51:992 (3,1) - a small overlap Fixed!
  2. 04:03:563 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - consecutive spinners are weird,as players will bored in such long time spinners...change some spinners to long sliders is better. I'm going to keep the long spinners for now, but the long sliders thing sounds like a good idea. I'll do that if this is a problem to a lot of other people as well. c:
  3. 04:51:992 (3) - How to move it to a proper site that make 04:51:563 (1,2,3,4) - more symmetry? I re-did this part. It should be good now!
  4. 04:57:134 (5,5) - both suggest to NC that they have another ds in stream Alright, changed!
  5. 05:10:849 (5,5) - ^ ^

wow it's a high-quality map and I think it deserves a star!
GL~ Thank you! I'll need it c:
Hobbes2
from q

Man this storyboard is something else lol

First kia -

02:05:277 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Let's take this first of all. In the music, the sounds for 02:05:706 (4,5,6) - and 02:06:563 (4,5,6) - are the most intense, while the sounds for 02:05:277 (1,2,3) - and 02:06:134 (1,2,3) - are less intense, however you map them with the same spacing and similar angles. This kinda just makes the whole thing mesh together without any emphasis on the more important sounds.

This pretty repeats much throughout this kiai, 02:08:706 (1) etc

Aesthetically this has some neat ideas, but some patterns just feel ugly and disconnected from the rest of the concepts. 02:17:492 (2,3,1,2) - For examples stands out as a bit messy.

You're pretty consistent within your own concepts, which is a good thing.

02:30:992 - For this part of the chorus, there are somethings I disagree with. Circles are inherently more pressure on the player than sliders, so the way you express some of the intense sounds with sliders doesn't make much sense to me. For example, 02:32:277 (3) - is by far the most intense part of the music here with the 3 super high pitched sounds, however it is mapped with a reverse slider making it the easiest to play. You do this again for some reason and I'm not sure why (i.e. 02:52:849 (3) - )
02:33:992 (3,4,5) - Here they're mapped as circles, which is good!
02:35:277 (1,2,3) - to be consistent within your own rhythm selections, ctrl+g 02:35:563 (2,3) - for the correct rhythm. Similar thing for 02:48:992 (1,2) -

Second kiai -

Consider silencing the tails of these sliders 04:50:277 (2,3), 04:49:420 (2,3), etc. They're mapped to the synth sound so the tail doesn't really land on anything, which makes this sound a lot nosier than it should.
04:56:384 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is actually really nice
04:59:813 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - hitsounding here sounds a bit weird lol, also I think you could express those claps on 05:00:134 05:00:456 - and 05:00:777 - with kicksliders to make them stand out as opposed to making everything circles. Same for 05:13:849 (1) -
05:11:277 (1,2,3,4,1) - Hm...looks weird to me. Just use the same shape as 05:10:420 (1,2,3,4,1) - instead? would make the pattern look nicer.

Second half of this kiai has the same issues as earlier.

Overall this map has potential. It's not ready yet, due to the issues above and a few more. Your map is rather consistent within its own ideas, but those ideas themselves are what need work. Also aesthetically there are patterns that can be improved. I recommend getting more mods! Great song by the way, and hope I was of some help to you.
Topic Starter
fowwo

Hobbes2 wrote:

from queueueueue

Man this storyboard is something else lol ;p Good thing or bad thing? xD

First kiai -

02:05:277 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Let's take this first of all. In the music, the sounds for 02:05:706 (4,5,6) - and 02:06:563 (4,5,6) - are the most intense, while the sounds for 02:05:277 (1,2,3) - and 02:06:134 (1,2,3) - are less intense, however you map them with the same spacing and similar angles. This kinda just makes the whole thing mesh together without any emphasis on the more important sounds. Right... right. For whatever reason, I had this idea in mind but never actually did it. I will remap this though and fix this.

This pretty repeats much throughout this kiai, 02:08:706 (1) etc gotcha ✓

Aesthetically this has some neat ideas, but some patterns just feel ugly and disconnected from the rest of the concepts. 02:17:492 (2,3,1,2) - For examples stands out as a bit messy. Okay, this is a little ugly, but I don't see any other ugly ones. Will fix!

You're pretty consistent within your own concepts, which is a good thing. yay!

02:30:992 - For this part of the chorus, there are somethings I disagree with. Circles are inherently more pressure on the player than sliders, so the way you express some of the intense sounds with sliders doesn't make much sense to me. For example, 02:32:277 (3) - is by far the most intense part of the music here with the 3 super high pitched sounds, however it is mapped with a reverse slider making it the easiest to play. You do this again for some reason and I'm not sure why (i.e. 02:52:849 (3) - ) Right, duh. I think I'm gonna need to remap this stuff because three months ago (when I made this), I hadn't learned this stuff.
02:33:992 (3,4,5) - Here they're mapped as circles, which is good!yay! not sure why I even changed it, but yay!
02:35:277 (1,2,3) - to be consistent within your own rhythm selections, ctrl+g 02:35:563 (2,3) - for the correct rhythm. Similar thing for 02:48:992 (1,2) - Okay, but for 02:35:849 (3,4) - and 02:49:563 (3,4) - , I intentionally made these circles for the emphasis on important sounds reason. I can't swap 2 and 3 without messing this up, and I'm not exactly sure what ctrl+g on 02:48:992 (1,2) - even does to help.

Second kiai -

Consider silencing the tails of these sliders 04:50:277 (2,3), 04:49:420 (2,3), etc. They're mapped to the synth sound so the tail doesn't really land on anything, which makes this sound a lot nosier than it should. Alright. Silenced all of the 'synth sound' slider tails.
04:56:384 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is actually really nice ❤❤❤❤❤
04:59:813 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - hitsounding here sounds a bit weird lol alright lol. I'll see if I can do better, also I think you could express those claps on 05:00:134 05:00:456 - and 05:00:777 - with kicksliders to make them stand out as opposed to making everything circles. Same for 05:13:849 (1) - woaH! I never thought about kick sliders here, but I will try it out and see how it looks.
05:11:277 (1,2,3,4,1) - Hm...looks weird to me. Just use the same shape as 05:10:420 (1,2,3,4,1) - instead? would make the pattern look nicer. This doesn't look weird to me, but if it's different, I think it's because I needed (wanted) to keep 05:11:277 (1) - where it was, and have 05:11:170 (4,3) - overlap at the same time.

Second half of this kiai has the same issues as earlier.

Overall this map has potential. It's not ready yet, due to the issues above and a few more. Your map is rather consistent within its own ideas, but those ideas themselves are what need work. Also aesthetically there are patterns that can be improved. I recommend getting more mods! Great song by the way, and hope I was of some help to you. Thank you c: Luckily for me, I think I don't make the same mistakes as I did three months ago, and I can fix all of these issues. Too bad finding good mods is harder than getting 800pp plays. ;c
Kuro Fuyusaki
Heya~ From my modQ

[Gameplay]
distinct and decent style, thumbs up (also dem SB)

I didn't feel like play it naturally espeically at 02:30:992 - chorus because the circle and the slider doesn't seem synchronized much. Tho it's already pointed at previous mod. So, i just want to point out.

Mostly is pure suggestion so you could instead ignore it
  1. 00:39:563 (4,5,6) - I don't know how many people already pointing this out, lol. But seriously, reduce the spacing. There's 2 point that makes it confusing, First is low SV + polarity (centrifugal force), Second is the pace. Even if you changed the combo color (considerably also the SB) it won't make any change. I suggest space like this is preferable so it could make a distinct change .
  2. 00:53:277 (4,5,6) - I can't it's the literal same case as above but you still want to reduce the space a bit, not as extreme as above because it had centripetal force and escalating pace. Well, from the current position, stack end slider 00:53:599 (5) - to start point slider 00:52:420 (3) - , Move 00:53:920 (6) - around x:407 y:171, and lastly stack start point slider 00:54:134 (7) - to start point slider 00:53:599 (5) - . I don't really complain with the latter same pattern because some player must already grasp the early point and would be intuitively follow the same pattern
  3. 03:01:849 - till 03:05:277 - I don't think that extended break point (i dont know what it's called) is necessary, there isn't any definite transition, it looks weird. Just put a normal break. I don't have any problem with the latter one, tho
  4. 03:16:420 (5,6,7) - quite confusing, alright. put same DS as the previous slider
  5. 03:39:617 (1) - why not make long slider so it could follow the rhythm all the way before move into the lower pace. I say, extend it to 03:53:277 - and lower the volume bit by bit.
  6. 05:46:420 - 05:49:849 - same case as break point before


[Other]
  1. 06:03:563 (1) - make the latter sliding point waving rather than curving above


Hope it helps~
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply