forum

DJ Snake feat. AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It

posted
Total Posts
56
show more
Topic Starter
elena2705

IceKalt wrote:

Edit:
Im glad tho that you removed theese sliders: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8280723
they doent look good when they dont have a reson to be there - even if you think so ;)
But there is no sliders like this (in insane diff)
I will answer in your mod later, cause there is night in my country(((
Icekalt
They were there when i overlooked your diff in the beginning when you posted in my Q(i mean the shape tho, not the timing)
Topic Starter
elena2705

IceKalt wrote:

They were there when i overlooked your diff in the beginning when you posted in my Q(i mean the shape tho, not the timing)
Yes, it can be, because today I remaped all this diff, and I always uploaded this map. When I posted it in your queue, this diff was defenetly not like it is now. (It was so ugly)
Now I like insane diff too much, so about moderning this map.
Now, i also mod maps (modern maps) and i notice some things that i like the most. I tried to create my map using these things. So i don't think that this diff isn't modern. Just it's my style of mapping.
You said about overmaping. Cause this song is really difficult for mapping and difficult to understand the rhythm, i added some objects, so that mixture of the song will be more understandale. And this is insane, so if I delete all sounds that you (not only you) think as overmaping, song will be unreadable.
My decision about DS is also fits this song. In old version the map haven't got any DS changes, it was only 1,0x. Some days before I have never played in 3,5* and higher. So I use only one DS. But now I played 4,5* and I understand where, when and how to use it.
About switching music and vocal. This song has outstanding and music, and vocal. So I don't see problem here.
Now I like this diff very much. Sounds, design and rhythm also like. Don't know about other diffs.... Maybe I will remap them. But I want to delete them, cause insane is not like them.
So thanks for your mod! I fixed some things, but I will tell you defenetly about it tomorrow)
Topic Starter
elena2705

IceKalt wrote:

Hey
Coming fro my Q

  • Driving me Insane


Generel
- I dont like how you too often switch between the beeps, voice and drumps - maybe get a bit consistend next time~ Maybe, but as i told about it, i use these switches specially, because and music, and vocal are outstanding, so now it is the most fitable for this song

- 00:20:694 - wouldnt put a circle there - instead here 00:20:847 - because the is this beep-sound you are mapping to I tried, but it sounds really bad and it is not understandable at all....

- 00:21:000 (5,6) - blanket slightly off: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8280422 Fixed

- 00:25:592 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - mhhh - i dont understand to what is this mapped? (overmapped) ok, 00:25:592 - i deleted circle, and now all circles fit music

- 00:29:418 (1) - should stand out from 00:29:112 (8,9) - cause its like a intenser sound which should have a higher DS fixed

- 00:48:551 (7) - here is no sound if i delete this sound, this part will not understandable, but now this sound do structure more smooth, so it will be weird without this

- 00:49:316 (2,3) - why is here the DS higher than in the rest - when you say because of the tick sound at 00:49:469 - then why not do that to at for example 00:49:929 - /00:50:235 - /00:50:694 - /etc Firstly, it's beautiful, secondly this part includes many jumps like this, so i don't think that it's a problem

- put the 00:51:765 (2) - in the middle of the 00:52:071 (3) - so you dont have the small overlap between (2) sliderend and (3) + looks better fixed

- 00:53:296 (3,4) - here is not really a sound but 00:53:602 (5,6) - on the other hand have very strong sounds - but you mapped them equal~
Better remap that jumo pattern (3,4) for vocal part, if i delete these, the structure will be crashed. This part has difference of music. And you think superficially, (5,6) very strong and they have strong sound of drum (hitwhistle), and of course (5,6) stand out insead of (3,4). But (3,4) are needed to follow the structure

- I dont like how you used 00:58:806 (1,2,3,4) - for representing the music because there is no really a structure in the music that would represent slider spam - would use this rythm instead (placements dont matter here) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8280567 These part for sliders 00:58:806 (1,2,3,4,1) - , 01:00:337 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - this for circles. It fits for music better, because the tone of the song rises.

- 01:00:337 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - what part of the music should represent the stream? Yes!!! Sound, that increase sinusoidly, allow me to use stream

- 01:04:010 (2) - would not put a reverse there, sounds a bit wierd~ (cause of the hisound at 01:04:316 - ) Don't think that it's a problem

- 01:08:143 - there is no sound (overmapped) No, it's connect circle

- 01:08:143 - ^

- 01:25:745 (1) - maybe place it over 01:26:816 (4) - cause overlap fixed

I think i stop here - this map is harldy maodable because of so many objects where is no sound or where your DS decisionmaking isnt very fitting to the music
Visualy the map looks alright but - how should i out it - not very modern - its probably not something i should complain but problably many others will~
The thing is that the song itself isnt the best for rythm games i guess because it isnt very linear/ well mappable because of not really outstanding musci background like drums/rythm etc
(Maybe you can relate to my critizism and can fix the rest by yourself - #learningbydoing)

Nontheless i wish you luck with your set and have a nice day~^^
Thanks for your mod! Red is more than green, but it's because i tried to explane my opinion, why i rejected this. But all things i fixed are really good noticing!!!!
Tiff
HII NM from my queue :)
I just got a bit of advice

02:26:944 (1,2) - it was not really an important beat, I would suggest to make it to a slide (it depends on u)
02:28:781 (6,7) - same ^
basically this lol
01:47:760 (1,2) - stack them together, is easier to read
AR is a bit for hard, maybe you want to make the difficulty up(cause is a bit too low for hard..) but perhaps shorten the break times (make more)
like continue 00:44:086 (1) -
03:04:904 (4,5,6,7) - don't stack with 4, is easy to confuse
00:20:669 (5,6) - u can put one more circle between them to make it more sense
srry there is only a bit :(
Topic Starter
elena2705

tiffany yu tyu wrote:

HII NM from my queue :)
I just got a bit of advice

02:26:944 (1,2) - it was not really an important beat, I would suggest to make it to a slide (it depends on u) Fixed
02:28:781 (6,7) - same ^ Fixed
basically this lol
01:47:760 (1,2) - stack them together, is easier to read Fixed
AR is a bit for hard, maybe you want to make the difficulty up(cause is a bit too low for hard..) but perhaps shorten the break times (make more) Fixed
like continue 00:44:086 (1) - HAHA, yes, maybe... I will do it, probably
03:04:904 (4,5,6,7) - don't stack with 4, is easy to confuse Fixed
00:20:669 (5,6) - u can put one more circle between them to make it more sense Fixed
srry there is only a bit :(
Thanks for your mod, tiffany!)
Nikakis
~Hello again!

(When you see the symbol ''^'',it means that i mentioned my suggestion already on a previous pattern/kiai or whatever)

Normal:

00:20:669 (2,3) - : Hmm,you should never start sliders on blue ticks.In these difficulties you should always start sliders on white and red ticks.For Normal's case,blue ticks are often difficult for newer players to play because of how quick and/or awkward they are when you start playing,so you should avoid using them.It's a bit inconsistent rhythm.I recommend to move them on the next white ticks.I know that you want to map the exact part that the vocals are starting from,but you should follow a normal cohesion on the hierarchy's of ticks.
,
don't worry about the small delay,trust me it works better like this
00:30:006 (2,3) - : Ctrl+G,it sounds better in my opinion.
00:31:842 (1,2) - : Hmm,i don't know about those reverse sliders.I think that this sounds better

01:50:209 (1,2) - : ^
03:03:373 (4) - : 1/1 sliders are too sudden and fast for a Normal difficulty.Just add a simple note there.
03:04:597 (3) - : Same thing.
03:05:822 (6) - : Same thing.You can map those 03:05:515 (5,6,1) - simply like this

03:22:965 (4) - : ^
03:24:189 (3) - : ^

Advanced:

00:06:740 (3,1) - : Kinda ugly overlap,fix it.
00:36:740 (1,2,3) - : I think that this sounds better in my opinion

01:01:230 (1,2,1,2) - : These sliders i think are too long for no reason.Maybe map it like this?

01:16:842 (3) - : This too,it's really akward for a ''kiai'' part.I recommend to map from 01:15:924 (1) - to 01:16:842 (3) - like this

01:21:740 (3) - This is very long too.Maybe do this?

01:34:904 (4) - This is a really noticeable held vocal,should be slider.
01:42:862 (1,2,3,4,5) - : Hmm,i think this is a better vocal cohesion

01:47:455 (5,6,1,2) - : The player will read it as whole stream line with that slider.I recommend to unstack this 01:47:760 (1) - .
01:55:413 (2,3) - : ^
02:19:597 (1,2,1,2) - : ^
02:27:862 (3) - : You should emphasize this more,so you can introduce the player on how strong sounds can change the distance of the notes.
02:31:536 (5,1,2) - : ^
02:35:209 (3) - : ^
02:40:107 (3) - : ^
03:02:148 (2) - : ^,emphasize it more.
03:07:046 (3) - : ^
03:14:393 (3) - : ^
03:16:842 (3) - : ^
03:19:291 (3) - : ^
03:21:740 (3) - : ^
03:26:638 (3) - : ^
03:33:985 (3) - : ^
03:36:434 (3) - : ^
03:38:883 (3) - : ^

Hard:

(Btw,why 1/8 Beat Snap Divisor :p ?)

Uh.Ok so,i feel sad to say that but this difficulty will need a serious remap,for example this part(00:04:903 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - ).Your sliders end too often on strong sounds,instead on the vocal's end.You focused too much on the beats and you ignored a lot of important vocal parts.(for example,00:07:351 (1) - ,00:09:495)This mix of mapping vocals + beats is really inconcistent.This specific part is calm and you should focus to map only the vocals.Try to always start sliders on vocals(red+white ticks)and end them when they stop,not in the duration of them.I hope you get my point.

00:24:494 (1,2,3,4,5) - : As i said from above.There is no reason to map those beats that are on the song just to keep it живой(LOL,had to google traslate it to understand it quite better)and to keep it interesting,not boring.Your main goal is to map the vocals.So try this?

00:26:331 (8,9) - : Same thing.
00:27:556 (3,4) - : ^
00:30:005 (2) - : ^
00:31:229 (7,8) - : ^
00:32:454 (3,4) - : ^
00:34:290 (1,2,3,4) - : ^

(So i will just stop here.I gave you some examples about the issue,i wont continue the ^'s cause it will take forever for me.)

Drives You Insane:

:o .Same issues just like from above about the vocal things.

I will give a simple example on how you should map the whole map with this part 00:04:903 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) -


I hope again that you got my point.If you want your mapset to get ranked,you should remap those things that i mentioned about this mix of beats+
vocals,it's really inconsistent.I would really recommend to contact BN and ask him to explain you better those things with a mod or with a IRC.For example,those pauses are really akward
00:15:464 (3,4,5,6) - and they should not even exist,those 2 seconds break on the whole map.You should just map the vocals with a very little variety of those beats.

~That's all i had to say,good luck!
Topic Starter
elena2705

Nikakis wrote:

~Hello again!

(When you see the symbol ''^'',it means that i mentioned my suggestion already on a previous pattern/kiai or whatever)

Normal:

00:20:669 (2,3) - : Hmm,you should never start sliders on blue ticks.In these difficulties you should always start sliders on white and red ticks.For Normal's case,blue ticks are often difficult for newer players to play because of how quick and/or awkward they are when you start playing,so you should avoid using them.It's a bit inconsistent rhythm.I recommend to move them on the next white ticks.I know that you want to map the exact part that the vocals are starting from,but you should follow a normal cohesion on the hierarchy's of ticks.
,
don't worry about the small delay,trust me it works better like this Yes, it's really better) Fixed. I knew about blue ticks in easy diffs, but it recently had 196 BPM, and so it was red tick
00:30:006 (2,3) - : Ctrl+G,it sounds better in my opinion. fixed
00:31:842 (1,2) - : Hmm,i don't know about those reverse sliders.I think that this sounds better
fixed
01:50:209 (1,2) - : ^ ^
03:03:373 (4) - : 1/1 sliders are too sudden and fast for a Normal difficulty.Just add a simple note there. fixed
03:04:597 (3) - : Same thing. fixed
03:05:822 (6) - : Same thing.You can map those 03:05:515 (5,6,1) - simply like this
fixed
03:22:965 (4) - : ^ fixed
03:24:189 (3) - : ^ fixed

Advanced:

00:06:740 (3,1) - : Kinda ugly overlap,fix it. fixed
00:36:740 (1,2,3) - : I think that this sounds better in my opinion 00:36:740 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) -

01:01:230 (1,2,1,2) - : These sliders i think are too long for no reason.Maybe map it like this? This part for vocal, so these sliders for 'want~'

01:16:842 (3) - : This too,it's really akward for a ''kiai'' part.I recommend to map from 01:15:924 (1) - to 01:16:842 (3) - like this fixed

01:21:740 (3) - This is very long too.Maybe do this? fixed

01:34:904 (4) - This is a really noticeable held vocal,should be slider. fixed
01:42:862 (1,2,3,4,5) - : Hmm,i think this is a better vocal cohesion fixed

01:47:455 (5,6,1,2) - : The player will read it as whole stream line with that slider.I recommend to unstack this 01:47:760 (1) - . fixed
01:55:413 (2,3) - : ^ fixed
02:19:597 (1,2,1,2) - : ^ fixed
02:27:862 (3) - : You should emphasize this more,so you can introduce the player on how strong sounds can change the distance of the notes. fixed, if i understand you right)
02:31:536 (5,1,2) - : ^
02:35:209 (3) - : ^
02:40:107 (3) - : ^
03:02:148 (2) - : ^,emphasize it more.
03:07:046 (3) - : ^
03:14:393 (3) - : ^
03:16:842 (3) - : ^
03:19:291 (3) - : ^
03:21:740 (3) - : ^
03:26:638 (3) - : ^
03:33:985 (3) - : ^
03:36:434 (3) - : ^
03:38:883 (3) - : ^ fixed all

Hard:

(Btw,why 1/8 Beat Snap Divisor :p ?) Because of repeatable sliders

Uh.Ok so,i feel sad to say that but this difficulty will need a serious remap,for example this part(00:04:903 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - ).Your sliders end too often on strong sounds,instead on the vocal's end.You focused too much on the beats and you ignored a lot of important vocal parts.(for example,00:07:351 (1) - ,00:09:495)This mix of mapping vocals + beats is really inconcistent.This specific part is calm and you should focus to map only the vocals.Try to always start sliders on vocals(red+white ticks)and end them when they stop,not in the duration of them.I hope you get my point.
:( :o :o :o :o :o :o This part ia so bad.... I think this part has never be mapped good, cuz all modders in all diffs always told about this... So i deleted this... in this and insane diffs

00:24:494 (1,2,3,4,5) - : As i said from above.There is no reason to map those beats that are on the song just to keep it живой(LOL,had to google traslate it to understand it quite better)and to keep it interesting,not boring.Your main goal is to map the vocals.So try this?

00:26:331 (8,9) - : Same thing.
00:27:556 (3,4) - : ^
00:30:005 (2) - : ^
00:31:229 (7,8) - : ^
00:32:454 (3,4) - : ^
00:34:290 (1,2,3,4) - : ^

(So i will just stop here.I gave you some examples about the issue,i wont continue the ^'s cause it will take forever for me.)

WOW, IT'S REALLY THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!!! Really cool, i remaped it

Drives You Insane:

:o .Same issues just like from above about the vocal things.

I will give a simple example on how you should map the whole map with this part 00:04:903 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) -


I hope again that you got my point.If you want your mapset to get ranked,you should remap those things that i mentioned about this mix of beats+
vocals,it's really inconsistent.I would really recommend to contact BN and ask him to explain you better those things with a mod or with a IRC.For example,those pauses are really akward
00:15:464 (3,4,5,6) - and they should not even exist,those 2 seconds break on the whole map.You should just map the vocals with a very little variety of those beats.

~That's all i had to say,good luck!
Thank you, Nick, for your mod. It's the most helpful mod in this map!
Jokerank
Карта супер, спасибо)
Topic Starter
elena2705

Jokerank wrote:

Карта супер, спасибо)
Воу, да не за что)))
Justysuwu
Hi :D
1. 00:08:577 (3) - this slider make longer and end on next circle
2. 00:18:067 (1) - start 1/2 beat before and in the break give the circle
3. 00:20:822 (2) - ^^
4. 00:37:352 (1) - ^^
5. 00:39:801 (2) - ^^
6. 01:03:373 (3,1) - in this break give circle
7. 01:09:801 (3) - instead this make half-beat slider
8. 01:25:720 (1,2) - same as 6
9. 01:29:393 (2,3) - ^^
10 01:36:128 (1,2) - ^^
11. 02:21:740 (3,1) - ^^
12. 02:33:373 (3,1) - ^^
13. 02:58:781 (1) - end this 1 beat before and on green line make half-beat slider
14. 03:10:414 (3,1) - same as 6
15. 03:30:006 (3,1) - ^^
I think cs: 3 is better there
1. 02:58:781 (1) - end this 1 beat before and on green line make half-beat slider
1. 01:10:872 (7) - This is unnesecary
2. 01:15:770 (8) - ^^
3. 02:26:791 (9) - ^^
4. 02:29:240 (7) - ^^
5. 02:34:138 (8) - ^^
6. 03:28:015 (7) - ^^
1. 01:08:576 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - this combo is too big
2. 01:15:923 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - ^^
Find out where the combo is biggest than 9 and reduce it
3. 02:00:312 (2,3) - in this break give circle

[lucky:1337]Good Luck![/lucky:1337]
Topic Starter
elena2705

MyAngelMeinter wrote:

Hi :D
1. 00:08:577 (3) - this slider make longer and end on next circle This for vocal
2. 00:18:067 (1) - start 1/2 beat before and in the break give the circle Fixeed
3. 00:20:822 (2) - ^^
4. 00:37:352 (1) - ^^
5. 00:39:801 (2) - ^^
6. 01:03:373 (3,1) - in this break give circle
7. 01:09:801 (3) - instead this make half-beat slider
8. 01:25:720 (1,2) - same as 6 Fixed
9. 01:29:393 (2,3) - ^^ Fixed
10 01:36:128 (1,2) - ^^
11. 02:21:740 (3,1) - ^^
12. 02:33:373 (3,1) - ^^
13. 02:58:781 (1) - end this 1 beat before and on green line make half-beat slider
14. 03:10:414 (3,1) - same as 6
15. 03:30:006 (3,1) - ^^
All that i don't answer i didn't fix, because i can't see the reason to add circle or etc
I think cs: 3 is better there I also think so
1. 02:58:781 (1) - end this 1 beat before and on green line make half-beat slider Now it's ideal
1. 01:10:872 (7) - This is unnesecary
2. 01:15:770 (8) - ^^
3. 02:26:791 (9) - ^^
4. 02:29:240 (7) - ^^
5. 02:34:138 (8) - ^^
6. 03:28:015 (7) - ^^ The tone of music is changing everywhere, so it's nesecary
1. 01:08:576 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - this combo is too big
2. 01:15:923 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - ^^
Find out where the combo is biggest than 9 and reduce it I don't know why more than 9 it's big...I read that more than 15 is big combo...
3. 02:00:312 (2,3) - in this break give circle Ok

[lucky:1337]Good Luck![/lucky:1337]
Thanks for your mod!)))
Blan_C
Hello, from my mod q. This will be only general mod because theres an issue that you repeat, most of the map imo shall be remapped

Drives you insane
  1. 00:25:720 - This part is weird. You use only circles but there some different sounds. i suggest you to distinguish diferent sounds using variety of circles/sliders. Maybe like this:
  2. I dont like this empty spaces like 00:28:934 - You can put 1/1 slider here and it sounds/play good.
  3. 00:37:506 - Just like here, This empty space is weird + 00:37:198 (2) - slider end on important beat that shall be clickable. Try:
  4. 00:37:658 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - Rythm there is weird. If you followed tip above you can use that
  5. 00:40:260 (4,5,6,7) - Rythm is weird. most important sounds are on white ticks so try stating sliders on these. Try:


    And so on. The rythm of placed objects is weird. You need to learn more about placing objects on proper ticks. Gl with your map tho!
Topic Starter
elena2705

Blan_C wrote:

Hello, from my mod q. This will be only general mod because theres an issue that you repeat, most of the map imo shall be remapped

Drives you insane
  1. 00:25:720 - This part is weird. You use only circles but there some different sounds. i suggest you to distinguish diferent sounds using variety of circles/sliders. Maybe like this:
  2. I dont like this empty spaces like 00:28:934 - You can put 1/1 slider here and it sounds/play good.
  3. 00:37:506 - Just like here, This empty space is weird + 00:37:198 (2) - slider end on important beat that shall be clickable. Try:
  4. 00:37:658 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - Rythm there is weird. If you followed tip above you can use that
  5. 00:40:260 (4,5,6,7) - Rythm is weird. most important sounds are on white ticks so try stating sliders on these. Try:


    And so on. The rythm of placed objects is weird. You need to learn more about placing objects on proper ticks. Gl with your map tho!
Thank you too much!!!! I fixed all!!!
About copy-paste...In the song repeatable parts and so in my map has repeats too. So it's fine
Pok0555
Hey, from my NM q

General
I recommend you turning on the widescreen support since your map has a storyboard, doing this will reduces lag in game
I personally think this diff's approach rate is a bit too fast, I suggest making it around 7 or so
Consider making your 2nd combo color a bit brighter, so it fits in with the rest of the combo's colors
that's all for general

Since your map uses a lot of copy and paste, I won't point out the exact problems of your map, I'll just tell you your mistakes and some examples of it, scan through your map again and try to fix all the similar mistakes you found, of course all this are your desicions

I'll mod Hard first
If you use a lot of circles, I recommend not to make it into a predictable boring pattern like a line or a curve line, make it a bit less predictable and more beautiful
00:35:515 (4,5,6,7,8) - Like this
00:39:494 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Or this
00:57:250 (3,4,5,6) - Or this (u could make this into a square or something)
01:13:475 (1,2,3,4,5) - This too
These are just a few suggestion of mine, of course they're all optional

00:37:658 (4,5) - Hmm... This is called a burai slider, Burai slider is a slider that completely overlaps itself without leaving room to notice that it has actually overlapped with the exception of the slider end. This pattern is unrankable due to the confusion it creates in terms of overall readability. On the contrary, if you do a similar pattern but leave it as a slight angle, it is rankable, so I highly recommend adding some distances between these sliders
01:56:026 (4,5) - Here too ^


00:30:771 - You missed a beat here, consider adding a note
00:33:526 - Same ^
00:37:506 - Same ^
00:38:424 - Same ^
00:39:648 - Same ^
00:42:404 - Same ^
Most of your undermapped beats are on blue ticks, these beats are quite small so they're not easy to hear, consider checking them thoroughly again
That's really all for Hard

Advance
00:29:087 (6,7,1) - You shouldn't really have 1/4 stacks, consider turning this into a slider
01:15:618 (6,7) - Same ^
01:20:516 (6,7,1) - Same ^
01:28:016 (6,1) - Same ^
01:14:699 (4) - I don't recommend putting a circle on a slider ends before that slider starts (it's hard to see and it doesn't really look good in my opinion)

That's all I have for you, remember, it's your desicion to whether or not change these
Good luck! ;)
I hope my mod helps!
And who tf wrote the lyrics?
Topic Starter
elena2705

Pok0555 wrote:

Hey, from my NM q

General
I recommend you turning on the widescreen support since your map has a storyboard, doing this will reduces lag in game I haven't lags...but my computer is really bad, and i hate widescreen support...So no
I personally think this diff's approach rate is a bit too fast, I suggest making it around 7 or so For Hard diff AR 8 is ok, it's not so difficult, so no
Consider making your 2nd combo color a bit brighter, so it fits in with the rest of the combo's colors Oki
that's all for general

Since your map uses a lot of copy and paste, I won't point out the exact problems of your map, I'll just tell you your mistakes and some examples of it, scan through your map again and try to fix all the similar mistakes you found, of course all this are your desicions

I'll mod Hard first
If you use a lot of circles, I recommend not to make it into a predictable boring pattern like a line or a curve line, make it a bit less predictable and more beautiful
00:35:515 (4,5,6,7,8) - Like this
00:39:494 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Or this Fixed
00:57:250 (3,4,5,6) - Or this (u could make this into a square or something)
01:13:475 (1,2,3,4,5) - This too
These are just a few suggestion of mine, of course they're all optional I don't think that it's not beautiful. Simple is not the same ugly...So in my opinion it's cool But 1 i fixed cuz i also don't like the shape

00:37:658 (4,5) - Hmm... This is called a burai slider, Burai slider is a slider that completely overlaps itself without leaving room to notice that it has actually overlapped with the exception of the slider end. This pattern is unrankable due to the confusion it creates in terms of overall readability. On the contrary, if you do a similar pattern but leave it as a slight angle, it is rankable, so I highly recommend adding some distances between these sliders
01:56:026 (4,5) - Here too ^ Okey, it's fixed


00:30:771 - You missed a beat here, consider adding a note Fixed
00:33:526 - Same ^ It sound good without this
00:37:506 - Same ^ Can't hear the beat
00:38:424 - Same ^ Here vocal "dreamer~" And this circle will sound bad
00:39:648 - Same ^ It sound good without this
00:42:404 - Same ^ Can't hear the beat
Most of your undermapped beats are on blue ticks, these beats are quite small so they're not easy to hear, consider checking them thoroughly again
That's really all for Hard

Advance
00:29:087 (6,7,1) - You shouldn't really have 1/4 stacks, consider turning this into a slider
01:15:618 (6,7) - Same ^
01:20:516 (6,7,1) - Same ^
01:28:016 (6,1) - Same ^
01:14:699 (4) - I don't recommend putting a circle on a slider ends before that slider starts (it's hard to see and it doesn't really look good in my opinion) It looks good imo! And it's hard diff so i can do things like this
This diff is hard!!! (because 2.33* it's hard....but it's easyyyyy) And i don't see the reason why i shouldn't use 1/4 triple, it's opportunity for begginers to learn triple. So it's defenetly OK
That's all I have for you, remember, it's your desicion to whether or not change these
Good luck! ;)
I hope my mod helps!
And who tf wrote the lyrics? I am... Is it bad??? :?
Thanks for your mod, some notes are really necessary and helpful))
[Crz]Makii
From queue,sorry for late!
as 8 mins limit I will mod Hard and Normal~
[Normal]
  1. 00:35:822 (3,4) - not a perfect blanket https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8582051
  2. 00:42:557 - I think it should be clickable,so add a circle?
  3. 01:09:189 (2) - 0.9x ds?should be 1.0
  4. 01:43:475 (1) - I think NC is not necessary,In Normal Diff continuous NC is a little weird for beginners.
  5. 01:54:190 (3,4) - blanket qwq
  6. 02:00:924 - same~
  7. 02:26:944 (1,2) - same~
  8. 02:28:168 (3,4,5,6,1) - it's so hard for beginners...
  9. 03:07:965 (6) - better to change it to a 1/2 slider.

[Hard]
  1. idk whether it needs to open Widescreen Support as you added storyboard,ahh maybe ask some BNs
  2. 00:26:178 (5,6) - this stack is a little confusing,like 00:24:954 (2,3) - 00:27:403 (2,3) - 00:29:240 (7,1) - 00:30:464 (4,5,6,7) - and so on you used ds,so keep them be the same is better
  3. 00:40:720 (5,6,7) - well a sudden 1/4 stack during a long 1/2 part I think it's too hard to read them clearly.So how to use a reserve slider instead?
  4. 00:44:240 (2,3) - 00:46:689 (2,3) - 00:56:332 (1,2) - a tiny overlap,you can abandon ds limit to fix it xD,ds is not necessary in hard diff
  5. 00:54:648 (3,4) - well...maybe it's too far as you always used 1.0x ds to put objects..
  6. 01:05:210 (5) - maybe whistle can work better
  7. 01:07:659 (7) - ahh 1/16 in Hard diff maybe......too scary lol
  8. 01:23:347 - 01:40:490 - add a break time will be better
  9. 01:59:088 (5,6,7,8,9,1) - continuous 1/4 stacking but blanked a 1/2 space will make players hard to read them...I think they should be in Insane diff...
  10. 02:02:608 (2,3) - 02:05:057 (2,3) - 02:14:700 (1,2) - ya I know what do you want..but in fact they aren't neat~

GL~
Topic Starter
elena2705

[Crz]Sword wrote:

From queue,sorry for late!
as 8 mins limit I will mod Hard and Normal~
[Normal]
  1. 00:35:822 (3,4) - not a perfect blanket https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8582051
  2. 00:42:557 - I think it should be clickable,so add a circle?
  3. 01:09:189 (2) - 0.9x ds?should be 1.0
  4. 01:43:475 (1) - I think NC is not necessary,In Normal Diff continuous NC is a little weird for beginners.
  5. 01:54:190 (3,4) - blanket qwq
  6. 02:00:924 - same~
  7. 02:26:944 (1,2) - same~
  8. 02:28:168 (3,4,5,6,1) - it's so hard for beginners...
  9. 03:07:965 (6) - better to change it to a 1/2 slider.
    Fixed all

[Hard]
  1. idk whether it needs to open Widescreen Support as you added storyboard,ahh maybe ask some BNs OK
  2. 00:26:178 (5,6) - this stack is a little confusing,like 00:24:954 (2,3) - 00:27:403 (2,3) - 00:29:240 (7,1) - 00:30:464 (4,5,6,7) - and so on you used ds,so keep them be the same is better Fixed
  3. 00:40:720 (5,6,7) - well a sudden 1/4 stack during a long 1/2 part I think it's too hard to read them clearly.So how to use a reserve slider instead? Fixed, but i just use jump
  4. 00:44:240 (2,3) - 00:46:689 (2,3) - 00:56:332 (1,2) - a tiny overlap,you can abandon ds limit to fix it xD,ds is not necessary in hard diff I don't think that this overlap is tiny
  5. 00:54:648 (3,4) - well...maybe it's too far as you always used 1.0x ds to put objects.. (4) is strong, so i use jump
  6. 01:05:210 (5) - maybe whistle can work better Yes, it's good
  7. 01:07:659 (7) - ahh 1/16 in Hard diff maybe......too scary lol no
  8. 01:23:347 - 01:40:490 - add a break time will be better Fixed
  9. 01:59:088 (5,6,7,8,9,1) - continuous 1/4 stacking but blanked a 1/2 space will make players hard to read them...I think they should be in Insane diff... Fixed
  10. 02:02:608 (2,3) - 02:05:057 (2,3) - 02:14:700 (1,2) - ya I know what do you want..but in fact they aren't neat~ Fixed

GL~
Thank you, and sorry for so long((( I'm lazy ass :o
Jemzuu
hello from Q

will only be modding Hard cus i think Insane is not that polished yet sry

[general]01:32:528 -
01:03:752 - 01:12:936 - 01:13:548 - 01:22:732 - 01:23:344 - 01:33:140 - 01:42:323 - lower the vol by 10-20% pls and it would be better if you'd change them to custom 3 instead and remove the whistles on the sliderbodies plss it doesnt suit inn asdadkpfusiodfu

[Hard]
00:29:466 (1,2) - Swap NC cus i think the slider deserves the NC more since the more related sound is the slider since theres a pause in the music anyway
00:30:537 (4) - maybe adjust the ds of this note a bit? since the beat is kinda continous with 00:30:690 (5,6) - make it look this instead? notice i also moved the slider that overlaps (4)
00:32:987 (4) - lower this note a bit since the vocal is saying "bring me down" xD y352 would be ideal
00:36:507 (9) - this slider is quite high lower this to y35 perhaps? also i'd 00:36:507 (9,1) - swap the NC's of these two like what i stated above
00:40:793 (5,6,7) - eh this doesnt fit that right tbh make them a star pattern instead and overall it should look like this
00:45:844 (7) - move this to the right a slight
00:53:497 (4) - nazi but slightly fix the blanket here xd should be at x200 y148
01:01:914 (3,3) - remove whistle for both sliderbodies and sliderpoints pls replace the slider points with claps instead
01:25:946 (2) - delet this note
01:34:670 (6) - nc
01:36:813 (4) - ^
01:37:272 (1,1,1) - remove NC's
01:40:946 (3) - adjust the ds of this note make it a triangle for 01:40:793 (2,4) - instead for aesthetics uwu

overall nice map but still needs some work on the hitsounds especially.
goodluck~
Topic Starter
elena2705

AJamez wrote:

hello from Q

will only be modding Hard cus i think Insane is not that polished yet sry

[general]01:32:528 -
01:03:752 - 01:12:936 - 01:13:548 - 01:22:732 - 01:23:344 - 01:33:140 - 01:42:323 - lower the vol by 10-20% pls and it would be better if you'd change them to custom 3 instead and remove the whistles on the sliderbodies plss it doesnt suit inn asdadkpfusiodfu I don't think that these parts are bad

[Hard]
00:29:466 (1,2) - Swap NC cus i think the slider deserves the NC more since the more related sound is the slider since theres a pause in the music anyway I can do it, but NC is on big yellow tick, so nah
00:30:537 (4) - maybe adjust the ds of this note a bit? since the beat is kinda continous with 00:30:690 (5,6) - make it look
this instead? notice i also moved the slider that overlaps (4) Good idea, fixed
00:32:987 (4) - lower this note a bit since the vocal is saying "bring me down" xD y352 would be ideal Fixed
00:36:507 (9) - this slider is quite high lower this to y35 perhaps? Fixed also i'd 00:36:507 (9,1) - swap the NC's of these two like what i stated above No, the same reason as higher
00:40:793 (5,6,7) - eh this doesnt fit that right tbh make them a star pattern instead and overall it should look like this good idea
00:45:844 (7) - move this to the right a slightFixed
00:53:497 (4) - nazi but slightly fix the blanket here xd should be at x200 y148 No, you are mistaken
01:01:914 (3,3) - remove whistle for both sliderbodies and sliderpoints pls replace the slider points with claps instead
01:25:946 (2) - delet this note nah, it's for vocal
01:34:670 (6) - nc good idea
01:36:813 (4) - ^
01:37:272 (1,1,1) - remove NC's Fixed
01:40:946 (3) - adjust the ds of this note make it a triangle for 01:40:793 (2,4) - instead for aesthetics uwuFixed

overall nice map but still needs some work on the hitsounds especially.
goodluck~
Thanks for your mod!!! Many things were changed!!!
mancuso_JM_
Hi there! Modding from my queue!

[General]

  1. Tags: Remove English and Electronic from tags. This information will appear in case your beatmap is ranked under its Genre and language, so actually is unecessary.


[Normal]

  1. 00:24:568 (1,2,3,4) - Basically the problem here is (4), because the move of your mouse (in my case) or tablet is not really comfortable when you start the map. I'd move (4) into the right side to put it under the slider end obtaining a better flow, but I needed to move a bit (1,2,3) to don't have this note outscreen. Check this screenshot to watch my idea on a better way.
    In addition I find it better looking because you didn't try any blanketing with the slider and the note, so yeah, would be better if you change that for a better flow.
  2. 00:27:630 (2,3) - The transition between these objects is not the best I have to say. I recommend you something like that for a better flow and it'll look better aesthetically.
  3. 00:29:160 (5) - This is the only 1/4 in all this difficulty, that is weird and inconsistent because you have a lot of section more important than this one that it can be remarked with 1/4 but it'll be a bit difficult for your easiest difficulty in the map. I'd use simple 1/2 sliders in 00:28:854 - and 00:29:466 - like that (I also did a little change in your combo'ing). If you need some help in pattern construction here, feel free to ask me.
  4. 00:33:140 (3) - Try reducing this slider in 1/1 (I mean reduce its length till 00:33:752 - ). I have some reasons to say that, first of all if you're following vocals, you can notice that the word "down" ends exactly at this point (and start the instrumental in the same point), so it's practically innecesary continue this slider.
    Then, a little recommendation looking that you're new in term of mapping, make sure to don't put a slider end over downbeat (longest white line in the timeline) because that represent an important change in the song and a change in stanza, so it's better to put single notes or slider starts over there.
  5. 00:39:568 (x) - Add a note maybe (?). I suppose you didn't add it because you wanted a little break here, but it feels pretty empty without it.
  6. 00:42:630 (3,1) - Don't put a spinner with just 1/4 space with the previous note in that kind of difficulties because it could be problematic to new players even if the BPM is low. I recommend you to move the spinner 1/4 forward, then make sure to reduce it length by 1/4, in addition of that I think it's following better the new sound in the song.
  7. 00:44:772 - 01:00:079 - In all this section I think you abused a bit with the rhythm, too much consecutive 1/2 objects could be a little hard for the easiest difficulty in the mapset. I recommend to see some point and remove some notes or re-disign some pattern.
  8. 01:03:446 (3) - As I explained before, putting a slider end over a downbeat is not the best idea and in this case is the worst idea because that slider end it is over the chorus' beginning. Following that logic, to give a better emphasis to the start of chorus, use two single notes instead of this 1/2 slider.
  9. 01:19:670 (4) - Slider ends is touching the HP Bar and it doesn't look really fine. Try fixing that, you can go to "Edit --> Rotate --> Selection Centre" and you can fix that easily.
  10. 01:35:589 (1,4) - You can watch this overlap during the gameplay and it doesn't look really good. You can fix that moving (4) some grids down.
  11. 01:42:323 (5) - Would be better if slider start and slider end don't touch themself. Move its slider end some grids pls.
This kiai section has similar mistakes, that's why I prefer to separe that from the rest of the mod.

  1. 01:04:364 ~ 01:09:568 - You have a lot of 1/2 pattern that it doesn't give variety in your map. In addition it could be a bit hard in your easiest difficulty. I recommend you to use some 1/1 there, for example at the beginning of kiai section you can use something like that instead. Other option, in 01:07:425 (4,5) - you could merge those objects and use a 1/1 slider instead of the current pattern.
  2. 01:15:997 ~ 01:20:283 - Similar idea here, it become really monotonus during the gameplay and that's not really good I have to say.
  3. 01:23:956 ~ 01:30:079 - Same here. Even if music is repetitive you can play a bit with all sounds in the song. There are some repetitive songs ranked that it doesn't use always the same rhythm, for example this one.
  4. 01:35:589 ~ 01:39:874 - (^)

- Let me give you an advice for future maps, I didn't mention them here because you can't fix it unless you want to remap some parts. Try to avoid overlaps with score and accuracy (such as 01:08:650 (1,2) -) they don't look really fine during the gameplay.

- It becomes longer than I expected. It need work before you can rank thi map, make sure to work in my mod, anyway is not that bad looking that you are a new mapper, you just need to polish things in the whole map but keep working.

[Advanced]

  1. 00:24:568 (1,2) - If you do something like that I think you'll find a better flow at the beginning of the map.
  2. 00:29:313 (7) - I find this note a bit unnecesary, it's a similar reason I've used in Normal. You've more important beats in the map, but you didn't covered them, that's why I suggest you to remove this note.
  3. 00:31:915 (1,2) - A bit nitpick, but slider ends are not properly stacked. Can you fix that pls?
  4. 00:42:936 (3,4,5) - This pattern can look much neater by moving a bit some notes. Take a look at this and give me your opinion, you can see I tried to do a neater triangle between these objects.
  5. 00:45:997 (5,1) - Hmm.. this pattern doesn't flow really well, because slider goes in one side, but this note goes in other. Maybe setting (1) x:384 y:291 can increase the flow here.
  6. 01:09:262 (2,3) - I didn't understand this spacing change at all. Make sure to fix that.
  7. 01:18:140 (1,1) - 01:37:425 (1,1,1) - I didn't understand those combo spam, it was the only places where you use and it doesn't make sense imo. Would be better to keep only the last combo and remove the rest.
  8. 01:28:854 (2,3) - I can't accept this spacing change just to do a blanket, because is really inconsistent with the rest of kiai and it doesn't follow the music at all. I highly recommend you to fix the spacing here.
  9. 01:29:772 (5) - Slider end is touching the HP Bar, that it doesn't look neat at all. Try moving it some grids down or fix its slider shape.

    - I personally think you could use more varieties in chorus, it's full 1/2 with some 1/4 that it doesn't provide anything interesting during the gameplay.


[Hard]

  1. 00:35:589 (4,5,6,7,8) - In my personal point of view this "jumpy" pattern doesn't work really fine because song doesn't have an increase in vocals or instrumental such as 00:30:538 (4,5,6) - where you can listen some change. In addition the transition with between (3,4) and (8,9) due the low spacing objects and that 1/2 space in timing. If I were you, I'd remove this unnecesary jumpy pattern for a better flow then.
  2. 00:36:507 (9,1) - Would be better if you do a blanket between these objects like this. It flows and look neater if you ask me.
  3. 00:38:497 (x) - Add a note here (?). You'll follow instrumental closely.
  4. 00:40:793 (5,6,7) - That's pretty confuse during gameplay, basically because 1/2 spacing and 1/4 spacing are exactly the same that generally cause confusion. I recommend you to "break" that star pattern reducing a little bit this spacing, you can also add a New Combo in (5) showing that something different is going to happen.
  5. 00:57:936 (7,8) - I recommend you to do that instead. Actually your pattern doesn't flow really well, doing my suggestion you'll achive a better flow using a similar blanketing too.
  6. 01:24:874 (1,1,1) - 01:29:772 (1,1,1) - 01:34:670 (1,1,1) - 01:39:568 (1,1,1) - Avoid all off those combo spam, they are following nothing in the music. Just use the same comboing that you use generally in the map, because this will work much better and it'll be consistent in the whole map.
    On the other side, I didn't understand really much those anti-jumps, but well, they don't play that bad, that's why I didn't mention them here.
  7. 01:25:946 (2,3) - Can you explain me this spacing change? You didn't do that in other point, that's why it feels weird to play.

    - I personally think this is the best difficulty of the set. It has some flows isssues but any player can live with that, sometime it looks pretty nice, you use different rhythms in kiai too. The thing that less like me here, were those anti-jumps and combo spam, they don't work really well with the music, but as for the rest you did it well.


[Drives You Insane]

  1. 00:29:313 (8,1) - This jump plays a bit weird, because after that you have a little 1/2 break. Instead of a single note in (1), would be better if you use a 1/2 slider to make this pattern more constant and it'll follow music too. This slider should starts in 00:29:466 - and ends in 00:29:619 - ofc.
  2. 00:33:599 (x) - Add a note pls. It'll follow properly the word "down".
  3. 00:48:829 (9,11) - I recommend you to listen this section in 25% playback rate. You'll notice there is no sound at all there, so these notes are not necessary at all, so I recommend you to delete them.
  4. 00:53:650 (5,6,1) - If you listen properly the song, a jumpy pattern between these objects will play excellent in my opinion. Give it a try pls.
  5. 01:00:385 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Same as 00:48:829. All this objects over 1/8 tick are just unnecesary because there is no sound.
  6. 01:03:293 (x) - A note here is necessary to follow properly the phrase "What you gonna do?".
  7. 01:12:630 (6) - 01:22:425 (8) - Those should be 1/16 slider with repetitions. You have done that in Hard, which is an easier difficulty, I don't see any reason to do so here.
  8. 01:17:834 (1,1,1,1,1) - 01:37:426 (1,1,1,1,1) - Avoid those combo spam as I told you in other difficulties, they are completely unnecesary and really inconsistent with whole map.
  9. 01:24:262 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - 01:39:109 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - I personally didn't understand the way you added spaces increases and antijumps, I mean in the first case (3,4,5) are jumps but then (6,7,8) are antijumps, and they didn't play really fine because the music is almost the same, it's the same in the second case. When you map try to have an idea of why you should add a jump/anti-jump and apply it accordly in all your map, if not your map will be really weird to play or understand.

    - I personally didn't like this map a lot :/. It doesn't flow well sometimes, and it has some applications that it doesn't make sense (those jumps/antijumps patterns, some overmaps, etc). Make sure to check the whole map by yourself, and try to make it better following my recommendations, I'm sure you can do it!


Well, that's all.
It becomes a longer mod than I expected, it needs more work generally if you want to get it ranked, but keep it up working!
I hope my mod can help you!
Best of Luck! :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply