How do you get BNs to look at your map?

posted
Total Posts
8
Topic Starter
Worldwide
My map - Konzatsu Communication
It already has a fair amount of mods on it and Stefan has looked at it.
I've tried PMing many of the Taiko BNs but none of them have responded and it a lot of them don't look like they'll be free anytime soon/don't take requests/flatout ignore you.

what do
Flannel
"Step 2: Calling a BN

Once your map has been pending a while, has a relatively high star priority, and you think it's perfect and ready to be ranked, it could be time to call up a Beatmap Nominator. Make sure you check the team member in question's signature or userpage to see whether they have a modding policy: if they're open to requests or there's nothing there, ask them politely in game if they wouldn't mind taking a look at your map. Lots of BN are extremely busy — there are an awful lot of pending maps to get through, so don't be too disheartened if you are turned down. Having plenty of mods and kudos stars on your map will help encourage BN to look at your map, so if you're having difficulties throwing a few more kudos stars your map's way might improve your chances. Once a BN has modded your map and you've made the fixes necessary, call them back to take another look and see whether it is worthy of a bubble."

As found on https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/How_to_Get_Your_Map_Ranked
Should probably take note in there that BN's are extremely busy. Try to be patient.
Mir
First you need the circlejerk, there's no way to rank a map if you don't have connections. That being said, don't spam BNs because you'll get ignored and nobody will want to look at your map. Star priority as you may think doesn't mean anything, if it hits 12 sp you're good to go basically (provided the set is of relatively decent quality (for reference on "quality" check other ranked maps (but not this one https://osu.ppy.sh/s/566465 because that's not what you should be getting ranked(this isn't a good ranked map))).

If you have questions about mapping #memehelp#modhelp and you can get testplays and stuff from there. If you want more mods on your map you can try to poke around in the dumpster that is #modreqs, but don't expect anyone to actually mod your map from there.

Best way is queues but you already knew that, just don't spam all of them and read the rules before you post anything or you will get ignored/blacklisted.

Basically to rank a map you should be getting people telling you that you should rank a map, otherwise you shouldn't be pushing for ranked.

This answer provided to you by the one and only Yuii-.
Hobbes2
snipe modding queues, thats what i did for my first, second, 10th and 90th ranked map
Topic Starter
Worldwide

Mir wrote:

First you need the circlejerk, there's no way to rank a map if you don't have connections. That being said, don't spam BNs because you'll get ignored and nobody will want to look at your map. Star priority as you may think doesn't mean anything, if it hits 12 sp you're good to go basically (provided the set is of relatively decent quality (for reference on "quality" check other ranked maps (but not this one https://osu.ppy.sh/s/566465 because that's not what you should be getting ranked(this isn't a good ranked map))).

If you have questions about mapping #memehelp#modhelp and you can get testplays and stuff from there. If you want more mods on your map you can try to poke around in the dumpster that is #modreqs, but don't expect anyone to actually mod your map from there.

Best way is queues but you already knew that, just don't spam all of them and read the rules before you post anything or you will get ignored/blacklisted.

Basically to rank a map you should be getting people telling you that you should rank a map, otherwise you shouldn't be pushing for ranked.

This answer provided to you by the one and only Yuii-.
Queues? Like mod queues from non-BNs or BN queues?
Topic Starter
Worldwide

Hobbes2 wrote:

snipe modding queues, thats what i did for my first, second, 10th and 90th ranked map
Modding queues are useless to me now cause no one mods the map
Topic Starter
Worldwide

Flannel wrote:

"Step 2: Calling a BN

Once your map has been pending a while, has a relatively high star priority, and you think it's perfect and ready to be ranked, it could be time to call up a Beatmap Nominator. Make sure you check the team member in question's signature or userpage to see whether they have a modding policy: if they're open to requests or there's nothing there, ask them politely in game if they wouldn't mind taking a look at your map. Lots of BN are extremely busy — there are an awful lot of pending maps to get through, so don't be too disheartened if you are turned down. Having plenty of mods and kudos stars on your map will help encourage BN to look at your map, so if you're having difficulties throwing a few more kudos stars your map's way might improve your chances. Once a BN has modded your map and you've made the fixes necessary, call them back to take another look and see whether it is worthy of a bubble."

As found on https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/How_to_Get_Your_Map_Ranked
Should probably take note in there that BN's are extremely busy. Try to be patient.
Throwing a few more kudos stars your map's way? Will that really make a difference? The way I see it, BNs will really only check maps from their friends
_DT3

donkat wrote:

Hobbes2 wrote:

snipe modding queues, thats what i did for my first, second, 10th and 90th ranked map
Modding queues are useless to me now cause no one mods the map
If you time it right, some BNs open rounds that are only open for a short time and the maps posted will be most likely modded

All you really need is patience and wait for the time when BNs are willing to mod your map, some people get mods quickly because they might have some relationship to a BN (nobody quote me on this lol) but if you pour enough effort into your map there will be a BN willing to mod after time
Please sign in to reply.

New reply